It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
maximusditzel: gog downloader not working on windows 7 is there any problem with the app?
More details please.
Does it not install?
Does it not start?
Does it not handle download links correctly?
Does it not download games in its queue?
Does it not remove completed games?
maximusditzel: gog downloader not working on windows 7 is there any problem with the app?
JMich: More details please.
Does it not install?
Does it not start?
Does it not handle download links correctly?
Does it not download games in its queue?
Does it not remove completed games?
thank you for your concern but the problem is now resolved, i really do not know what happened but suddenly started to work with no more issues.
thank you again
Are there any plans to allow the downloader to download to network locations? I recently purchased a home NAS solution, however I am unable to point the downloader to anything not local to my machine. I've worked around it by mapping a folder on the NAS to my PC but would prefer if it was more integrated.
Each time I go to my account to download a purchase, I'm prompted to download gog's downloader. Does it not stay installed? Do I perhaps need to activate the downloader before selecting a game to download?

Appreciate any insights on this. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong or have the wrong expectation.
Thanks.

-->
Back paddling now. I'm not sure how I missed it, but the downloader eventually showed up, even though it was prompting me to install (while attempting to download a game). All seems ok.
Thanks anyway.
Post edited August 01, 2014 by cowtune
I just tried to reinstall the GOG downloader and my antivirus blocked it as containing malware called "Hardcandy"
Sidonnai: I just tried to reinstall the GOG downloader and my antivirus blocked it as containing malware called "Hardcandy"
What antivirus is that? And you can always scan the installer through Virus Total to see if any other antivirus find the same infection or not.
Sidonnai: I just tried to reinstall the GOG downloader and my antivirus blocked it as containing malware called "Hardcandy"
JMich: What antivirus is that? And you can always scan the installer through Virus Total to see if any other antivirus find the same infection or not.
AVG antivirus. I already got the installer on my main computer about a month ago. I just finished setting up a laptop for my wife and when I tried to install the GoG downloader today, if got blocked and flagged by my new install of AVG.
SarkenTol: Is GOG downloader compatible with W8.1? If so, should be run in the desktop mode or can it be run as an app?
I have been unable to get it to run since I moved over to win 81. . it installs but wont let one login. Complains about a MSVC dll being missing. So I am stuck with manual file downloading., Been like this for a month at least. moving back to steam to get games atm
stumegan: Complains about a MSVC dll being missing. So I am stuck with manual file downloading.
Install whichever Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package the Downloader is using.
Fallen_Zen: IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Any news when the downloader will support passwords with special characters and not bomb out with incorrect email and password.
EVader101: Any news when the downloader will support passwords with special characters and not bomb out with incorrect email and password.
Most likely it will never support passwords with special characters, it requires a lot of changes in both Downloader and Web API changes. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Post edited August 08, 2014 by Szulak
I'm having an issue with the downloader not launching, at least not launching properly. That is, the application is listed in the task manager, but never displays. I searched for a solution both on this forum and elsewhere, and after trying everything suggested, nothing has helped so far. For reference, I am using the latest stable release (3.6.0), on Windows 7 64-bit. I've tried restarting multiple times, re-downloading, un- and reinstalling, I tried the .NET verification tool, yada yada. So, any ideas?
sabasebatyne: So, any ideas?
Does it appear on the system tray? It is possible that it starts minimized, so it goes directly to the system tray and is not visible.
JMich: Does it appear on the system tray? It is possible that it starts minimized, so it goes directly to the system tray and is not visible.
No, it isn't starting minimized. Kinda wish it were, that would be an easy fix. :)
Hey Guys,
I have a problem with my GOG Downloader. It does not connect. It stays the whole time offline. I found a Log file in the Appdata Folder.
"
14:10:18 Serializing application state after saving settings.
14:10:21 init started
14:10:21 Worker -1 Requesting /3.6.0
14:10:21 Worker -1 Request data
Message: Die zugrunde liegende Verbindung wurde geschlossen: Für den geschützten SSL/TLS-Kanal konnte keine Vertrauensstellung hergestellt werden..
"
I think the Problem is the SSL Channel, what ever it is...
Can anyone help me ?

Greetz Kai