It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Sorry if thisis not the correct place, but I was unable to find one that fits it: How to keep track of the latest game´s updates? I got one, clicked to see what it was but I forgot and didn´t download it. Thanks.
tokisto: Sorry if thisis not the correct place, but I was unable to find one that fits it: How to keep track of the latest game´s updates? I got one, clicked to see what it was but I forgot and didn´t download it. Thanks.
The "What did just update?" thread
tokisto: Sorry if thisis not the correct place, but I was unable to find one that fits it: How to keep track of the latest game´s updates? I got one, clicked to see what it was but I forgot and didn´t download it. Thanks.
JMich: The "What did just update?" thread
Many thanks!
I have a less-than-pleasant internet connection and have been downloading for some few hours now but when it's almost near the end, the download just froze. I know this as the case because while it was downloading, my bandwidth speed on the bottom indicator would change every time. Now it's just stuck like that. I also tried pausing and resuming. Still the same. I also tried exiting the GOG Downloader and re-opening it again. It would go back to showing 1.51GB downloaded (instead of 1.52) but then as soon as it gets back to 1.52, it freezes along the way too.

Any idea how to fix this? I wouldn't want to redownload the whole thing again since my connection is shit and I might hit the cap.
Attachments:
ShedoSurashu: Any idea how to fix this? I wouldn't want to redownload the whole thing again since my connection is shit and I might hit the cap.
Try reducing the number of concurrent connections to 1. Usually helps with that problem, which is with the last couple of pieces. Sometimes changing the order in the queue also helps, so try dragging the reference card above the installer, and see if the installer completes normally after the reference card is done.
ShedoSurashu: Any idea how to fix this? I wouldn't want to redownload the whole thing again since my connection is shit and I might hit the cap.
JMich: Try reducing the number of concurrent connections to 1. Usually helps with that problem, which is with the last couple of pieces. Sometimes changing the order in the queue also helps, so try dragging the reference card above the installer, and see if the installer completes normally after the reference card is done.
That seems to have done the trick, thanks!
My internet connection here isn't that good, I've set my concurrent connections to 1, I'm downloading the game "Advent Rising" right now which is 4.1 GB in file size and I've gotten two errors already. First error, I remember, is a checksum-error-on-chunk error. I forgot the other one.

How do I go about this? I've already asked the support team and the point of what they said was to download the whole game again. It takes me at least 3 hours to reach halfway. Any help?
theorangekid: My internet connection here isn't that good, I've set my concurrent connections to 1, I'm downloading the game "Advent Rising" right now which is 4.1 GB in file size and I've gotten two errors already. First error, I remember, is a checksum-error-on-chunk error. I forgot the other one.

How do I go about this? I've already asked the support team and the point of what they said was to download the whole game again. It takes me at least 3 hours to reach halfway. Any help?
Kill the download client and restart it and it should continue the download from where it left off. If the files are corrupt, then it's a problem with your Internet connection and about all you can likely do is either get a better Internet connection or perhaps download from an Internet cafe or somewhere with a better connection. One other option is to get a shell account somewhere and download your games to the shell account using wget or curl, then download them home using rsync. rsync just synchronizes file differences so if anything gets corrupted in transit, a further rsync should repair it without having to download it all again.

Personally, I'd go with the remote shell + rsync solution if I had to deal with spotty Internet. rsync rocks.
One more thing to note - anyone closing the GOG downloader to restart it - you need to right click on the systray applet and choose "Exit" to truly close down the application. If you just hit the close button in the UI, it just closes the UI but leaves the downloader running in the background still. You have to close the actual background applet to restart it.
Post edited December 12, 2013 by skeletonbow
theorangekid: My internet connection here isn't that good, I've set my concurrent connections to 1, I'm downloading the game "Advent Rising" right now which is 4.1 GB in file size and I've gotten two errors already. First error, I remember, is a checksum-error-on-chunk error. I forgot the other one.

skeletonbow: Kill the download client and restart it and it should continue the download from where it left off. If the files are corrupt, then it's a problem with your Internet connection and about all you can likely do is either get a better Internet connection or perhaps download from an Internet cafe or somewhere with a better connection. One other option is to get a shell account somewhere and download your games to the shell account using wget or curl, then download them home using rsync. rsync just synchronizes file differences so if anything gets corrupted in transit, a further rsync should repair it without having to download it all again.

Personally, I'd go with the remote shell + rsync solution if I had to deal with spotty Internet. rsync rocks.
Alright. Although I'm new to the idea of getting a "shell account", I'll try it. +1 for the help. I appreciate it. Hopefully, I won't have to pay for any registration fees or something.

I've already killed my download client before and, right now, I'm trying to redownload the game with the use of another computer. Same internet connection, though. It's been good, so far. Around 115-120 KB/s. Excruciating, I know.
skeletonbow: One other option is to get a shell account somewhere and download your games to the shell account using wget or curl, then download them home using rsync. rsync just synchronizes file differences so if anything gets corrupted in transit, a further rsync should repair it without having to download it all again.
It would be SO much easier to do something like this if GOG would provide simple URLs which can be fed to wget/curl without jumping through hoops and having to chase down cookies and whatnot. Ah, and provide SHA sums I can check the integrity of the files myself—something the downloader -claims- to do, but fails miserably (I get -way- more corrupted files by using the downloader than just using my browser, which somehow defeats the whole point…). So in essence, make the non-Downloader downloads work more like Humble Bundle's system.

I'd actually trade in one of my games to get those two features… :o)
Lyeengray: It would be SO much easier to do something like this if GOG would provide simple URLs which can be fed to wget/curl without jumping through hoops and having to chase down cookies and whatnot. Ah, and provide SHA sums I can check the integrity of the files myself—something the downloader -claims- to do, but fails miserably (I get -way- more corrupted files by using the downloader than just using my browser, which somehow defeats the whole point…). So in essence, make the non-Downloader downloads work more like Humble Bundle's system.

I'd actually trade in one of my games to get those two features… :o)
On a new account, the default download method is direct http links which could be used with wget or curl, so what you're requesting is not only available, it is the default - until you turn on gogdownloader mode. Turn off gogdownloader mode and you get the original http download links again.

I don't know if they make SHA sums available visibly anywhere, but they are accessible through api.gog.com if I understand correctly and are used by their downloader and also 3rd party downloaders. Having the checksums right on the game pages somewhere either visible or accessible via a single mouse click would be nice though, so long as they're kept updated and in sync to the actual files and not a manual human process behind the scenes. :)
hi there i am having a problem downloading games from the downloader. I correctly installed it and the downloader mode is turned on, but when i click download nothing happens. it does not crash, no error message it just does not register that i clicked download. i tried re installing the downloader several times and restarted my computer several times to it just does not work. i am using Google chrome with windows 8 if that matters.
i did try using other browsers but none of them worked.

sorry if this is the incorrect place or it has already been answered.
any help would be appreciated.
skeletonbow: On a new account, the default download method is direct http links which could be used with wget or curl, so what you're requesting is not only available, it is the default - until you turn on gogdownloader mode. Turn off gogdownloader mode and you get the original http download links again.
I know about the non-downloader links, but if I just switch off the downloader mode, grab any of the 'plain' links and stuff it into wget, curl or whatever, I just get HTTP 403, presumably because I have no session cookies or whatever set.

skeletonbow: I don't know if they make SHA sums available visibly anywhere, but they are accessible through api.gog.com if I understand correctly and are used by their downloader and also 3rd party downloaders. Having the checksums right on the game pages somewhere either visible or accessible via a single mouse click would be nice though, so long as they're kept updated and in sync to the actual files and not a manual human process behind the scenes. :)
Thanks for the info; I didn't know there was an API available. I'm a programmer, so I wouldn't mind hacking together something to get the downloads the way I want them. Is there some kind of documentation around or is it considered as not for the general public?
Lyeengray: I know about the non-downloader links, but if I just switch off the downloader mode, grab any of the 'plain' links and stuff it into wget, curl or whatever, I just get HTTP 403, presumably because I have no session cookies or whatever set.

Thanks for the info; I didn't know there was an API available. I'm a programmer, so I wouldn't mind hacking together something to get the downloads the way I want them. Is there some kind of documentation around or is it considered as not for the general public?
You'll need to play around with wget's commandline options and/or config file. I don't know if there is an officially documented API, but there is an unofficial API reference out there in PDF format which I believe is reverse engineered from the GOG downloader. There are numerous 3rd party OSS downloaders available which probably all use the same interface as well. These can be either used directly, or used as a guideline for hacking up something by hand.

I don't have any handy links at the moment but it shouldn't be hard to find.
wazo43: hi there i am having a problem downloading games from the downloader. I correctly installed it and the downloader mode is turned on, but when i click download nothing happens. it does not crash, no error message it just does not register that i clicked download. i tried re installing the downloader several times and restarted my computer several times to it just does not work. i am using Google chrome with windows 8 if that matters.
i did try using other browsers but none of them worked.

sorry if this is the incorrect place or it has already been answered.
any help would be appreciated.
Where exactly is that "download" you click on?

The way to use the GOG Downloader is:
1. Go into your games librafy (shelf or list).
2. Click on a game - this displays all the files available for download.
3. Click on a file. This should bring up the GOG Downloader if it's enabled and ask you to enter your credentials.
4. After logging in to the GOG Downloader, it adds the files to the list to download and starts the actual download.

At what step does the process break for you?
Have you tried to completely close it and follow the above steps to see what happens?

And before trying any of this, please delete everything from the %localappdata%\GOG.com directory.