It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Hi, I bought Chronicles of Riddick and downloaded about 4 GB out of 5.8GB before pausing because I have to go to work. I just came back now and tried resuming my download but the Resume button is inactive (see attached image). Any advice?
Attachments:
resume.png (209 Kb)
Post edited November 23, 2013 by logan024
logan024: Hi, I bought Chronicles of Riddick and downloaded about 4 GB out of 5.8GB before pausing because I have to go to work. I just came back now and tried resuming my download but the Resume button is inactive (see attached image). Any advice?
Just add any another game to the download list. It's a bug, will be fixed in the next update of GOG Downloader.
logan024: Hi, I bought Chronicles of Riddick and downloaded about 4 GB out of 5.8GB before pausing because I have to go to work. I just came back now and tried resuming my download but the Resume button is inactive (see attached image). Any advice?
Szulak: Just add any another game to the download list. It's a bug, will be fixed in the next update of GOG Downloader.
It worked, thanks!
Hey all, I'm having a strange issue with the downloader. For some reason, it keeps trying to install the setup files for Sam & Max Save the World and Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space, despite the fact that I've had the games installed for a couple of months now.

Stranger still, it fails to download Save the World's setup, claiming "checksum error on chunk 3", and the downloader gets stuck in an infinite loop while trying to download Beyond Time and Space's setup, swtiching between beginning the download and pausing it, alternating every second.

This is frustrating because this is preventing me from downloading anything else using the downloader. I've even uninstalled and re-installed the downloader a couple of times, and it keeps trying to reinstall these two games. Anyone know how I can get the downloader to stop trying to reinstall both of these games?
The downloader not working for me. Not at all. Got appcrash instantly after launching. Uninstall/re-install does not help.I want to submit an error log but don't know how.
BiskutMentega: The downloader not working for me. Not at all. Got appcrash instantly after launching. Uninstall/re-install does not help.I want to submit an error log but don't know how.
Error log can be found at %localappdata%\GOG.com (type that in explorer's address bar). Not sure if there is an error log when it crashes on startup, but if there is, it will be there as logger.log
You could also verify your .NET installation, by using .NET Framework Verification Tool
There are still some games which have have separate language installers, but no distinct downloader file names, so I have troubles downloading correct language versions (for English + German):

- The Book of Unwritten Tales
- The Whispered World
coffeecup: There are still some games which have have separate language installers, but no distinct downloader file names, so I have troubles downloading correct language versions (for English + German):

- The Book of Unwritten Tales
- The Whispered World
The Whispered World does identify its German installers as such:
setup_whispered_world_german_2.0.0.15.exe
setup_whispered_world_german_2.0.0.15-1.bin
setup_whispered_world_german_2.0.0.15-2.bin

I haven't downloaded the German version of The Book of Unwritten Tales yet, but I expect it to be named in the same way.
Only thing I can suggest is to make sure that you're actually switching between languages before starting the download.

--- --- ---
@GOG

I accidentally missed a character while entering my account details into the GOG Downloader which resulted into the Downloader to lock; it put red boarders around the email & password fields, greyed out my entries, displayed a message about the credentials not being correct and became inactive, i.e. I could not delete my entries and none of the "x" buttons were clickable.
I had to kill the process in Task Manager and restart the Downloader to gain access to the email & password fields.

Is this how it's supposed to work, i.e. do we actually get only one chance to enter our info and if we screw it up the app locks? And is killing the process via Task Manager the only way to shut it down after it locks?
If not, is there a way to find out why it behaved this way?
If yes, are there any plans/ thoughts of changing this? IMHO, given another try or two or at the very least being able to close the app makes more sense.
Well it works .. now. strange.
JMich: Error log can be found at %localappdata%\GOG.com (type that in explorer's address bar). Not sure if there is an error log when it crashes on startup, but if there is, it will be there as logger.log
You could also verify your .NET installation, by using .NET Framework Verification Tool
Done verification. Said it was successful. There's a log in localappdata, but I think the log is few months old, back when the downloader was working.
BiskutMentega: Done verification. Said it was successful. There's a log in localappdata, but I think the log is few months old, back when the downloader was working.
Please try the following:
1. Start the GOG Downloader and wait for it to crash.
2. Then go to your %localappdata%\GOG.com folder and open the log file (you can open it with notepad).
3. Scroll down to the end of it and check if it has logged anything related to the latest attempt to use the Downloader (i.e. the latest crash).
4. If it has, you can submit a support form and manually attach the file to it.
5. If it hasn't, the best you can do is to submit a support form, attach a DxDiag report and explain the problem as best and in as much detail as you can.
BiskutMentega: Done verification. Said it was successful. There's a log in localappdata, but I think the log is few months old, back when the downloader was working.
HypersomniacLive: Please try the following:
1. Start the GOG Downloader and wait for it to crash.
2. Then go to your %localappdata%\GOG.com folder and open the log file (you can open it with notepad).
3. Scroll down to the end of it and check if it has logged anything related to the latest attempt to use the Downloader (i.e. the latest crash).
4. If it has, you can submit a support form and manually attach the file to it.
5. If it hasn't, the best you can do is to submit a support form, attach a DxDiag report and explain the problem as best and in as much detail as you can.
Is it normal for the installer of the downloader (NOT the downloader itself, I have not yet seen that) to be "finishing the installation" for the last 10 minutes?????

Edit: Nevermind, Chrome is bringing them in just fine! ;)
Post edited November 25, 2013 by Maegnas
Szulak: snip
The Downloader uses the same credentials like you're using to log on website.
snip
Could you please reply to a post I made a couple of days ago regarding this?
I'll repeat it here to save the trouble to go look for it :-)

I accidentally missed a character while entering my account details into the GOG Downloader which resulted into the Downloader to lock; it put red boarders around the email & password fields, greyed out my entries, displayed a message about the credentials not being correct and became inactive, i.e. I could not delete my entries and none of the "x" buttons were clickable.
I had to kill the process in Task Manager and restart the Downloader to gain access to the email & password fields.

Is this how it's supposed to work, i.e. do we actually get only one chance to enter our info and if we screw it up the app locks? And is killing the process via Task Manager the only way to shut it down after it locks?

If not, is there a way to find out why it behaved this way?
If yes, are there any plans/ thoughts of changing this? IMHO, given another try or two or at the very least being able to exit the app (properly) makes more sense.

Thanks ahead.
I have a minor rant going on here ;( :p

Could you give us a button to remove a game from the list in the downloader?
I just deleted a couple of installers by mistake and I have to download them again at 180-256kbs (sad panda).
ELFswe: Could you give us a button to remove a game from the list in the downloader?
A completed download can be removed by pressing the "Clear all" button. An incomplete download can be moved down the queue so the others will be downloaded first or removed (along with its files) by rightclicking.
If for some reason you want to remove an incomplete download from the queue while retaining the files, you have to remove the .bin file from %localappdata%\GOG.com