It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
I've downloaded and installed downloader. Its connecting OK (I see my avatar) but no list of games shows up (i assume it should be). I'm missing something?

EDIT. OK. Never mind. It works great. :)
Post edited October 31, 2013 by Gilbertus
Small bug notificed :

after several checks :

- .Net Framawork installation : ok
- Clean reinstall of the downloader (latest version)

IF a files have the same name , but a different size the downloader download twice the file -> instead of wiping the original file the first time.

Only tested with extras , this could not apply with games installers : can't be 100% sure though

Browser : Opera 12.16
Plugin : Adblock plus turned off or on changed nothing (just to be sure)

side note : i don't use the default directory for the downloaded files.
side note 2 : report has been submitted through the application
I have a weird problem with the downloader. I remember it used to have an actual window where you could see the list of downloading items, etc.

I can't get to it any more. The downloader is in my tray, and it has options Resume, Pause and Exit, but I can't get the window to appear. I tried double clicking it in the tray, killing it and restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling...
I purchased 4 ubisoft games yesterday and I've tried to download them many times and I keep getting a 403 forbidden error code and won't allow download. Had the downloader installed but it started updating itself and would not finish out. Very frusterated. Have windows 8
Post edited November 04, 2013 by 1mccloud
1mccloud: I keep getting a 403 forbidden error code and won't allow download.
The 403 error from the CDN is usually a problem with a proxy server. The link you get in the "My Account" page has a unique session ID which is assigned to your IP address, but you interact with the CDN through a different IP. That is usually the fault of a proxy, but it is possible that a firewall may be causing it.

1mccloud: Had the downloader installed but it started updating itself and would not finish out. Very frusterated.
It is possible that your firewall is blocking the downloader, thus while it can see an update available, it isn't allowed to download/install it. Try whitelisting it in your security suite.
1mccloud: I keep getting a 403 forbidden error code and won't allow download.
JMich: The 403 error from the CDN is usually a problem with a proxy server. The link you get in the "My Account" page has a unique session ID which is assigned to your IP address, but you interact with the CDN through a different IP. That is usually the fault of a proxy, but it is possible that a firewall may be causing it.

1mccloud: Had the downloader installed but it started updating itself and would not finish out. Very frusterated.
JMich: It is possible that your firewall is blocking the downloader, thus while it can see an update available, it isn't allowed to download/install it. Try whitelisting it in your security suite.
Thanks I'll give it a try
I have just updated to the latest downloader, as I have bought a new game, and chosen to use it for the process.
The downloader is activated, and decides to re-download my entire collection (?), but my library stated only 1 old game had an update. This new game is not showing in the downloader list. I can see the new game on the website 'shelf' library, but as of now, everything in my library cannot be downloaded via the loader, since it's frozen. Clicking on pause all, resume all, or clear, does nothing-any ideas? Is it a java and/or firefox issue?

update-I reinstalled the downloader, and set its compatibility to vista admin (which made it ask for login details).
It started downloading again, but after one item it still froze on the remainder.. I also tried a restart. Is it a server problem? Comodo has the gog downloader set as trusted, and I have tried temporarily disabling both comodo and avast. Thanks
Post edited November 04, 2013 by extent
extent: The downloader is activated, and decides to re-download my entire collection (?), but my library stated only 1 old game had an update. This new game is not showing in the downloader list. I can see the new game on the website 'shelf' library, but as of now, everything in my library cannot be downloaded via the loader, since it's frozen.
You must add the game manually to the GOG Downloader. Firstly, turn the GOG Downloader mode on (on game card), and then press the download button.
Fallen_Zen: IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
How DO AI GET THIS DOWNLOADER THING OFF MY COMPUTER? 2 OF THEM. THEY DON'T WORK AND REFUSE TO BE DELETED.
aalake: How DO AI GET THIS DOWNLOADER THING OFF MY COMPUTER? 2 OF THEM. THEY DON'T WORK AND REFUSE TO BE DELETED.
First of all make sure you exit the downloader. Clicking the red X will minimize it to the tray. Right click the icon and select exit. Then use Windows Uninstall a Program feature, and select GOG.com downloader version 3.6.0

Alternatively, tell us what errors you encounter trying to get them to work, and we'll see if we can solve them for you.

Welcome to GOG.com, enjoy your stay :)
aalake: How DO AI GET THIS DOWNLOADER THING OFF MY COMPUTER? 2 OF THEM. THEY DON'T WORK AND REFUSE TO BE DELETED.
JMich: First of all make sure you exit the downloader. Clicking the red X will minimize it to the tray. Right click the icon and select exit. Then use Windows Uninstall a Program feature, and select GOG.com downloader version 3.6.0

Alternatively, tell us what errors you encounter trying to get them to work, and we'll see if we can solve them for you.

Welcome to GOG.com, enjoy your stay :)
OK - I've gotten the downloaded setup things off my computer. Now - how do I get ONE GAME which I have purchased and which my credit card verifies that I have purchased. It will always be ONE GAME at a time that I will want and will decide on by reading the game descriptions and reviews (from other places). How do I get my purchased game by some other method other that the current downloader? How do I get games off my 'shelf' if I did not put them there myhself?
aalake: OK - I've gotten the downloaded setup things off my computer. Now - how do I get ONE GAME which I have purchased and which my credit card verifies that I have purchased. It will always be ONE GAME at a time that I will want and will decide on by reading the game descriptions and reviews (from other places). How do I get my purchased game by some other method other that the current downloader? How do I get games off my 'shelf' if I did not put them there myhself?
In the My Account page, you have all games purchased on GOG. Some of those games were given to you for free just for signing up. Clicking on one of the games should open it up with a few more details, like the languages it comes in, or any extras it has. To the right is a switch that reads "GOG.com Downloader mode". If it's green (ON), it will try to download through the downloader. If it's grey (OFF), you will download through your browser.

If a game is larger than 2GB, it will probably have more than one file for the installer. You will need to download all parts to be able to install it. None of the free games is that large, so all of them come in one file. Download it somewhere on your computer, and once it is done, run the installer. It should proceed with the installation. Once the installation is done, you are ready to play your game.

Not sure how clear my explanations are, don't hesitate to ask if you want any clarifications.
i have a download issue when i click on sa game to download using the downloader nothing happens. when i turn the downloader off and manually to download a game i get a 403 forbidden.

i use chrome and internet explorer but do the samething. i mcafee
dewayne3278: i have a download issue when i click on sa game to download using the downloader nothing happens. when i turn the downloader off and manually to download a game i get a 403 forbidden.

Could be the same issue as in this post.
dewayne3278: i have a download issue when i click on sa game to download using the downloader nothing happens. when i turn the downloader off and manually to download a game i get a 403 forbidden.

Make sure your firewall is not blocking the application from connecting to the Internet, that is the most common problem people have when trying to download games from GOG using the downloader.