It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
EvoluZion3: Hi any feedback on my problem yet as it is still happening?
Szulak: This issue has been fixed. We will release the new version of the GOG Downloader on Monday / Tuesday.
Fantastic, thanks Szulak I look forward to the update!
Can the GOG.com Downloader, manage both games and all the extras, like avatars/wallpapers/sountrracks/etc. for me?

I download all the installers and extras to my backup drive, then install the games to my os drive.

Can the downloader keep track to make sure I have every installer.exe and extra.zips in my back up drive, or does it only keep track of the instalation drive?

I basically want it to do both, manage my downloads into my backup drive, and keep track of which games I do install.

edit1:
ok I installed Bards Tale and I got black screen, and I want to make sure my downloaded files pass an integrity check.
So I downloaded the installer... now how do I check my all ready downloaded installer.exe's???

Is there a more simplar way, instead of going to gog.com, and redowloading the installers through the downloader?
(I do know it didn't actualy re-download the above files, it went like 100mb/s fast to the end, does this mean it passed a file integrity check?)

Man that downloader is NOT very user friendly!

edit2:
fixed bards tale by runing in combatibility mode for win xp
Post edited October 21, 2013 by gbaz69
gbaz69: Can the GOG.com Downloader, manage both games and all the extras, like avatars/wallpapers/sountrracks/etc. for me?

I download all the installers and extras to my backup drive, then install the games to my os drive.

Can the downloader keep track to make sure I have every installer.exe and extra.zips in my back up drive, or does it only keep track of the installation drive?

I basically want it to do both, manage my downloads into my backup drive, and keep track of which games I do install.
The Downloader is, like the name suggests, a downloader. It does not keep track, manage or updates your games and bonuses. If it could do all of the above, we would call it a client.

gbaz69: edit1:
ok I installed Bards Tale and I got black screen, and I want to make sure my downloaded files pass an integrity check.
So I downloaded the installer... now how do I check my all ready downloaded installer.exe's???

Is there a more simplar way, instead of going to gog.com, and redowloading the installers through the downloader?
(I do know it didn't actualy re-download the above files, it went like 100mb/s fast to the end, does this mean it passed a file integrity check?)

Man that downloader is NOT very user friendly!
For any game related problems please contact our support, me & Szulak are only responsible for the Downloaders. We're unable to help you with any game related issues.

As for the integrity check, the Downloader does it while the files are downloaded. So if the game download has finished without any errors, you should be fine.
Post edited October 21, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
RAN INTO A HUGE BUG, big disappointment.
I downloaded The Witcher normaly (without the downloader) to folder in:
E:\gog.com\the_witcher

I then wanted to check file integrity by re-downloading it with downloader. (folder path is E:\gog.com)
downloader said (something like this): "not enough space on disk" and the progress bar was greyed out, I all ready had the files, it just had to check the damn hashes............................
I deleted 50 gigs of files to make space (only needed a few more gigs)....
I then looked for a continue/resume option anywhere, even right clicking all over stuff... no go....
I then looked at top of the downloader program, looking for the CLEAR button, it wasn't there.....
I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to remove the queue from list...
I then right clicked on the greyed out bar and selected "Remove From list" and it said soemthing like ths:
"remove all downloaded files" I clicked "ok". (since it downloaded NOTHING.. ie said not enough disk space).
and I come to find out it FUKING deleting all my files from the directory, they are not even in the recycling bin!!!!!

Now I'm forced to redownload the entire game, yet again :(.

I don't want the downloader to delete ANY files, EVERY, pelase remove the feature to delete from within the downloader. It's not supposed to be a client, to quote you guys, ONLY a downloader.

edit: small typo
Post edited October 22, 2013 by gbaz69
gbaz69: RAN INTO A HUGE BUG, big disappointment.
I downloaded The Witcher normaly (without the downloader) to folder in:
E:\gog.com\the_witcher

I then wanted to check file integrity by re-downloading it with downloader. (folder path is E:\gog.com)
downloader said (something like this): "not enough space on disk" and the progress bar was greyed out, I all ready had the files, it just had to check the damn hashes............................
I deleted 50 gigs of files to make space (only needed a few more gigs)....
I then looked for a continue/resume option anywhere, even right clicking all over stuff... no go....
I then looked at top of the downloader program, looking for the CLEAR button, it wasn't there.....
I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to remove the queue from list...
I then right clicked on the greyed out bar and selected "Remove From list" and it said soemthing like ths:
"remove all downloaded files" I clicked "ok". (since it downloaded NOTHING.. ie said not enough disk space).
and I come to find out it FUKING deleting all my files from the directory, they are not even in the recycling bin!!!!!

Now I'm forced to redownload the entire game, yet again :(.

I don't want the downloader to delete ANY files, EVERY, pelase remove the feature to delete from within the downloader. It's not supposed to be a client, to quote you guys, ONLY a downloader.

edit: small typo
First of all why do you call it a bug my friend? Downloader doesn't do an integrity check on files that are already downloaded. There's a reason for that, calculating a checksum on a 15GB file takes about 15-20 minutes. Downloader only does integrity check while downloading (calculates on small 10MB chunks), so you won't even notice it.

Second of all, have you read the notice that popped up when you tried to remove the download from the list? It clearly stated that it will remove all "unfinished" files upon removing it from the list (image attached).
Attachments:
upload.png (19 Kb)
Fallen_Zen: Second of all, have you read the notice that popped up when you tried to remove the download from the list? It clearly stated that it will remove all "unfinished" files upon removing it from the list (image attached).
The problem is, the downloader had NO business deleting files it DID NOT DOWNLOAD (it doesn't matter that the file names just happen to be the file names of the files it DID NOT download).
The download never started, got grey bar, because it said not enough disk space to start.

You could probably test this yourself.

Moot point anyways, I had to redownload the files anyways, there were not in recycle bin, just gone :(.

Edit: its ok, ill stick to using downthemall thanks.
Post edited October 22, 2013 by gbaz69
gbaz69: The problem is, the downloader had NO business deleting files it DID NOT DOWNLOAD (it doesn't matter that the file names just happen to be the file names of the files it DID NOT download).
The download never started, got grey bar, because it said not enough disk space to start.
On the contrary, when you download The Witcher 2 from the browser it does not create a sub-folder named "the_witcher_2", the Downloader does. So you had to move the files there manually, therefore Downloader assumed you want to re-download the game (as I said, it doesn't do integrity check on files already downloaded). Besides that you were warned that the files will be removed when you clicked remove button.

I'm sorry you had to re-download the game but it isn't really our fault.
gbaz69: The problem is, the downloader had NO business deleting files it DID NOT DOWNLOAD (it doesn't matter that the file names just happen to be the file names of the files it DID NOT download).
Fallen_Zen: On the contrary, when you download The Witcher 2 from the browser it does not create a sub-folder named "the_witcher_2", the Downloader does. So you had to move the files there manually, therefore Downloader assumed you want to re-download the game (as I said, it doesn't do integrity check on files already downloaded). Besides that you were warned that the files will be removed when you clicked remove button.

I'm sorry you had to re-download the game but it isn't really our fault.
There are a lot of steps to what I did to reach said error, and i'm 100% sure it is an error with it deleting files off my harddrive that it DID NOT DOWNLOAD, period. What if it deleted my OS harddrive?

If you need a break down step by step to recreate the bug, to understand it better, I'll be glad to help.

It is ok really, I now know how to avoid the problem in the future :P haha. So its all ready in the past.

Btw, if I ever get another GREY BAR (for whatever reason, disk space, etc.), how to I safely remove it from my downloader list?
gbaz69: There are a lot of steps to what I did to reach said error, and i'm 100% sure it is an error with it deleting files off my harddrive that it DID NOT DOWNLOAD, period. What if it deleted my OS harddrive?

If you need a break down step by step to recreate the bug, to understand it better, I'll be glad to help.

It is ok really, I now know how to avoid the problem in the future :P haha. So its all ready in the past.

Btw, if I ever get another GREY BAR (for whatever reason, disk space, etc.), how to I safely remove it from my downloader list?
It won't remove anything besides the games or bonuses downloaded from our website, believe me :).

If you really think there was a bug involved, please PM me with the detailed step by step instruction. We'll try to re-create the problem.

The only possible ways of loosing any data is to either remove an unfinished download from the list (you get a warning saying this) or by downloading games to the same destination where complete files reside, they will be overwritten and truncated if sizes do not match. Hopefully that helps.
Fallen_Zen: It won't remove anything besides the games or bonuses downloaded from our website, believe me :).
Then it is a bug silly, I had greybar, it didnt download a single byte, yet it did delete the files I all ready had in that games directory :P.

Fallen_Zen: The only possible ways of loosing any data is to either remove an unfinished download from the list (you get a warning saying this) or by downloading games to the same destination where complete files reside, they will be overwritten and truncated if sizes do not match. Hopefully that helps.
How do we remove a greybar queue from the list without brining up the rightclick that deletes the files?

Fallen_Zen: If you really think there was a bug involved, please PM me with the detailed step by step instruction. We'll try to re-create the problem.
Ok, I'll try to get you the list of what I did, but I wont re-try it myself, with fear of losing more files.

Guess you can test this:
Requirements:game with high GIG size and harddrive space with just under 2x the game size (so you CAN NOT download 2 copies total)
example: the witcher 8.5 gig game, so use a harddrive/partition with 9-15 gigs (so that you can NOT FIT 2 copies).
Use the downloader to get full game. CLEAR/clean list, exit downloader.
Re-open downloader and re-add the full game to downloader.
Will get greybar saying not enough disk space (since you can't fit 2nd copy).
Right click on greybar and remove from list selecting OK to delete files.
And pow, your previously downloaded files should now be gone.
^There, I'm sure that is bare minimum steps, if you can't get it to delete your all ready downloaded files,
I could ... get an even more detail of what I did.

Ps. thanks for listening
This downloader reports an out of disk space error. It's true the C drive don't have the space for this game, but I've set the download location to the D drive.

After changing the download location,not knowing how to restart the download (the programmers having not provided a button for this) I looged out in the downloader. Logging back in prevented me from downloading the game again - nothing happened when I clicked the download link. I've uninstalled the downloader and reinstalled it. I still get the out of disk space error.

I'm using Windows 7.
Post edited October 22, 2013 by anton385
We've pushed updates to both Mac & Windows Downloader. This is just a maintenance and bug fix release, no new features included.
Is it just me or has this slowed dowloads considerably?
i was getting between 4-6Mb a second prior to this update and now only getting 200 - 300Kbs....
DonCorleon: Is it just me or has this slowed dowloads considerably?
i was getting between 4-6Mb a second prior to this update and now only getting 200 - 300Kbs....
Hey,
Please make sure you haven't any speed limit enabled. We didn't change anything related to the download speed. I've just checked and I am getting full speed (8-9MB/s).
No speed limit has been set.
I just grabbed a few of the older games, so ill see how it goes on the next feew and report back.
Thanks for the speedy reply :)