It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Hi!

I'm having a problem with the gog downloader. Namely that it fails to download installers for games.

Everything else downloads fine, but the downloader won't download installers, it starts the download, progresses a tiny bit and then freezes outright. I can download them fine through my browser though. (Firefox, windows 7).

I apologize if this issue has been answered but i didn't have the energy to trugde through a search <_<
NorthernDruid: Hi!

I'm having a problem with the gog downloader. Namely that it fails to download installers for games.

Everything else downloads fine, but the downloader won't download installers, it starts the download, progresses a tiny bit and then freezes outright. I can download them fine through my browser though. (Firefox, windows 7).

I apologize if this issue has been answered but i didn't have the energy to trugde through a search <_<
That shouldn't really be happening. Main difference between installers and extras is that installers can take advantage of concurrent connections, so see if setting those to 1 help. A second possibility is that your antivirus is overprotective with the large .exe files that haven't yet finished downloading. If this happens regardless if the installer is 1 file or multiple, you can probably ignore this, since the multi-part installers have a small .exe file (2MB or so), while the single installers can be much bigger (up to ~2GB).
If neither option helps, I think szulak would love to see your log file, so do send a report (Settings->Report).

Edit: Forgot to ask, can you download Mac installers or do they have the same trouble as the windows ones?
Post edited October 10, 2013 by JMich
NorthernDruid: snip...
As JMitch wrote, could you send me your log file, please? I will take a look on this issue tomorrow.
NorthernDruid: Hi!

JMich: That shouldn't really be happening. Main difference between installers and extras is that installers can take advantage of concurrent connections, so see if setting those to 1 help. A second possibility is that your antivirus is overprotective with the large .exe files that haven't yet finished downloading. If this happens regardless if the installer is 1 file or multiple, you can probably ignore this, since the multi-part installers have a small .exe file (2MB or so), while the single installers can be much bigger (up to ~2GB).
If neither option helps, I think szulak would love to see your log file, so do send a report (Settings->Report).

Edit: Forgot to ask, can you download Mac installers or do they have the same trouble as the windows ones?
Setting the concurrent connections down didn't help, but i can download mac files it seems. I can't test multi-installer downloads, or rather, I can only test with The Witcher which has several big files, not several small ones.

I'm using Avast! for antivirus (and threatfire), in case that helps. If it is my antivirus screwing up i don't understand why i can still download them fine normally though (and would love an explanation).

And i sent the report: :)
Unfortunately, I didn't receive your report - so it means, either your AV or Firewall is blocking connection. Could you please turn your AV and Firewall off and check if it will solve the problem? If yes, the next step will be adding GOG Downloader to the "safe list" (here is a guide how to do it: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=235789 and http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=183020)
Post edited October 11, 2013 by Szulak
Hello!

I´m having a minor, but still annoying problem. I have bought and installed about 20 different games to D:/Gog.com. Now for some reason the installer suggests I install downloaded games to directory called "Gog Games" and if I change the path to "Gog.com" it states illegal path. (for example you can use comma or any other mark, but using dot (.) is illegal.)

What gives?

Thx in advance!
Szulak: Unfortunately, I didn't receive your report - so it means, either your AV or Firewall is blocking connection. Could you please turn your AV and Firewall off and check if it will solve the problem? If yes, the next step will be adding GOG Downloader to the "safe list" (here is a guide how to do it: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=235789 and http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=183020)
Before i could try any of this i had to restart my PC because my internet connection was acting up. A slew of windows updates and getting rid of a previous antivirus i thought i had already disabled later, downloads seem to be working fine.

I'll try resending that report now to see if everything's working fine ;)

If it is it was probably whatever update was missing and/or conflicting antivirus programs.

Or it might just have needed a reboot. *shrug*

EDIT: It seems now, that if i put the computer in sleep mode or play a full-screen game or some such, the downloader will screw up windows installer downloads and freeze them at 10mb. Luckily, the solution is simply to stop the download and restart the downloader.
Post edited October 12, 2013 by NorthernDruid
Hi
, this error apears last 5 days. Uninstalled, reinstalled, registry clenaed. Same error
So the direct instaler for each game doesn´t working
Attachments:
error_gog.jpg (319 Kb)
Post edited October 12, 2013 by Manjbc
Miknu: Hello!

I´m having a minor, but still annoying problem. I have bought and installed about 20 different games to D:/Gog.com. Now for some reason the installer suggests I install downloaded games to directory called "Gog Games" and if I change the path to "Gog.com" it states illegal path. (for example you can use comma or any other mark, but using dot (.) is illegal.)

What gives?

Thx in advance!
This problem isn't related to the GOG Downloader itself, but to the game installers. Could you contact support and ask about this issue, please? Here is a support url: http://www.gog.com/support

Manjbc: Hi
, this error apears last 5 days. Uninstalled, reinstalled, registry clenaed. Same error
So the direct instaler for each game doesn´t working
It looks like the .NET framework on your pc is broken. Could you run .NET repair tool ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2698555 ) and post here a result ?
EvoluZion3: * Downloader keeps trying to redownload stuff I've downloaded and cleared! *

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered. I'm using release 3.5.8.0 but I'm sure this has been happening over the last handful of versions too. I normally have no problems with the downloader at all, however over the past few weeks the following has started to happen:

I finish downloading and installing a game, I right-click on the game in the Downloader and hit Clear to remove it from the list. I delete the setup files from my Download folder. The Gog Downloader list is now clear. The next time I fire up my PC and use Gog Downloader to download something else, the old files re-appear in the download list and it starts redownloading them again! The only way to prevent this from happening is to uninstall Gog Downloader and re-install it!

As an example I purchased five games from the recent 80%-off offer, installed them with no problems, cleared the list, and deleted the unwanted setup files. Now I've just downloaded the free Stargunner game, and the five games and all their bonus features are back in my list again and downloading!

Any ideas?
Hi any feedback on my problem yet as it is still happening?
EvoluZion3: Hi any feedback on my problem yet as it is still happening?
This issue has been fixed. We will release the new version of the GOG Downloader on Monday / Tuesday.
I found a bug just now.

If you scroll down on the list so that the top game is not visible, but its extras are, then delete the extras, you can no longer scroll back up to view the top game. At first I thought I had accidentally deleted the game from the list too, but the file size in Explorer kept growing so it was clearly still downloading (and nothing else on the list was).

Example:

- I have Theme Hospital at the top of the list, followed by the Theme Hospital extra content, then the Witcher 2 and its extra content.
- I deleted one item from the Witcher's download list (trying to move its soundtrack up to second place after the Theme Hospital installer). This caused the list to scroll down so that the Witcher's game installer was at the top of the window (but the scroll bar still allowed me to scroll up to view the Theme Hospital files).
- I then deleted a few more things, and scrolled up a little to delete the two Theme Hospital extra items, but I only scrolled up enough to view them, I couldn't see the installer right at the top of the list.
- After this, the whole of the Theme Hospital entry seemed to vanish, but as I said kept downloading.

I've not yet reproduced the issue (it is a little hard to do so without buying more games with long lists of extras after a game with a short list of extras). I did also report this through the log report system, so I hope this helps.
hellohi: I found a bug just now.

If you scroll down on the list so that the top game is not visible, but its extras are, then delete the extras, you can no longer scroll back up to view the top game. At first I thought I had accidentally deleted the game from the list too, but the file size in Explorer kept growing so it was clearly still downloading (and nothing else on the list was).

Example:

- I have Theme Hospital at the top of the list, followed by the Theme Hospital extra content, then the Witcher 2 and its extra content.
- I deleted one item from the Witcher's download list (trying to move its soundtrack up to second place after the Theme Hospital installer). This caused the list to scroll down so that the Witcher's game installer was at the top of the window (but the scroll bar still allowed me to scroll up to view the Theme Hospital files).
- I then deleted a few more things, and scrolled up a little to delete the two Theme Hospital extra items, but I only scrolled up enough to view them, I couldn't see the installer right at the top of the list.
- After this, the whole of the Theme Hospital entry seemed to vanish, but as I said kept downloading.

I've not yet reproduced the issue (it is a little hard to do so without buying more games with long lists of extras after a game with a short list of extras). I did also report this through the log report system, so I hope this helps.
Are we talking about Windows or Mac version?
Windows
hellohi: Windows
I am checking this now. I've followed your description in your earlier post, but I can not reproduce it. I will check a few more things and back to you if I find something.