It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
chibizoid: "MAC DOWNLOADER PROBLEM: FREQUENT PAUSES AND BEACHBALLING.
I'll try to reproduce this at my machine nevertheless, probably it is already fixed at my local build.

neosapian: when I pause a download it freezes the whole program and I have to unload it. Also there needs to be a way to clear the cache if you want to begin again.
Which OS are you using?
Post edited September 24, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
chibizoid: "MAC DOWNLOADER PROBLEM: FREQUENT PAUSES AND BEACHBALLING.
Fallen_Zen: I'll try to reproduce this at my machine nevertheless, probably it is already fixed at my local build.

neosapian: when I pause a download it freezes the whole program and I have to unload it. Also there needs to be a way to clear the cache if you want to begin again.
Fallen_Zen: Which OS are you using?
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
Could you delete everything from the %localappdata%\GOG.com directory ? It will clear your download list (current downloads will be removed, so you will have to add them again). I've checked your log file and there are many pending downloads queued.
Szulak: Could you please run Windows Update and check if it solve problem?
lemmer: That absolutely did seem to solve it. Thank you!
I had the same problem. Windows 7 64-bit with all the latest updates and .NET 4.5. Unfortunately I got stuck just right at the start with following error (according to Event Viewer):

<Event xmlns="[url=http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">]http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">[/url];
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-09-25T22:50:06.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>146993</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>grocalpc</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>GOG.com Downloader.exe</Data>
<Data>3.5.8.0</Data>
<Data>51c9b310</Data>
<Data>mscorwks.dll</Data>
<Data>2.0.50727.5472</Data>
<Data>5174ddb3</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>00000000001476e2</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Nothing worked. Until I googled out 2.0.50727.5472 which was version number of files replaced with certain "Windows Update fix". KB2833946 to be exact. I've uninstalled this fix and.. GOG.com Downloader fired up without hassle.

Conclusion? GOG.com Downloader is incompatible with KB2933946 security patch and 2.0.50727.5472 .NET files. At least for me. Please check it if you can.
Post edited September 25, 2013 by grocal
grocal: I had the same problem. Windows 7 64-bit with all the latest updates and .NET 4.5.
GOG Downloader runs on .NET 3.5, so make sure you have it installed.
Fallen_Zen: GOG Downloader runs on .NET 3.5, so make sure you have it installed.
Dzięki ;) Thanks for your reply.

It's Windows 7 64-bit. .NET 3.5.1 with patches is part of OS. It is installed.
http://i.imgur.com/jXw2qYl.png

KB2833946 Windows update patch is for 3.5.1 version. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2833946 Please remember, that 3.5 are suppose to be backwards compatible with previous .NET versions that's why this patch changes files from 2.0. And even if you write applications based on 3.5 architecture it still calls previous versions due to compatibility (for example you are using typical function/library which was present since 1.0).

It is the patch for 3.5.1 that changed 2.0 libraries which made "GoG.com Downloader" unable to start throwing access violation error (c0000005). I wish I could debug this exception but I don't have any JIT debbuger on board.

EDIT
Installing KB2833946 "by hand" not via Windows Update fixed the problem. I've tried to unistall/install this patch via WU and it always lead me to crashing GoG.com Downloader. When I decided to install it via standalone .exe patch - it worked! Case closed (at least for me).
TNX!
Post edited September 26, 2013 by grocal
grocal: EDIT
Installing KB2833946 "by hand" not via Windows Update fixed the problem. I've tried to unistall/install this patch via WU and it always lead me to crashing GoG.com Downloader. When I decided to install it via standalone .exe patch - it worked! Case closed (at least for me).
TNX!
Glad it did the trick for you. Unfortunately .NET can be annoying sometimes. Dzięki :)
Post edited September 26, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
A casual search didn't help, so I'm posting here, hope someone can help.

It has been quite a while since I used GOG downloader before I decided to redownload one of my games. I added it to the downloader, which wanted to update itself, and it did just that. I didn't have enough space at the default download location, so I changed it to another drive.
My problems started after that: Massive slowdown. Even if I terminated every non-essential process on my computer, (it's a PC) the it was so slow that it couldn't handle Ctrl+Alt+Del. I had to press the reset button to get it working again.
Also, this happened quite a bit after I started downloading. I got about 40% before the slowdown, but after that, even if I restarted the computer before starting the downloader again, the slowdown started immediately.

Does anyone know what may cause this?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I downloaded another game and there was no problem. I do not know what changed.
Post edited September 26, 2013 by exerron
exerron: A casual search didn't help, so I'm posting here, hope someone can help.

It has been quite a while since I used GOG downloader before I decided to redownload one of my games. I added it to the downloader, which wanted to update itself, and it did just that. I didn't have enough space at the default download location, so I changed it to another drive.
My problems started after that: Massive slowdown. Even if I terminated every non-essential process on my computer, (it's a PC) the it was so slow that it couldn't handle Ctrl+Alt+Del. I had to press the reset button to get it working again.
Also, this happened quite a bit after I started downloading. I got about 40% before the slowdown, but after that, even if I restarted the computer before starting the downloader again, the slowdown started immediately.

Does anyone know what may cause this?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I downloaded another game and there was no problem. I do not know what changed.
Some users reported that an antivirus software may interfere with the Downloader (resulting in higher CPU usage). If you have any, try disabling it while downloading.
Szulak: Could you delete everything from the %localappdata%\GOG.com directory ? It will clear your download list (current downloads will be removed, so you will have to add them again). I've checked your log file and there are many pending downloads queued.
sorry about the delay in responding, my PC was having troubles. I deleted everything from the GOG.com directory but the items were still continually attempting to download from the que. So I went offline and right clicked on each one to remove them from the list. The list is clear. Thanks,
Now I have a question that is somewhat unrelated, why is the GOG.com downloader icon on the lower right of my screen red instead of green when I am downloading?
neosapian: Now I have a question that is somewhat unrelated, why is the GOG.com downloader icon on the lower right of my screen red instead of green when I am downloading?
A red icon means you have a notification. Either a reply, a new message, or an updated game.
neosapian: Now I have a question that is somewhat unrelated, why is the GOG.com downloader icon on the lower right of my screen red instead of green when I am downloading?
JMich: A red icon means you have a notification. Either a reply, a new message, or an updated game.
thanks, glad I got it all cleared up.
For some reason, on my MacBook Pro the downloader won't work for me, I've installed it and when I try to download a game via the GOG downloader nothing happens so I have to do it the old fashioned way... odd... I'm almost positive that I've installed the downloader to the mac but it won't work...
the_atm: For some reason, on my MacBook Pro the downloader won't work for me, I've installed it and when I try to download a game via the GOG downloader nothing happens so I have to do it the old fashioned way... odd... I'm almost positive that I've installed the downloader to the mac but it won't work...
What do you mean by "nothing happens"? This doesn't help a lot. Can you provide me with a GOG.log file located at ~/Library/Logs/GOG.log? Thanks!
Hello.

I have a problem,first my client would at random points just crash but i could reboot it and continue on with my day, but now after restarting my computer and having one of the fun window's updates my GoG client just does not work at all, it flat out refuses to even start. i've tryed re-installing it but no change.

anything i can do to fix this?