It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
JMich: No idea unfortunately. You will have to wait for Szulak or Fallen_Zen for any more ideas. The logger.log should provide some insight, but it is usually to large to paste here, so a service like pastebin.com is suggested.
The downloader should also have the option of sending it to the team, but not sure if it requires you to login before sending it or not.
Okay! Thanks for all your help! :)
Just started here, not sure I am doing things right, but I have just purchased a game and got the GOG downloader, but it seems stuck on connecting after I log in on it. Any suggestions?
У меня такая же проблема с GOG.com Downloader. Всё время connectning...

I have the same problem with the GOG.com Downloader. All the time connectning ...
phasedrake: Just started here, not sure I am doing things right, but I have just purchased a game and got the GOG downloader, but it seems stuck on connecting after I log in on it. Any suggestions?
The downloader is currently broken, so you have to download manually or wait for a fix by the developers. But I would not expect this to be fixed before tomorrow, since they are based in Poland where it's already 7:30 pm
Post edited August 05, 2013 by bratmaxe
phasedrake: Just started here, not sure I am doing things right, but I have just purchased a game and got the GOG downloader, but it seems stuck on connecting after I log in on it. Any suggestions?
bratmaxe: The downloader is currently broken, so you have to download manually or wait for a fix by the developers. But I would not expect this to be fixed before tomorrow, since they are based in Poland where it's already 7:30 pm
The Downloader isn't broken, since we didn't change anything, nor updated it to newer version. We had some changes in our website which probably are causing these errors. It will probably be fixed tomorrow. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Thanks for giving us an update. At least we now know it isn't broken, and or computers aren't either lol. I will wait patiently for a fix. Thank you for listening to us.
edgecastcdn.net is broken (404), in the faq it says that the downloader needs that page, so we just have to wait =)

wops, just saw internet history, it never worked D=
Post edited August 05, 2013 by falco
Hi.

Is there some information, when today the servers are on again? Or is there something wrong with my downloader, because it still doesnt work.
Post edited August 06, 2013 by dessoul
dessoul: Hi.

Is there some information, when today the servers are on again? Or is there something wrong with my downloader, because it still doesnt work.
There is everything fine with both GOG Downloaders. As I previously stated, there was an update on the website which is causing these issues. We must wait patiently for the guys from web dev to fix it.
Szulak: There is everything fine with both GOG Downloaders. As I previously stated, there was an update on the website which is causing these issues. We must wait patiently for the guys from web dev to fix it.
I am able to connect and download with the Downloader (tried with Dragonsphere, all works fine) but attempting to download Dragon Commander (either the installer or the extras) result in the downloader crashing. Both logs already sent.
Is it possible that it is because of the links?
Installer: gogdownloader://divinity_dragon_commander_imperial_edition/installer_win_en
Extras: gogdownloader://divinity_dragon_commander_imperial_edition/21933,divinity_dragon_commander_imperial_edition/21 943,divinity_dragon_commander_imperial_edition/21953

I know I have downloaded the extras succesfully before, but that was before the upgrade to imperial edition. Time to see if that works or not.

Edit: Tried removing _imperial_edition from the link, downloader still crashes. Happy to try downloading more files to assist with troubleshooting.
Post edited August 06, 2013 by JMich
JMich: I am able to connect and download with the Downloader (tried with Dragonsphere, all works fine) but attempting to download Dragon Commander (either the installer or the extras) result in the downloader crashing. Both logs already sent.
Is it possible that it is because of the links?
Installer: gogdownloader://divinity_dragon_commander_imperial_edition/installer_win_en
Extras: gogdownloader://divinity_dragon_commander_imperial_edition/21933,divinity_dragon_commander_imperial_edition/21 943,divinity_dragon_commander_imperial_edition/21953

I know I have downloaded the extras succesfully before, but that was before the upgrade to imperial edition. Time to see if that works or not.

Edit: Tried removing _imperial_edition from the link, downloader still crashes. Happy to try downloading more files to assist with troubleshooting.
I've tried to download the Dragon Commander, and it successfully has been added to the queue and the download started, but there is something wrong (the download size was about 3 mb~). Anyway, extras has been downloaded.
Szulak: I've tried to download the Dragon Commander, and it successfully has been added to the queue and the download started, but there is something wrong (the download size was about 3 mb~). Anyway, extras has been downloaded.
Tried downloading the extras again, got the same crash. The debug prompt gives an unhandled exception ('System.ArgumentNullException'). It seems to have to do with the CDN returning a 403, probably because neither Imperial Edition nor the normal edition is (currently) seen as owned. Report after crash sent.
Yep, I just tried to download Dragon Commander, got a "cannot fetch data" with GOG Downloader, and a 403 error when I tried downloading through my browser
I'm still caught in the connecting loop. This is sad, because I want to download it while I'm at work so I can play Dragon Commander in the evening! :-(
blackgate456: I'm still caught in the connecting loop. This is sad, because I want to download it while I'm at work so I can play Dragon Commander in the evening! :-(
Yeah, same here.