It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Fosterinn: I move the files from the download folder into another location on my computer once the downloads are complete. So this how I know that it redownloading the files and not just verifying them.
JMich: I assume you are not pressing "Clear completed" in the downloader? Can't recall encountering this problem, though I prefer to not view any of the completed downloads in the downloader. It should be more or less equivalent to clearing the cache though.
I do press "Clear Completed" after I download and move the files so they do not stay in the log and the downloader.
Fosterinn: I do press "Clear Completed" after I download and move the files so they do not stay in the log and the downloader.
No idea then :( I did spend most of the week downloading stuff and I didn't encounter said problem. Maybe Szulak or Fallen_Zen can help you better then :(
Fosterinn: I am using Windows 7 64 bit and my Downloader is 3.5.8.0. The issue that I have is that whenever I download something new and then restart the downloader (e.g. restart the computer) it downloads the same files again.
I'm guessing with "restart the computer" you have the downloader set to start with windows.
Downloader Settings > General Settings > Start Downloader on Windows Startup <- uncheck and see if the problem persists.
Fosterinn: I am using Windows 7 64 bit and my Downloader is 3.5.8.0. The issue that I have is that whenever I download something new and then restart the downloader (e.g. restart the computer) it downloads the same files again.
DarkR1der: I'm guessing with "restart the computer" you have the downloader set to start with windows.
Downloader Settings > General Settings > Start Downloader on Windows Startup <- uncheck and see if the problem persists.
Tried this and it does not happen again. Thanks!
Post edited July 27, 2013 by Fosterinn
Whenever i click the download button for a game nothing happens
The page for the downloader says it should inform me of updates to my games. It does not do this for me. How do I know if the installation files on my HDD are the most recent? How do I know if a game has been updated since I downloaded?
HeDanny: The page for the downloader says it should inform me of updates to my games. It does not do this for me. How do I know if the installation files on my HDD are the most recent? How do I know if a game has been updated since I downloaded?
It doesn't actually. If you see the image of the downloader on top, it says "5 NEW 3 games updated 1 message 1 forum reply", which is more or less the notifications you get on the top bar. Other than that, only way to check is by trying to download the game again, and see if it downloads or just checks it.

Would love a "verify files" option for the downloader, but it's still not here :(
I have noticed that same issue happens still even when I wait to open the installer after Windows loads.
Any suggestions on how to resolve it. My problem is: I am using Windows 7 64 bit and my Downloader is 3.5.8.0. The issue that I have is that whenever I download something new and then restart the downloader it downloads the same files again. The only time it does not happen is when I clear the cache.
I'm having the same issue, though it's not redownloading them. Every time I add a new file it verifies all the old downloads. I clear them after they verify, but they come back every time I add a new game. How can I prevent them from reappearing every time?
My downloader doesn't even run. It was acting unstable before so I reinstalled it, and now it won't even start.
I jut purchases 3 games and wen to go play the. The downloader is not working at all.
nathan816: I jut purchases 3 games and wen to go play the. The downloader is not working at all.
What do you mean it is not working? Any more details?
CthuluIsSpy: My downloader doesn't even run. It was acting unstable before so I reinstalled it, and now it won't even start.
Have you got all of the windows updates installed? Recently, Microsoft has updated .NET Framework 3.5 (which is used by the GOG Downloader).
CthuluIsSpy: My downloader doesn't even run. It was acting unstable before so I reinstalled it, and now it won't even start.
Szulak: Have you got all of the windows updates installed? Recently, Microsoft has updated .NET Framework 3.5 (which is used by the GOG Downloader).
I'm now also having trouble with the downloader. Yesterday I was able to download some manuals to read but now it's asking me to login to the downloader and then the software doesn't progress further. The message at the bottom says 'Connecting...' but it doesn't seem to connect. I have correctly typed in my loginId/password many times (before you ask) and I am also missing no updates from Windows (I checked in fact for that 3.5 NET update that you queried and U have that already installed) so I am at a loss.

Any suggestions please?

Teraka
Attachments:
ss.jpg (101 Kb)
Szulak: Have you got all of the windows updates installed? Recently, Microsoft has updated .NET Framework 3.5 (which is used by the GOG Downloader).
Teraka: I'm now also having trouble with the downloader. Yesterday I was able to download some manuals to read but now it's asking me to login to the downloader and then the software doesn't progress further. The message at the bottom says 'Connecting...' but it doesn't seem to connect. I have correctly typed in my loginId/password many times (before you ask) and I am also missing no updates from Windows (I checked in fact for that 3.5 NET update that you queried and U have that already installed) so I am at a loss.

Any suggestions please?

Teraka
Could you please reinstall the GOG Downloader?