It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
sephiroth83: damn, problem partly solved. I found an old version (3.3.5) of GOG downloader on google, installed it, then it required an update to launch. When updated, the downloader launched and connected. I checked the current version, it's 3.5.6 beta.
JudasIscariot: Try this link:

http://www.gog.com/downloader
don't you think I have already tried this version? Since update 3.5.7, downloader won't fucking connect, I have to direct download from the browser. Last solution I found (with 3.3.5 version) no longer works,
The downloader has stopped working at all, the app wont even launch.
Post edited July 01, 2013 by bill280
bill280: The downloader has stopped working at all, the app wont even launch.
Could you tell us at least which one? You're on Windows or a Mac?
ok, here's my temporary solution to my problem.
I install version 3.3.5. When I launch it, it requires update. After updating (3.5.6.0 beta), it works fine. After about 30 minutes, the downloader stops working, i.e. games stop downloading. I have to uninstall the downloader, reboot my computer, delete .exe file, and start over from beginning. It's very very very annoying.

edit: I forgot to mention the fact that when downloader stops working, it can't be closed, and in the Windows task manager, GOG.com Downloader can't be terminated.
Post edited July 02, 2013 by sephiroth83
sephiroth83: ok, here's my temporary solution to my problem.
I install version 3.3.5. When I launch it, it requires update. After updating (3.5.6.0 beta), it works fine. After about 30 minutes, the downloader stops working, i.e. games stop downloading. I have to uninstall the downloader, reboot my computer, delete .exe file, and start over from beginning. It's very very very annoying.
Could you send me (or upload to the pastebin.com) a log file after the downloader crash?

I suppose it's a windows version, so could you also send me (or upload to the pastebin.com) a log file? Moreover, does the GOG Downloader was work before?
Szulak: Could you send me (or upload to the pastebin.com) a log file after the downloader crash?

Szulak: I suppose it's a windows version, so could you also send me (or upload to the pastebin.com) a log file? Moreover, does the GOG Downloader was working before?

edit: I forgot to mention the fact that when downloader stops working, it can't be closed, and in the Windows task manager, GOG.com Downloader can't be terminated.
We'll do everything to make it working for you, probably something is blocking the downloader, nevertheless we must first locate the cause of the problem.
Post edited July 02, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
I have the problem that when i login into the downloader it crashes instantly. It worked for me till the version 3.5.2. In this period of time a .net Framework update happened and as i can see in the logfile the component or assably of .net framework System.web could not be found. But it is there für 32 bits and 64 bits Windows version. My guess is the update for .net Framework 3.5.
Szulak: Could you send me (or upload to the pastebin.com) a log file after the downloader crash?

Szulak: I suppose it's a windows version, so could you also send me (or upload to the pastebin.com) a log file? Moreover, does the GOG Downloader was work before?
there's nothing I can send you, as the downloader doesn't actually crash, it simply stops all current downloads, and the app won't respond. But the window remains open, so does the icon in the notification area (bottom right, close to the clock). I tried to install 3.5.8, and I still have the same problem as before (see attached picture).
Attachments:
sephiroth83: ...
Haven't you got a logger.log file in the %appdata%\GOG.com path?
Fallen_Zen: Could you tell us at least which one? You're on Windows or a Mac?
Sorry for the lack of info in my post, was half a sleep when i posted :P

I am using the windows version (OS windows 7 64-bit). I have tried re-installing, starting in administrator mode, starting a download from the website and none of that worked in getting the downloader to start at all.

Edit*

I got the downloader working, it seems the settings in the user file in the appdata folder was deleted. I copied the setting from an older version and pasted into the current versions user settings.
Post edited July 03, 2013 by bill280
I posted about this a while ago and got no response, that i can tell. It seems other people are having similar issues but I haven't seen a solution going back a few pages in this thread.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Latest downloader version. When I try to start up the downloader, either by clicking a download link or manually starting the program, it fails to launch and gives a crash error report saying the program stopped working. No log file is created when this happens. I've tried uninstalling the program, completely wiping any trace of it from my registry and computer, etc. and still have the same results on a fresh install. The downloader worked for me before, I assume with an older version of it, but this one I just can't get to work and it's really annoying to download games without it.
I believe I fixed the issue myself, and may be a solution to others having the same issue. I ran windows updated to see if there were any updates for .NET frameworks. Saw a few, downloaded and installed them all and now the downloader is launching fine (about to try downloading through it now.)

Hope it can help someone else.
Tried searching through forums but did not see a similar post. Will there be a "Auto-shutdown after downloads complete" feature in future versions of the downloader?
Riekman: Tried searching through forums but did not see a similar post. Will there be a "Auto-shutdown after downloads complete" feature in future versions of the downloader?
I will forward your suggestion, thank you.

Congrolios: I believe I fixed the issue myself, and may be a solution to others having the same issue. I ran windows updated to see if there were any updates for .NET frameworks. Saw a few, downloaded and installed them all and now the downloader is launching fine (about to try downloading through it now.)

Hope it can help someone else.
Which Windows version have you got (XP / 7 / 8) ?
I was just using the downloader the other day, and I had left it to run (I have a VERY slow internet connection), but then Windows rebooted because of updates and I lost my download progress (it had been at like 95%). Is there any way to resume downloads that are stopped like that?