It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Still running into the following even with the latest installer. Running Windows 8. The downloader does not run or display a window at all.

CPU with 4 core(s) found:
CPU0: 3093 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
CPU1: 3093 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
CPU2: 3093 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
CPU3: 3093 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Memory: 8544772096
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Language: English (United States)
Drive C:\ has 254016380928 bytes available
Drive G:\ has 3325495541760 bytes available
Drive H:\ has 1171425239040 bytes available
Drive I:\ has 1171425239040 bytes available
Drive N:\ has 249577127936 bytes available
Drive O:\ has 249577127936 bytes available
UNHANDLED ERROR!

Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.DriveInfo.get_TotalFreeSpace()
at SingleInstanceApplication.WpfApp.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
Inner exception:

Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.DriveInfo.get_TotalFreeSpace()
at SingleInstanceApplication.WpfApp.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.TranslateAndDispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at SingleInstanceApplication.SingleInstanceApplicationWrapper.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
Inner exception:
Hi Mac comunity!, Stefanm!?

Just two (and i mean really two) words with regard to the new downloader for mac update + the problem we had downloading REDkit archive from the "The Witcher 2" content pack .... IT WORKS!. Downloaded few minutes ago without any problem. Opened with Entropy unarchiver and check if there was some problem unarchiving it ... NO PROBLEM AT ALL!.

So, if you want further tests you just tell me here or by PM!
Thanks GOG for your customers support! Greeeaaat! :-)

EDIT: forget something ... System used: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (i can check it also in 10.8.3 if you want)
Post edited June 26, 2013 by pathfinder
pathfinder: Hi Mac comunity!, Stefanm!?

Just two (and i mean really two) words with regard to the new downloader for mac update + the problem we had downloading REDkit archive from the "The Witcher 2" content pack .... IT WORKS!. Downloaded few minutes ago without any problem. Opened with Entropy unarchiver and check if there was some problem unarchiving it ... NO PROBLEM AT ALL!.

So, if you want further tests you just tell me here or by PM!
Thanks GOG for your customers support! Greeeaaat! :-)

EDIT: forget something ... System used: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (i can check it also in 10.8.3 if you want)
Yes, it should be working now, if you had any problems with downloading the RedKit, please update the Downloader (435 release) and add it to the queue again. Thank you and Stefan for helping test the app.
Post edited June 27, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Szulak: We didn't change anything in the installer script. Could you please send me or upload to the pastebin.com a log file from the %appdata%\GOG.com?
the_oswald: I'm having a similar problem where I install it successfully, and when I run it, it appears in the task bar then disappears.

I've attempted to run as administrator as well.

I am on Win7 64 bit.
I'm having the same problem.
damn, problem partly solved. I found an old version (3.3.5) of GOG downloader on google, installed it, then it required an update to launch. When updated, the downloader launched and connected. I checked the current version, it's 3.5.6 beta.
sephiroth83: damn, problem partly solved. I found an old version (3.3.5) of GOG downloader on google, installed it, then it required an update to launch. When updated, the downloader launched and connected. I checked the current version, it's 3.5.6 beta.
Try this link:

http://www.gog.com/downloader
I received today's update. I downloaded a few files after, but upon completion of one of the bonus materials the downloader froze itself and my system. It took awhile to get control and be able to open Task Manager. The downloader was consuming memory at a rapid rate, nearly taking up 2 GB of RAM. As this was happening I kept trying to "end process" but the memory leak continued.

Anyway, finally was able to close it and everything's fine, but just thought to give a heads up.
358 stable is the current one for dowlaod and yet it still will not get me my games Gog wtf honestly I boguht the games but now I have now way of getting them.
Shadowfox-1: 358 stable is the current one for dowlaod and yet it still will not get me my games Gog wtf honestly I boguht the games but now I have now way of getting them.
If you switch the "Downloader made" to off, you can download through your browser. Thus you should be able to get your games even if the downloader doesn't work for you.
Shadowfox-1: 358 stable is the current one for dowlaod and yet it still will not get me my games Gog wtf honestly I boguht the games but now I have now way of getting them.
From the log file you sent us on Wednesday I see, that you have downloaded some games successfully.

EDIT:
Here is a detailed guide how to assign the GOG Downloader to the most common browsers:
http://www.gog.com/support/support_view/registering_the_gog_downloader_in_common_browsers
Post edited June 28, 2013 by Szulak
I don't know if it's just me, but with new downloader, my PC really slows down during downloads. It's not the CPU strain, because it's fairly low. But when I pause the download, everything IMMEDIATELY starts to work just fine.

I don't have that symptoms with downloading anything else, only by using GOG downloader.

Windows XP
keeveek: I don't know if it's just me, but with new downloader, my PC really slows down during downloads. It's not the CPU strain, because it's fairly low. But when I pause the download, everything IMMEDIATELY starts to work just fine.

I don't have that symptoms with downloading anything else, only by using GOG downloader.

Windows XP
Well hello again ;)

Could you post a screenshot from the task manager? We'd like to see how much of the memory and CPU the Downloader uses. Or is it hard drive related? Huge activity?
Fallen_Zen: Could you post a screenshot from the task manager? We'd like to see how much of the memory and CPU the Downloader uses. Or is it hard drive related? Huge activity?
I will upload the screen soon.

I know what causes it directly. When I schedule only 1 download, everything goes fine. When I add second download, and it says it's "Initializing...", everything freezes every few seconds.

It even crashed the downloader once.

It can't be HDD related, because downloading on the same drive and partition on steam or via browser doesn't cause those symptoms

I sent the crash report via downloader also

btw. from the screen it seems it IS the CPU.. strain. shit, and it might be somehow related to Panda Cloud antivirus...
Attachments:
Post edited June 28, 2013 by keeveek
keeveek: I will upload the screen soon.

I know what causes it directly. When I schedule only 1 download, everything goes fine. When I add second download, and it says it's "Initializing...", everything freezes every few seconds.

It even crashed the downloader once.

It can't be HDD related, because downloading on the same drive and partition on steam or via browser doesn't cause those symptoms

I sent the crash report via downloader also

btw. from the screen it seems it IS the CPU.. strain. shit, and it might be somehow related to Panda Cloud antivirus...
During the initialisation process the Downloader does only a few requests to our API to get the game's details and creates files and folders for the download. Maybe this is where you antivirus comes in, as the process shouldn't cause so much work for the CPU.
Fallen_Zen: During the initialisation process the Downloader does only a few requests to our API to get the game's details and creates files and folders for the download. Maybe this is where you antivirus comes in, as the process shouldn't cause so much work for the CPU.
Yeah, it is antivirus related. When I disabled it, it runs like a charm. I will add GOG downloads folder to exceptions list.

Thanks for your assistance!