We’re proud to introduce our new GOG.com Downloader. We’re releasing it in two versions: the current stable release 3.0 (http://www.gog.com/downloader
), and a beta
version 3.1, which sports one of many new features to come - the "universal queue". This and many new coming features will be revealed and tested through beta releases.
This new feature allows you to add games and bonus content to the queue from any device connected to the Internet thanks to Push technology, as long as the beta release of the Downloader is running on, for example, your home PC with Windows XP or higher.
There are three steps you have to take in order to try out our beta versions of the "My account" section and the Downloader:
1) Go to http://www.gog.com/account/beta
and enable the beta version of the "My account" section ,
2) Download the beta release of our new Downloader from our forum here: http://static.gog.com/download/d3/beta/Setup_Downloader_3.1.2b.exe
3) Now, from any device that has a browser and Internet connection, go to your "My games" section (http://www.gog.com/account
), click on the desired game on your shelf, switch the GOG.com Downloader mode to ‘ON’ (without it, the content will be downloaded through your browser, instead of the Downloader).
Now you can initiate the download of the game, as well as the bonus content, through the GOG.com Cloud, just by clicking on the buttons below.
The above steps are one time only and give you access to future Beta releases.
We encourage everyone to test-drive (but be aware there can be bugs, problems etc.).
This is just the beginning of the new things coming to the Downloader and "My Account" section of GOG.com, so stay tuned for further news and updates.
Any feedback, suggestions and bug reports are more than welcome.
In case you encounter any issues you can always downgrade to the stable release of the Downloader.
Here are the necessary steps you need to take:
1) Open the Control Panel and go to "Add/Remove Programs" (on Windows XP) or "Programs and Features" (on Vista or 7),
2) Find the GOG.com Downloader on the list and uninstall it - this should completely remove the beta release. Be sure to close the Downloader before trying to uninstall.
4) Go to http://www.gog.com/downloader
, download the current version and install it,
5) Go to http://www.gog.com/account/beta
, switch the slider to the "OFF" position.