It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
psadler: Well I disabled the firewall, antivirus and turned on silent mode but all to no avail. I also added http://www.edgecast.com/ to firefox exceptions.

:(

I added wpc.11df.edgecastcdn.net too and I even tried IE instead of FF but no.

Turned of all the background tasks too (only had a few). Strange that every other place is fine but GOG.
What about downloading the game by web browser? Does the download speed is so low there too?
I tried both FF and IE but no luck for me.
Hey i have problem with Witcher EE i download all parts manual, and 2 of them is crashed bin 3,5 anyone please repeair this ?.
airandill: Hey i have problem with Witcher EE i download all parts manual, and 2 of them is crashed bin 3,5 anyone please repeair this ?.
what do you mean by crashed ? time out ? or the data stop to be downloaded.

i download games through the browser aswell , time to time i got a time out or the d/l speed is so low.. / but i get less issues than the gogdownloader itselt

since u can't resume via the browser , u need to restart to d/l the file or use a 3rd party downloader manager

someone mentioned this 3rd party downloader manager : Down Them All working with gog servers.

so if u get an error with this tool , i guess u need to write to the support , only them can help you.
Post edited April 12, 2013 by DyNaer
airandill: Hey i have problem with Witcher EE i download all parts manual, and 2 of them is crashed bin 3,5 anyone please repeair this ?.
DyNaer: what do you mean by crashed ? time out ? or the data stop to be downloaded.

i download games through the browser aswell , time to time i got a time out or the d/l speed is so low.. / but i get less issues than the gogdownloader itselt

since u can't resume via the browser , u need to restart to d/l the file or use a 3rd party downloader manager

someone mentioned this 3rd party downloader manager : Down Them All working with gog servers.

so if u get an error with this tool , i guess u need to write to the support , only them can help you.
When i start the insttalation write the 2 files is crashed
low rated
DyNaer: what do you mean by crashed ? time out ? or the data stop to be downloaded.

airandill: When i start the insttalation write the 2 files is crashed
u mean during the installation procedure ?

normaly an integrity check is done, (except if you refuse the integrity check)

if the installation crash t's probably due to incomplete or corrupted files (those you speak of). , if so you need to redownload them.

now if it's when u try to download those file , mmm, i don't know, it's work for me (at least they start to download properly)

if the problem persists , i don't know, u should contact the support.
Post edited April 13, 2013 by DyNaer
airandill: When i start the insttalation write the 2 files is crashed
DyNaer: u mean during the installation procedure ?

if the installation crash t's probably due to incomplete or corrupted files (those you speak of). , if so you need to redownload them.

now if it's when u try to download those file , mmm, i don't know, it's work for me (at least they start to download properly)

Yes during the progress of instalation 2 bin files is chrashed and what can i do i dont know who reper this files
low rated
DyNaer: u mean during the installation procedure ?

airandill: Yes during the progress of instalation 2 bin files is chrashed and what can i do i dont know who reper this files
u can't repair the files , they are somewhat broken , unusable. as i said above, u need to redownlad those ones unfortunatly.

it happends to me too time to time (hopefully not very often), i need to restart the download from 0% , resume fonction isn't supported (only through the downloader, but sometimes it bugs)
airandill: Yes during the progress of instalation 2 bin files is chrashed and what can i do i dont know who reper this files
DyNaer: u can't repair the files , they are somewhat broken , unusable. as i said above, u need to redownlad those ones unfortunatly.

it happends to me too time to time (hopefully not very often), i need to restart the download from 0% , resume fonction isn't supported (only through the downloader, but sometimes it bugs)
And who can repair this files anyone know ?.
low rated
DyNaer: u can't repair the files , they are somewhat broken , unusable. as i said above, u need to redownlad those ones unfortunatly.

airandill: And who can repair this files anyone know ?.
as i said , just try to download the filss again , nobody will fixes the files , if in first place there's nothing to fix.

your 2 files are just good to be deleted , they don't serve any purpose.

and if really they need to be fixed (u get the same problem), contact the suppport

http://www.gog.com/support/contact/my_orders_and_payments

under the problem type pull down menu chooese : download corruption.
airandill: And who can repair this files anyone know ?.
DyNaer: as i said , just try to download the filss again , nobody will fixes the files , if in first place there's nothing to fix.

your 2 files are just good to be deleted , they serve any purpose.

and if really they need to be fixed (u get the same problem), contact the suppport

Thanks very much for help

They not repair this files you see, i must be a pirat im saad.
Post edited April 13, 2013 by airandill
Thank you for this downloader. I bought Witcher 2 through Green Man Gaming, and they limited my download speed to 4 MB/s max, 3 average. You guys let me get my full 11MB/s speed. It is very much appreciated for not limiting me :D
Post edited April 14, 2013 by BWO_Bookworm
low rated
DyNaer: as i said , just try to download the filss again , nobody will fixes the files , if in first place there's nothing to fix.

your 2 files are just good to be deleted , they serve any purpose.

airandill: Thanks very much for help

They not repair this files you see, i must be a pirat im saad.
they got an issue , check here :
http://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher/checksum_error_on_chunk_0/post13

i suggest u retry to download the game or at least the culprit files.
1. 3.4.8.0
2. Windows 8 64 bit
3. English
6. The problem appears to be that the gog.com downloader is displaying information incorrectly. For example, right now I have a download running and the downloader says it should be completed. However, it continues to download, and when I right click on the file and select properties, I can see the true file size and see that it is much smaller than the total download size, hence why it continues to download. If I download games directly from the website they download and complete just fine and I can install them. I installed a game through the downloader the other day, but I had the downloader on overnight and it seemed to be okay; the issue of it not showing as completed and continuing to download data persisted, however.

When this download truly finishes I will try installing it and see how it goes and report any issue. However, there is still the obvious problem of it not displaying its data correctly for some reason. On my PC, this being my laptop, I have no such problems.

Edit: The downloader continues to download something after the file reaches the listed size. Right now I'm downloading Might and Magic 8, a 590 MB file according to the downloader and the website. However, the size it is taking up on my disk is now closer to 750 MB and continues to rise. The downloader is still running and downloading something.

Second edit: Closing the download manager and trying to run the setup file says that the installer is corrupted and I need to redownload the files again. Downloader is just not working well for me. Additionally, I have already uninstalled and reinstalled it several time, as well as Adobe AIR, and I deleted all entries both programs had in the registry and cleaned up all additional files in AppData, Local, etc. Clueless on this one.
Post edited April 17, 2013 by Congrolios
Don't rely on the files size given on the website, sometimes it appears the file size isn't synch with the file on the
server.

Adobe Air is no more used with the current version of the downloader (i don't have it instlalled and the downloader lauch)