It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
I do have a feature request.

I'm sure there are many users which have quite a collection of GOG games (e.g. more than 150 for me). What would really be great in this case: a way to download ALL games (select if Win and/or Mac plus optionally bonus content). For this ideally the downloader should check all files and download only missing or damaged ones. Perfect would be, if the downloader also had knowledge about old obsolete setup files, so that these could be deleted automatically.
There's an issue with the installer wiping compatibility settings in windows. It still hasn't been fixed as noted in this thread:
/forum/general/issue_with_compatibility_settings/page1
(I can't post links, just put gog dot com in front of it)
I am still having, with the new version, the "download stalls at the final bit " problem............Can't GOG fix this?
dudalb: I am still having, with the new version, the "download stalls at the final bit " problem............Can't GOG fix this?
Could you post a contents of your log file? How often its happening?
Hey guys!

I have a small future request:

1. Please make it possible to show estimated download time in GOG Downloader.
2. It would be great if users could pause downloading process, completely close GOG Downloader (for example if somebody has to shutdown his computer) and after relaunching GOG Downloader continue downloading from the last point.

Big thanks :)
dudalb: I am still having, with the new version, the "download stalls at the final bit " problem............Can't GOG fix this?
Szulak: Could you post a contents of your log file? How often its happening?
The log is pretty big,sure you want me to post instead of emailing it to you.
If you want me to email it, could you give me a link or the email address you want me to send it to?

As to how often it happens it downloaded The Bard's Tale with only one problem.It did not go into the installation program when downloaded ended as I have it set up to you. Not a big problem I just went to my GOG download folder and installed from there.
BUt I had real problems with Daikatana it freezing at the end of the download and although it showed download complete gettin a corrupt file message when I tried to install. I finally gave up and downloaded it with my browser. That is OK for small files of just a couple of hundred megs, but I need a downloader for the much bigger files like The Bards Tale.
Post edited February 09, 2013 by dudalb
piwer: 2. It would be great if users could pause downloading process, completely close GOG Downloader (for example if somebody has to shutdown his computer) and after relaunching GOG Downloader continue downloading from the last point.
This one should be already in. When starting a download that part of it already exists, the downloader verifies the file's integrity and downloads only what's missing/corrupt. The problem is that it displays "downloading" instead of "checking", but if you see the speed with which it's doing it, you'll notice it.
i have a problem with gog downloader

right now i am downloading soul reaver. it is 500 something mb but the downloader has downloaded 1 gb (it shows as 1021,71 mb of 515,86 mb)

the same thing happened to me when i was downloading the witcher too. it kept downloading something after the download is apperantly finished.

i first thought that it was a filecheck of some sorts, sure it can take a while for a 10 gb something witcher but for the 500 mb soul reaver it shouldn't take that much.

the game is downloaded fine though, when i open the folder the installer is in, i can install it fine. but it just wont go away from the downloaders list.

this problem makes me unable to use gog downloader on game installers larger than couple of houndred megabytes. little things like bonus materials and such downloads fine
Post edited February 09, 2013 by Corax
Corax: but it just wont go away from the downloaders list.
Close the downloader (exit completely, not just in the tray) and reopen it. This should cause it to re-check the downloader, and mark it as complete.
If this fails, backup the installer somewhere (if you want to keep it that is), then right click on the downloader and select "remove from list". It should popup a warning that it will remove the files, click yes and remove it.

You could probably also drag and drop it lower in the queue, and when it gets to it the integrity check should trigger.
Corax: but it just wont go away from the downloaders list.
JMich: Close the downloader (exit completely, not just in the tray) and reopen it. This should cause it to re-check the downloader, and mark it as complete.
If this fails, backup the installer somewhere (if you want to keep it that is), then right click on the downloader and select "remove from list". It should popup a warning that it will remove the files, click yes and remove it.

You could probably also drag and drop it lower in the queue, and when it gets to it the integrity check should trigger.
well i tried restarting the downloader thing before but it was shown as redownloading the whole game(witcher 1 in this case) and i said bugger that i am not downloading this again. but now i think that it was probably checking integrity or something.

by the way, i wasn't aware that you can drag & drop things on the list lol
yep, i restarted the downloader but it is still the same. it shows as %100 percent but also it is shown as still downloading and it wont go away from the downloaders list.
Corax: yep, i restarted the downloader but it is still the same. it shows as %100 percent but also it is shown as still downloading and it wont go away from the downloaders list.
Are you able to run downloaded installer? Please post a content of your log file.
Corax: yep, i restarted the downloader but it is still the same. it shows as %100 percent but also it is shown as still downloading and it wont go away from the downloaders list.
Szulak: Are you able to run downloaded installer? Please post a content of your log file.
sometimes yes, i can run the installer. but as i say, sometimes.

i am on different computer right now, but i can post my log on monday
piwer: 2. It would be great if users could pause downloading process, completely close GOG Downloader (for example if somebody has to shutdown his computer) and after relaunching GOG Downloader continue downloading from the last point.
JMich: This one should be already in. When starting a download that part of it already exists, the downloader verifies the file's integrity and downloads only what's missing/corrupt. The problem is that it displays "downloading" instead of "checking", but if you see the speed with which it's doing it, you'll notice it.
Hm, I didn't notice that. Will try to check it later.
GOG guys should definitely fix this bug.
JMich: This one should be already in. When starting a download that part of it already exists, the downloader verifies the file's integrity and downloads only what's missing/corrupt. The problem is that it displays "downloading" instead of "checking", but if you see the speed with which it's doing it, you'll notice it.
piwer: Hm, I didn't notice that. Will try to check it later.
GOG guys should definitely fix this bug.
Unless you do not modify already downloaded files, the downloader will resume the download after relaunching. Are you sure it didn't happen? Keep in mind, after launching the downloader it firstly "adding" already downloaded parts and it looks like downloading - however, this process is very fast. Could you post (or upload to paste-bin like service) your log file, please?