It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Sarukar: 6. A detailed description of the problem:
The downloader crashes whenever the system sends the monitor into standby. Annoyingly after restarting the downloader it does not recognized already completed files and treats then as if missing/damaged. However when I move the files away, remove the items from the list, then move the files back and readd the items via the webpage download link, the files get checked correctly and show as already downloaded. This happens especially with bonus content and interestingly some bigger main files (but not all) do get checked correctly.
Exactly the same for me (monitor standby, etc).

My solution to the "checking" is (rather than moving the files) uninstalling gog manager, reinstalling it and the readding the games.
Same problem with Mr. Sarukar. I was downloading large files, and I left GOG downloader to run all night, predictably, whenever I opens it in the morning, it just crashed for no reason (other than monitor standby).
Mine also crashed during the night which sucks. Though the progress did start off at the same spot that it looked like it was at when it froze. (at 2.4GB of NWN2)
I don't believe that the monitor going to standby has anything to do with it. I also have been downloading NWN2 and, based on what people have been saying, adjusted my power profile so that the monitor wold not go into stand by. And the downloader still crashed.

I got around the problem in this way: whenever the downloader crashed, I wold copy what it had downloaded to another folder, relaunched the downloader, removed the NWN2 entry (although sometimes it was already gone), copied what I'd already downloaded back, re-added NWN2, and the downloader would recognize what had already been downloaded and continue from there. I was ultimately able to download the whole thing successfully.
MeddlingMonk: I don't believe that the monitor going to standby has anything to do with it. I also have been downloading NWN2 and, based on what people have been saying, adjusted my power profile so that the monitor wold not go into stand by. And the downloader still crashed.

I got around the problem in this way: whenever the downloader crashed, I wold copy what it had downloaded to another folder, relaunched the downloader, removed the NWN2 entry (although sometimes it was already gone), copied what I'd already downloaded back, re-added NWN2, and the downloader would recognize what had already been downloaded and continue from there. I was ultimately able to download the whole thing successfully.
Sorry, but I think it would be too much hassle for some people... I wouldn't mind, but it's unnecessary extra work...
Monitor going to standby has nothing to do with it, there is an internal bug, which has been already fixed. We will push the new version of GOG Downloader probably tomorrow.
Post edited January 27, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
DELETED. Sorry.
Post edited January 27, 2013 by etb
Devspar: Sorry, but I think it would be too much hassle for some people... I wouldn't mind, but it's unnecessary extra work...
Yes, a lot of extra work. But it got the job done, although it's moot now, or will be once the new version is pushed out.
Szulak: Monitor going to standby has nothing to do with it, there is an internal bug, which has been already fixed. We will push the new version of GOG Downloader probably tomorrow.
Yeah well HURRY UP I am sick of using 3.3.6.0 It's as buggy as holy hell keeps crashing when My internet shuts off periodically and redownloads files all wrong when DLing games say it's over a gig you get to 999Mb You pause it or the internet cuts out then your back at 120mb What The HELL is wrong with it.

It's getting to the Point where I'm gonna get rid of it and use my browser to Download

Any one else experience this!

and today it paused on me AND I DIDN'T TOUCH THE PAUSE BUTTON ?!?!?!
Post edited January 27, 2013 by fr33kSh0w2012
I've been trying to download all of my games to my 'new' (only working) laptop and have had the downloader update to the "latest stable version" (beta 3.3.6) and crash with alarming regularity.
Following each crash the downloader will forget what it has downloaded and will redownload things unnecessairly.
clicking the 'save settings' button in the 'settings' window seems to limit this to some extent,

I am editing the settings-js file using notepad++, and then requeing items to get completed items validated while leaving items to be downloaded/downloading intact so that qued chunks continue to download-- as described by pastebin ss6ns4a2.

My logger-log is pastebin yCdeKjVE.

edit:
lang: EN-cdn.
Post edited January 28, 2013 by Snow_Cat
@GOG.com Team

Any chance you could add a check for the filename casing when resuming?

If a filename has had it's casing changed before you perform a resume in order to check or update your files, the downloader doesn't check and rename/fix the wrong cased files. A simple letter case fix would also change the date/time stamp so you would know that all your files have been resumed/re-checked correctly.
Hail the GOG gods for the new stable GOGdownloader version. Thank you, I was SICK of the constant crashes...
Bought three new titles over the weekend (incidentally, kudos for getting us NwN2).

Launching the downloader, got an update notification. Updated, queued the purchases, kept it running in the background while I messed around in Endless Space.

Alt-tabbing after some time, I got smacked with an app crash error (program stopped responding).

Tried re-launching, error. Restarted computer, same thing. Ran out of time, decided to pick it up today.

Right now I just noticed that my entire local folder of around 100 previously-downloaded titles is... well, not. Gone, like the dolphins and Arthur Dent. The three new games got stuffed into a "My Documents" sub-folder that I neither created nor wanted there - without any user notification.

I'm pretty pissed off, to be perfectly honest. That's a crapload of re-downloading to do (and the last time I queued up a bunch of titles at once the sodding downloader kept crashing).

Also, on the lookout for the Vogon construction fleet, but that's somewhat irrelevant if still urgent.

Incidentally, call me silly but why oh why isn't there a big ass button somewhere with "Most recent version of the GOG Downloader here" on it? :P Took me a few to dig out the "/downloader" page...

Just some very indignant feedback - the downloader really, really needs some more coding love.
Lukaszmik: Bought three new titles over the weekend (incidentally, kudos for getting us NwN2).

Launching the downloader, got an update notification. Updated, queued the purchases, kept it running in the background while I messed around in Endless Space.

Alt-tabbing after some time, I got smacked with an app crash error (program stopped responding).

Tried re-launching, error. Restarted computer, same thing. Ran out of time, decided to pick it up today.

Right now I just noticed that my entire local folder of around 100 previously-downloaded titles is... well, not. Gone, like the dolphins and Arthur Dent. The three new games got stuffed into a "My Documents" sub-folder that I neither created nor wanted there - without any user notification.

I'm pretty pissed off, to be perfectly honest. That's a crapload of re-downloading to do (and the last time I queued up a bunch of titles at once the sodding downloader kept crashing).

Also, on the lookout for the Vogon construction fleet, but that's somewhat irrelevant if still urgent.

Incidentally, call me silly but why oh why isn't there a big ass button somewhere with "Most recent version of the GOG Downloader here" on it? :P Took me a few to dig out the "/downloader" page...

Just some very indignant feedback - the downloader really, really needs some more coding love.
Could you post your log file? What OS version are you using?
Sadly, I realized that I should've saved that log file right after I permanently erased the My Documents sub-folder... which shortly followed similar action performed on the Local AppData...

Completely out of clue as to what might've happened. The new installation appears to be working (ran it just once to see if it crashes on startup, that is).

Anyway, that's about all the relevant info I can provide by now:

CPU with 4 core(s) found:
CPU0: 3292 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU1: 3292 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU2: 3292 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU3: 3292 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Memory: 8559673344
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Language: English (United States)
Drive C:\ has 22658965504 bytes available
Drive D:\ has 419587895296 bytes available
Drive E:\ has 121354596352 bytes available
Drive F:\ has 87139123200 bytes available

For clarity sake, OS is Windows 7, fully updated. The relevant folders were on drive D (original archive) and F (My Documents subfolder).

If it happens again, I'll be sure to submit the log. Assuming I don't burst a vein or something :)