It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Fallen_Zen: Tried looking at the "View - > Clear completed / failed downloads" option? (CTRL+C shortcut).
Yeah, me too. However, while I'd be okay using the ctrl-c shortcut on the Mac, the fact that the Windows version has a button that does exactly what I need it to do, but the Mac version does not, is a bit strange to me.

I mean if you cannot do that on the Mac due to coding reasons, then fine, but please say so.
Downloaded the 3.3.5 stable download from the gog downloader page, but the installer can't start because it can't execute the file in the temporary directory, due to access being denied. This is on an administrator account and I've tried the "Run as Admin" thing, doesn't work.
1: 3.3.5 (stable)
2: Windows 7 Home 32 bit
3:English
4: Firefox 17.0.1

I turned on the option to use the downloader and when I click the link I get this message

Firefox can't find the file at gogdownloader://heroes_of_might_and_magic/win_installer.
Post edited January 05, 2013 by hobbes543
I'm not sure if this is answered elsewhere -- this thread is a bit long. Anyway, will it be possible in a future version of the downloader to enable the "Open Enclosing Folder" option? Right now right-clicking on a game and selecting that or clicking the magnifying glass icon just opens "My Documents" rather than the actual game download directory.
animagnum: I'm not sure if this is answered elsewhere -- this thread is a bit long. Anyway, will it be possible in a future version of the downloader to enable the "Open Enclosing Folder" option? Right now right-clicking on a game and selecting that or clicking the magnifying glass icon just opens "My Documents" rather than the actual game download directory.
It's a known bug, which will be fixed in the new version of GOG Downloader.

Shukaku: Downloaded the 3.3.5 stable download from the gog downloader page, but the installer can't start because it can't execute the file in the temporary directory, due to access being denied. This is on an administrator account and I've tried the "Run as Admin" thing, doesn't work.
Check your AV settings, it looks like AV is blocking setup file.
I know that usually people post their problem here but I just wanted to let you know that the downloader worked smoothly for me. I finally returned to my home and had around 20GB to download after the Christmas sale. One night and it's done, no problem whatsoever. Thanks a lot guys!
animagnum: I'm not sure if this is answered elsewhere -- this thread is a bit long. Anyway, will it be possible in a future version of the downloader to enable the "Open Enclosing Folder" option? Right now right-clicking on a game and selecting that or clicking the magnifying glass icon just opens "My Documents" rather than the actual game download directory.
Could you post (or upload on any pastebin like service) your log file, please? Additionally, what is the name of the game which causing such problem?

Ghorpm: I know that usually people post their problem here but I just wanted to let you know that the downloader worked smoothly for me. I finally returned to my home and had around 20GB to download after the Christmas sale. One night and it's done, no problem whatsoever. Thanks a lot guys!
We are glad to hear it :)
Ghorpm: I know that usually people post their problem here but I just wanted to let you know that the downloader worked smoothly for me. I finally returned to my home and had around 20GB to download after the Christmas sale. One night and it's done, no problem whatsoever. Thanks a lot guys!
I downloaded > 100GB with it within a few days more or less and it worked pretty well overall although occasionally it hangs on a file and wont continue. I usually hit "Pause All" then wait a few seconds and then "Resume all" and it usually starts again. If not, I exit the downloader and restart it and then it starts downloading again. It hasn't been a big issue for me though as I have fast Internet and it's not the end of the world if I have to restart it and wait a bit as I've got ample games installed already. ;) I do hope GOG figures out what the problem is some time and fixes it though. Not sure what I could do to try to help troubleshoot it though as it doesn't occur in any 100% reproducable way but is rather transient in nature.
So, I have an issue running the GOG downloader tool. A window pops open as though it's trying to start up the program, then it almost immediately changes to a window saying it's "Checking for a solution" and closes out.

I tried to get a log file, but I don't seem to have a GOG folder under AppData\Local. I've tried running it using the Compatibility Troubleshooter, but no luck there either. Any help would be appreciated.

Lang: English
GOG Version: 3.3.5, I believe

EDIT: The issue may actually be a .NET problem. Let me test something first, and then I'll edit this message to whether or not it worked.

EDIT2: Looks like that was the issue. I didn't have .NET 3.5 installed, and that was stopping it from working correctly. Sorry for the false alarm. :)
Post edited January 09, 2013 by ShadowDragoonFTW
ShadowDragoonFTW: So, I have an issue running the GOG downloader tool. A window pops open as though it's trying to start up the program, then it almost immediately changes to a window saying it's "Checking for a solution" and closes out.

I tried to get a log file, but I don't seem to have a GOG folder under AppData\Local. I've tried running it using the Compatibility Troubleshooter, but no luck there either. Any help would be appreciated.

Lang: English
GOG Version: 3.3.5, I believe

EDIT: The issue may actually be a .NET problem. Let me test something first, and then I'll edit this message to whether or not it worked.

EDIT2: Looks like that was the issue. I didn't have .NET 3.5 installed, and that was stopping it from working correctly. Sorry for the false alarm. :)
The GOG Downloader installer should install .NET 3.5 during the installation if it hasn't been detected on user computer. Is it possible that you uninstalled .NET 3.5 after installation?
Nope, not possible whatsoever. I installed fresh yesterday just to download a game, and it immediately gave me issues as soon as I started it after install. Never had it installed on this computer before that, either.
ShadowDragoonFTW: Nope, not possible whatsoever. I installed fresh yesterday just to download a game, and it immediately gave me issues as soon as I started it after install. Never had it installed on this computer before that, either.
if that could help

use this tool here : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx
to check which version(s) is / are installed on your system , and IF it's / they are cerrectly installed
Post edited January 11, 2013 by DyNaer
When can we expect a new release of the downloader to fix the final chunk bug?
Hello, I 'm having problems too. This downloader is also very heavy, costs a lot of time and computer resources to have it 100% functional.
ShadowDragoonFTW: Nope, not possible whatsoever. I installed fresh yesterday just to download a game, and it immediately gave me issues as soon as I started it after install. Never had it installed on this computer before that, either.
DyNaer: if that could help

use this tool here : [url=
to check which version(s) is / are installed on your system , and IF it's / they are cerrectly installed
As I stated earlier, I already have the problem fixed. It was an issue with .NET not being installed, which I then installed.