It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
It's not about the beta but the latest stable 3.0.25... first i think you should fix this instead releasing new features... it is full of bugs

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium

- drops null pointer exceptions every time i start and at random events
- duplicates all the items under download if i pause and restart, or at autostart when windows starts
- at windows start it says offline i had to restart in manually in order to start downlading (start when windows start feature is just useless)
- uses the whole bandwidth making browsing internet impossible (a setting must be somewhere to adjust it)

so its the worst unreliable downloader i have ever seen.. sorry guys, i love GOG but this is a crap... pls fix

Regards,
Janos
A question about the beta version:
In the latest stable one (v.3.0.25) clicking on x just minimizes the downloader to the tray.
Is it still the same in the beta version?
If yes, request to have an option to change this behavior in Settings.

Thanks
ayreon2084: It's not about the beta but the latest stable 3.0.25... first i think you should fix this instead releasing new features... it is full of bugs

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium

- drops null pointer exceptions every time i start and at random events
- duplicates all the items under download if i pause and restart, or at autostart when windows starts
- at windows start it says offline i had to restart in manually in order to start downlading (start when windows start feature is just useless)
- uses the whole bandwidth making browsing internet impossible (a setting must be somewhere to adjust it)

so its the worst unreliable downloader i have ever seen.. sorry guys, i love GOG but this is a crap... pls fix

Regards,
Janos
Sorry for all the problems. We're doing everything we can, so the next release is as stable as possible.
HypersomniacLive: A question about the beta version:
In the latest stable one (v.3.0.25) clicking on x just minimizes the downloader to the tray.
Is it still the same in the beta version?
If yes, request to have an option to change this behavior in Settings.

Thanks
I think technically this whole new Downloader system is "beta", and v3.0.25 is an older RC, if you want to equate it that way.

Has anyone else been having trouble with the Downloader just crashing with an WER message saying "GOG Downloader has stopped working"? It happens to me if I leave the Downloader paused or idle (empty list) for an hour or so. I've already sent Firek a log file and DXDiag, but I wanted to know if I'm the only one getting this.
Fuzzyfireball: Not sure if anyone else pointed this out, but Raptor doesn't download.
Maybe it was fixed meanwhile but it does downlaod for me.

Also, it is not too much to report but I had no trouble so far with 3.1.0.0 version. :-)
predcon: Has anyone else been having trouble with the Downloader just crashing with an WER message saying "GOG Downloader has stopped working"? It happens to me if I leave the Downloader paused or idle (empty list) for an hour or so. I've already sent Firek a log file and DXDiag, but I wanted to know if I'm the only one getting this.
Guys you can send all logs directly to me, Firek will just forward them to me anyway ;)
As for the crash while the app is idle, does the logger say anything about Notification_Timer or something like that? If it does, this has been resolved and will be pushed with the new release. Hopefully this week, I'm trying to push as much stable and bug free version as possible.
I tried clicking on the "debug" button to debug, but I get an error message saying I need a JIT debugger. I thought that VS 2010 would have been enough, but apparently not.
I installed it and tried to download stuff (bonus pack for legend of grimrock). It gave me errors on all four download threads. Tried again and once again. Then I uninstalled it. Thanks but no, thanks. I'm back to using my web browser.
Post edited April 11, 2012 by inc09nito
I'm getting the same thing with the LoG bonus pack, but another game works fine. Maybe something tied to the pre-release status?

3.0.25 grabbed the LoG pack fine earlier.
inc09nito: I installed it and tried to download stuff (bonus pack for legend of grimrock). It gave me errors on all four download threads. Tried again and once again. Then I uninstalled it. Thanks but no, thanks. I'm back to using my web browser.
Please re-check again, seems there was something wrong server side. Any other bonus content works and downloads?
Post edited April 11, 2012 by Fallen_Zen
jimbob0i0: Just installed the beta and using to download my three new games....

Thoughts:
1) My games are stored on a NAS. A UNC path to be able to save direct to it would be nice - worked around via a mapped network drive for now but that's technically a little clunky.
Same for me. It would be nice if I could directly save on my NAS again.
Was downloading The Witcher 2, after about 2 hours the downloader logged me out, and now I can't log back in.
Fuzzyfireball: Was downloading The Witcher 2, after about 2 hours the downloader logged me out, and now I can't log back in.
Please PM me the logger details. The Downloader only goes into offline mode, when there's connection problem.
After downloading and installing both 3.0.25 and 3.1beta, the gog.com downloader window opens, I can click the Settings button and select options and choose a download folder, but I cannot log in. The Log In (login) area at the bottom right is not clickable. I've tried uninstalling and rebooting and reinstalling as well as removing gog.com registry entries before reinstalling, all to no avail.

the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GOG.com\logger.txt has repetitions of the following:
1334212562 init started
1334212562 Requesting https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/status/beta/
1334212563 Request error response
Error code: BadGateway

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd&quot;&amp;gt;
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml&amp;quot; xml:lang="en">
<head>
<title>GOG.com</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
</head>

<body style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; background: url(http://static.gog.com/www/default/-img/body_bg.jpg) repeat-x; background-color: #d4d4d4;">
<div style="margin: 119px auto 0 auto; background: url(http://static.gog.com/www/default/-img/en/maintenance.jpg); width: 555px; height: 405px"></div>
</body>
<!--502 No healthy backends-->

</html>

App online: False
1334212563 Init ended
Unless I'm missing something very obvious, I can't login in the Downloader, either in the stable or the beta versions. I open the downloader and there doesn't seem to be a way for me to configure my login information. There's a "login" display in the lower right corner of the window but it's not clickable.