It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
EDIT2: Problem gone after a system reboot, leaving the post for reference in case someone experiences this.

Hi all, I have a curious issue with the latest GOG.com Downloader (3.2.22.0):

Downloading seems to work, but every time i visit the settings window (without even touching anything besides the cancel button), 10-30 seconds later I get an error message from explorer.exe and a subsequent crash of the process, while the GOG downloader happily continues his downloading.

Every time this happens the logger.log file gets these two innocent looking lines:

17:31:34 Worker -1 Requesting https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/user/stable/
17:31:37 Worker -1 Request https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/user/stable/ successed?:True

any ideas?

EDIT: nope, it isn't related to the settings window, it just happens regularly every 2 minutes.
Post edited November 25, 2012 by ytsejam91
ytsejam91: Every time this happens the logger.log file gets these two innocent looking lines:

17:31:34 Worker -1 Requesting https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/user/stable/
17:31:37 Worker -1 Request https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/user/stable/ successed?:True
These two innocent lines just checking if you have current GOG Downloader version installed on your PC.

oigroig: pic related,i have this problem with:

bioforge
hotline miami
pid
space colony hd
stronghold
I will forward it to appropriate people, thanks.

EDIT:
Just got an answer from support. These signs are not allowed in path:
/:*?<>|~' and depending from the game also . (dot) is not allowed.
EDIT2:
These links might be useful:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/problem_with_new_gog_installer/post6
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/deponia_2_cant_have_brackets_in_a_folders_title_you_want_to_install_it_too/post14

predcon: I've just noticed that I can't rearrange the list of pending downloads outside a game's content. By this I mean if I have a group of downloads for Blood (the installer and all bonus content), and a group of downloads for Duke Nukem 3D, I can only rearrange the downloads with in their own groups. I can't put the DN3D installer first, and then the Blood OST, and then the DN3D OST, etc.
This feature is not available at the moment, it was possible in old GOG Downoader. However, it has been changed to allow users to rearrange the downloads within their own groups.
Post edited November 26, 2012 by Szulak
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with the new downloader.
Every time I try to download something with the downloader mode on, firefox just goes to a "file not found" page and nothing happens. The downloader itself works fine, I can log in and everything, but this happens when ever I try to download something from my library when "GOG.com Downloader Mode" is on.
I am having some issues. I have now made an attempt to download both heros of might and magic two and heros of might and magic three I am a big fan of the series and the site seemed cool after I was able to download another game without issue.

When Heros three froze during download, I looked at the forums and assumed that I needed to get the game downloader that GOG offered. So i did. This enabled me to get further progress in the download, yet I still was faced with the same issue. It would stop downloading, completely. Tried to download Heros two to see if it was just the game, but the same issue occured, once I got to around 200 MB downloaded it would just crash, not respond.

I tryed rebooting my machine, redownloading the games and I made sure that I havethe latest version of the downloader.

I'm sorry but I admittedly don't really know much about computers.

I am trying to download

-On Windows 7
-On an HP Mini 110
-English OS
Master-G: Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with the new downloader.
Every time I try to download something with the downloader mode on, firefox just goes to a "file not found" page and nothing happens. The downloader itself works fine, I can log in and everything, but this happens when ever I try to download something from my library when "GOG.com Downloader Mode" is on.
Take a look here, there should probably be a post in this thread, but couldn't find it atm :/
Master-G: Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with the new downloader.
JMich: Take a look here, there should probably be a post in this thread, but couldn't find it atm :/
Thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed! :D
jonesy1461: I am having some issues. I have now made an attempt to download both heros of might and magic two and heros of might and magic three I am a big fan of the series and the site seemed cool after I was able to download another game without issue.

When Heros three froze during download, I looked at the forums and assumed that I needed to get the game downloader that GOG offered. So i did. This enabled me to get further progress in the download, yet I still was faced with the same issue. It would stop downloading, completely. Tried to download Heros two to see if it was just the game, but the same issue occured, once I got to around 200 MB downloaded it would just crash, not respond.

I tryed rebooting my machine, redownloading the games and I made sure that I havethe latest version of the downloader.

I'm sorry but I admittedly don't really know much about computers.

I am trying to download

-On Windows 7
-On an HP Mini 110
-English OS
Could you please post here (or upload to any copy-paste service like pastebin) a content of log file? Log file is located as below:

Windows 7/Vista - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com

Moreover, is your net connection stable?
I keep getting a prompt to update the downloader, but it never updates. It connects to the Internet after some time, but the download counter just stays at zero and never changes. It's creating problems because it tries to update when I start my computer, and I can't get it to shut down, sometimes even when I'm trying to use the Control Panel.
Loralou: I keep getting a prompt to update the downloader, but it never updates. It connects to the Internet after some time, but the download counter just stays at zero and never changes. It's creating problems because it tries to update when I start my computer, and I can't get it to shut down, sometimes even when I'm trying to use the Control Panel.
Tried grabbing it manually from the link in the first post?
I have a Toshiba Satellite, win7 system, English OS, using Internet Explorer 9. I am trying to download Tex Murphy Under A Killing Moon for 4 hours now and only have half of the download. Am I doing something wrong? I have version 3.2.22 of GOG downloader. I just bought 3 games from you guys so if there is anything I can do to speed this up please let me know.
nettiebug: I have a Toshiba Satellite, win7 system, English OS, using Internet Explorer 9. I am trying to download Tex Murphy Under A Killing Moon for 4 hours now and only have half of the download. Am I doing something wrong? I have version 3.2.22 of GOG downloader. I just bought 3 games from you guys so if there is anything I can do to speed this up please let me know.
It is possible that setting the number of "Concurrent Downloads" too high can saturate your line. Set it to 1 and see if you get normal speed with the downloader (should be the same as if you downloaded the game through your browser). If the speeds are normal, increase it to 2, 3 or 4 and you should have (approximately) two, three or four times the speed.
If this doesn't help, it is possible that your antivirus is throttling the connection, let me see if I can find the post with what domain to whitelist for it.
Edit: here's the related post.
Post edited November 29, 2012 by JMich
nettiebug: I have a Toshiba Satellite, win7 system, English OS, using Internet Explorer 9. I am trying to download Tex Murphy Under A Killing Moon for 4 hours now and only have half of the download. Am I doing something wrong? I have version 3.2.22 of GOG downloader. I just bought 3 games from you guys so if there is anything I can do to speed this up please let me know.
JMich: It is possible that setting the number of "Concurrent Downloads" too high can saturate your line. Set it to 1 and see if you get normal speed with the downloader (should be the same as if you downloaded the game through your browser). If the speeds are normal, increase it to 2, 3 or 4 and you should have (approximately) two, three or four times the speed.
If this doesn't help, it is possible that your antivirus is throttling the connection, let me see if I can find the post with what domain to whitelist for it.
Edit: here's the related post.
I got it to speed up by disabling my Kaspersky Pure but now it is hung up 1.28 out of 1.35GB. Any suggestions as to how to fix it without having to download the whole thing again. So close, yet so far away.
nettiebug: I got it to speed up by disabling my Kaspersky Pure but now it is hung up 1.28 out of 1.35GB. Any suggestions as to how to fix it without having to download the whole thing again. So close, yet so far away.
Close the downloader, then start it again. It should see that there are some files there, verify that they are correct, then resume downloading. It may take some time (not sure if it will say Preparing), but it should get there.
As for Kaspersky, it should have a whitelist or trusted programs options, add the downloader to it.
If these fail, hopefully one of the blues should be here soon to give more information.
nettiebug: I got it to speed up by disabling my Kaspersky Pure but now it is hung up 1.28 out of 1.35GB. Any suggestions as to how to fix it without having to download the whole thing again. So close, yet so far away.
JMich: Close the downloader, then start it again. It should see that there are some files there, verify that they are correct, then resume downloading. It may take some time (not sure if it will say Preparing), but it should get there.
As for Kaspersky, it should have a whitelist or trusted programs options, add the downloader to it.
If these fail, hopefully one of the blues should be here soon to give more information.
At the risk of seeming stupid, what is a whitelist? I closed the downloader and restarted it again and it made me start the download all over again. Seems like I'm back to square one.
nettiebug: At the risk of seeming stupid, what is a whitelist?
Whitelist is a list of programs that you flag as safe, no matter what the antivirus/security suite thinks. It is the opposite of blacklist which flags a program as unsafe/malicious, even if the antivirus treats it as safe.
nettiebug: I closed the downloader and restarted it again and it made me start the download all over again. Seems like I'm back to square one.
No idea then, hopefully either Fallen_Zen or Szulak will see and reply to you soon.