It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Ok, install started alright (using "setup_divinity_original_sin_2.2.0.4-2.bin" from the standart download + .exe & -1.bin from gogdownloader.

So, worry came from a missing (-2.bin) from gogdownloader ..

Guess it can be easily corrected then (an oversight it is not ?).

Update next : if install correct (and after game launch), Another hour ?
I lived in a country where the internet connection is more wild than the wild wild west (means it can die at any time for any amount of hours...)

Here's a few difficulties I found that hopefully could be addressed by GOG:
1. Cannot pause or stop the downloading when the internet connection suddenly down.
2. When the internet is down for more than one hour, the download gets corrupted immediately.

For huge games ( > 2 GBs) I had to resort to much more expensive but stable internet connection (which costs at least triple of what I currently used right now), which is also one of the reason why I'm hesitated in preordering The Witcher 3. Imagine downloading that huge game, only for it to corrupt because of the downloader's inability to cope with unstable internet connection.
Post edited July 07, 2014 by Devspar
I have never really had a problem with the downloader until recently. There were some updates, and some new games I purchased. On the updates. it seems to freeze at zero for any (flac) soundtracks, but not mp3. When I delete these from the list, the downloader continues along, but at a very unstable 50 to 150 kb/s instead of the 900 kb/s I usually get. This all started about a week ago out of nowhere. Anybody else experiencing this? Why does it seem like the flac files are causing the problems?
I think I suffered a power cut while I was sleeping, and yes, I left my downloader running at the time. Unfortunately, now it's struggling to download the FLAC version of the Two Worlds soundtrack. It sort of flickers between "Hey, let's try downloading this!" and "Nope, can't be bothered with downloading!" in a split second. Every split second.

I've tried manually deleting the ZIP. That didn't work. I could delete the whole thing from my installer, but then it threatens to delete the entire downloaded game and bonus content, and I would like to avoid re-downloading the entire game on my slow connection unless it's an update.

I've dragged it to the bottom of my list, however, and subsequent games are now downloading normally for the time being.

Any suggestions? :|
MrPointless: Any suggestions? :|
Right clicking on the FLAC should give the option of removing the FLAC only. You can always keep a copy of the files before attempting to remove it though.
You can also try deleting any .bin files in %localappdata%\GOG.com which should clear the download list.
MrPointless: Any suggestions? :|
JMich: Right clicking on the FLAC should give the option of removing the FLAC only. You can always keep a copy of the files before attempting to remove it though.
You can also try deleting any .bin files in %localappdata%\GOG.com which should clear the download list.
Fair point. Derp on my part. *finds the strongest damn coffee in the house and returns*

Okay, so I made a copy, deleted it from the downloader, and thank flip, it only removed the FLAC download. It's kind of confusing there because the message box reads: "Are you sure you want to remove the game from the list? All downloaded files will be removed." as if it's not been designed to differentiate between game and bonus content. I'd best remember that in future. :|

In any case, I just discovered that the downloader might not have been the cause at all. It seems the FLAC OST has been removed from the bonus pack entirely, yet I can't see any notes or warnings about its removal. o.O

Separate issue, now, though, unrelated to the downloader, so I'll leave it at that and shuffle out of this thread. ._.
MrPointless: It seems the FLAC OST has been removed from the bonus pack entirely, yet I can't see any notes or warnings about its removal. o.O
A few of the FLAC OSTs seems to have not be lossless after all, so they got removed until proper lossless files can be provided. Here's the relevant post.
MrPointless: It seems the FLAC OST has been removed from the bonus pack entirely, yet I can't see any notes or warnings about its removal. o.O
JMich: A few of the FLAC OSTs seems to have not be lossless after all, so they got removed until proper lossless files can be provided. Here's the relevant post.
I removed the Flac files to keep the downloader going, but I could tell that they were the problem. Thank you for the additional info on this issue with the link.
Hi.

Just downloaded latest gog downloader and it won't connect ! help !! win 7 64 bit hp comp here. normal internet connection, kaspersky anti virus, i put the program in trusted , no idea what's going on.
Over the weekend i purchased a new laptop running win8 64 bit.

I went to my library and downloaded my copy of HOMM2 with not problems.

This morning i tried to download my copy of neverwinter nights and when the GOG downloader starts all it does is start opening tab after tab after tab.. Within seconds it has over 60 tabs open and not stoping. I have to clase all taps two or three times before i can catch up with it.

I've scanned my machine for viruses using malwarebytes and nortons and not finding anything.

Anyone lese having this issue?
Diceman65: This morning i tried to download my copy of neverwinter nights and when the GOG downloader starts all it does is start opening tab after tab after tab.. Within seconds it has over 60 tabs open and not stoping. I have to clase all taps two or three times before i can catch up with it.
It shouldn't be doing that (obviously), and I don't recall anyone else encountering it.
When the downloader starts, it does an https request, but that should be parsed by the downloader itself, not the browser.

Does this happen if you open the downloader by itself as well, or only if you try to add a game to it?
Diceman65: This morning i tried to download my copy of neverwinter nights and when the GOG downloader starts all it does is start opening tab after tab after tab.. Within seconds it has over 60 tabs open and not stoping. I have to clase all taps two or three times before i can catch up with it.
JMich: It shouldn't be doing that (obviously), and I don't recall anyone else encountering it.
When the downloader starts, it does an https request, but that should be parsed by the downloader itself, not the browser.

Does this happen if you open the downloader by itself as well, or only if you try to add a game to it?
It is happening when I am trying to download a game from my library of purchased games. But it is not happening just by turning on the downloader. Only when activating an actual program to download,
Post edited July 17, 2014 by Diceman65
Diceman65: Only when activating an actual program to download,
Does it happen with all browsers? And does the downloader launch, or only the tabs?
Diceman65: Only when activating an actual program to download,
JMich: Does it happen with all browsers? And does the downloader launch, or only the tabs?
so far it happens on both the browsers i use.(chrome & firefox). And it just launches the tabs.
Diceman65: so far it happens on both the browsers i use.(chrome & firefox). And it just launches the tabs.
My guess is that the gogdownloader:// protocol is set incorrectly to open in the browser page, thus creating a loop. Take a look here to see if the protocol is properly set.