It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Skladzien: How does exactly "limit download speed between [hour] and [hour]" works?
Do i have t check also "Download speed limit (kB/s)" checkbox to limit speed in selected hours or it is not neccesary?
If the two hours are set, for the time period between those two times the downloader will use the speed limit you have set, and for the rest of the day it will ignore the speed limit. If you don't set a speed limit, then there won't be any throttling, even if you do set the times.
did nothing to fix the problem but decided to try the downloader again and it works fine now have no idea why but not looking a gift horse in the mouth
JMich: If the two hours are set, for the time period between those two times the downloader will use the speed limit you have set, and for the rest of the day it will ignore the speed limit. If you don't set a speed limit, then there won't be any throttling, even if you do set the times.
My limit download speed checkbox is checked-in, hours are set 9:00-23:59 it is 8:12 AM and my download speed is around 600 B/s, while normal speed is ~780 kB/s so current speed is 1/1000 of allowed it is not right.
Post edited December 19, 2013 by Skladzien
Skladzien: My limit download speed checkbox is checked-in, hours are set 9:00-23:59 it is 8:12 AM and my download speed is around 600 B/s, while normal speed is ~780 kB/s so current speed is 1/1000 of allowed it is not right.
You should poke Szulak in that case, since he should be able to provide more info about the downloader and its speed limits.
Let me ping him for you.
Post edited December 19, 2013 by JMich
Hi. I decided to return back to this thread because I think the problem which caused GOG downloader to crash on my computer also affect other program (Divinity Original Sin alpha won't start T__T).

Here's what the appcrash says:

Fault Module Name: mscorwks.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.0.50727.5420

Any idea how to fix this?
BiskutMentega: Any idea how to fix this?
As far as I recall, mscorwks.dll is part of the .NET library, so you should verify that .NET 3.5SP1 is installed correctly. Also check if there are any windows updates, since there were a few hotfixes for that file.
Do tell if you need links for the .NET verification utility.
Tried that verification tools, it said there was nothing wrong.
I've tried uninstall microsoft.net 4.5.1 and reinstall. Not working. Or do I need to download and install 3.5?
BiskutMentega: Tried that verification tools, it said there was nothing wrong.
I've tried uninstall microsoft.net 4.5.1 and reinstall. Not working. Or do I need to download and install 3.5?
There are common 2 versions of .NET
The first one is version 2.0 to 3.5SP1, which is the most commonly used one. The second is 4.x one, which is newer and thus less commonly used. The two versions are not interchangeable, so an application requiring .NET 3.5 will not work if only 4.5 is installed. It requires 3.5 to be installed.
I have installed program that is tracking my connection traffic and it s really weird. It shows that GOG downloader is showng speed on 80-900 B/s but it really downloads with much higher rate (like 2 Mbps). Also i tried to download some really small files (like manual) and it works ok. Speed is limite when it should be, and go with higher rate when it is allowed. So it seems to be only problem with internal GOG Downloader traffic o'meter :)
I had Shadow Warrior (2013) downloaded, and right now I tried to download it again, and that POS Downloader deleted previous files. WTF?
will the downloader ever add launcher functionality? for example be able to start any game installed in the gog.com folder. similar to steam. I don't like have to use shortcuts on desktop/taskbar
Technical question for a blue: Does the GOG downloader internally use 'rsync' as the mechanism for downloading the game files etc.? If it isn't already using rsync or something of a similar nature it would be very worthwhile to investigate it for a future version of the software as it can greatly reduce the amount of data that has to be transferred over the wire on updates and partial downloads, including incomplete downloads that need resuming. Might want to look into that and pass the idea along to the dev team if it's not already using it or been considered.

Hope this is useful!
ksurl: will the downloader ever add launcher functionality? for example be able to start any game installed in the gog.com folder. similar to steam. I don't like have to use shortcuts on desktop/taskbar
I think not, the downloader is strictly only for downloads and notifications and many people do not like your idea.

Granted, some sort of launcher may be neat, but if you buy (digital) games from different sources and whoops you have half a dozen mandatory launcher/clients gobbling up resources on your computer. Personally I don't really like the official GOG downloader and I'm using the web interface (more reliable) for downloads, but this is due technical reasons. I'm glad having choices on downloading games here on GOG.com.

skeletonbow: Technical question for a blue: Does the GOG downloader internally use 'rsync' as the mechanism for downloading the game files etc.?
AFAIK the GOG Downloader uses a custom download method with checksummed chunks for all stuff. The size of the chunks are not as fine-grained as rsync's, but optimized for paralell downloading and saturating the available bandwith.
Post edited December 23, 2013 by coffeecup
ksurl: will the downloader ever add launcher functionality? for example be able to start any game installed in the gog.com folder. similar to steam. I don't like have to use shortcuts on desktop/taskbar
coffeecup: I think not, the downloader is strictly only for downloads and notifications and many people do not like your idea.

Granted, some sort of launcher may be neat, but if you buy (digital) games from different sources and whoops you have half a dozen mandatory launcher/clients gobbling up resources on your computer. Personally I don't really like the official GOG downloader and I'm using the web interface (more reliable) for downloads, but this is due technical reasons. I'm glad having choices on downloading games here on GOG.com.

skeletonbow: Technical question for a blue: Does the GOG downloader internally use 'rsync' as the mechanism for downloading the game files etc.?
coffeecup: AFAIK the GOG Downloader uses a custom download method with checksummed chunks for all stuff. The size of the chunks are not as fine-grained as rsync's, but optimized for paralell downloading and saturating the available bandwith.
I don't mean for it to be mandatory. It would still be possible to continue desktop shortcut or start menu to start the games. I'd just like an option to use it as a launcher. I really don't like clutter.
I'm not an english speaker and i'm confused i must put the same e-mail and password in the downloader and in the account,no?