It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Landmarx: Yes, the icon is in the taskbar, but the pause and resume options are grayed out. I am never asked to login.
Taskbar, not system tray. The place where open windows are shown, and right clicking (on XP) allows you to restore, move, maximize, minimize, close. I don't think the taskbar gives the options for pause and resume, but I haven't run the downloader on XP.
Sorry. There is no item in the taskbar. Only the tray icon appears.
Landmarx: Sorry. There is no item in the taskbar. Only the tray icon appears.
I assume clicking (or double clicking) on the tray icon doesn't show the downloader either.
Hm, go to C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com and delete all files there (should be logger.log, settings.js and a GOG.com_Downloader.exe_blahblah folder). Run the downloader again and see if it appears. The folder should be a hidden one, and UserName refers to your windows user name.

Also, make sure that your AV and/or firewall are not blocking the downloader.
I looked at the logger file and it seems there is a javascript error. Not sure how to fix it. I have the latest version of java installed.
Thanks big time to Szulak and Sude, that's a very good starting point. Now I've something productive to do during the upcoming holidays. :o)
Hi there, recently I cleared my entire hard drive of gog games to re download them. After adding all 201 games to the queue, I noticed that further up the queue, some of the files were removed. For example I added a game with it's installer and all it's bonus content, then added about 50 more and when I went back I noticed that the installer was removed from the list and never downloaded.

Is there an efficient and sure way to download all your games and bonus content to your hard drive. Thank you.
Magmarock: Is there an efficient and sure way to download all your games and bonus content to your hard drive. Thank you.
You can use the unofficial lgogdownloader (for Linux) and type in the shell:
$ lgogdownloader --login
$ lgogdownloader --game all --language 1 --download

This gets your whole library with all extras and only english language versions of the games in one swoop. Unfortunately, this does not work for windows. Perhaps you can ask on https://github.com/Sude-/lgogdownloader/ for a Windows build.
Magmarock: Is there an efficient and sure way to download all your games and bonus content to your hard drive. Thank you.
coffeecup: You can use the unofficial lgogdownloader (for Linux) and type in the shell:
$ lgogdownloader --login

This gets your whole library with all extras and only english language versions of the games in one swoop. Unfortunately, this does not work for windows. Perhaps you can ask on https://github.com/Sude-/lgogdownloader/ for a Windows build.
Unfortunately gcc/g++ in both Cygwin and MinGW fail to build it because of compiler bugs with C++11 features on Windows.
coffeecup: You can use the unofficial lgogdownloader (for Linux) and type in the shell:
$ lgogdownloader --login

Sude: Unfortunately gcc/g++ in both Cygwin and MinGW fail to build it because of compiler bugs with C++11 features on Windows.
Thanks, but I do use Windows.
HypersomniacLive: Where exactly is that "download" you click on?

The way to use the GOG Downloader is:
1. Go into your games librafy (shelf or list).
2. Click on a game - this displays all the files available for download.
3. Click on a file. This should bring up the GOG Downloader if it's enabled and ask you to enter your credentials.
4. After logging in to the GOG Downloader, it adds the files to the list to download and starts the actual download.

At what step does the process break for you?
Have you tried to completely close it and follow the above steps to see what happens?

And before trying any of this, please delete everything from the %localappdata%\GOG.com directory.
wazo43: Part 4, it never actually starts the download, i am pretty sure i am downloading it from the correct place. The downloader is open in another window and it registers that i am logged in but i click on the download option, with the downloader option turned on but nothing happens.
I'm having exact same issue. Anyone have a fix?

wazo43: Part 4, it never actually starts the download, i am pretty sure i am downloading it from the correct place. The downloader is open in another window and it registers that i am logged in but i click on the download option, with the downloader option turned on but nothing happens.
JMich: Seems like the gogdownloader isn't properly registered with chrome. See if this support article helps.
I went through all of it. Still no go.
Post edited December 17, 2013 by sgoshe
sgoshe: I went through all of it. Still no go.
If you are using chrome or firefox, you should be able to right click the link and copy the address. Then manually add it to the downloader by running
"c:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\GOG.com Downloader.exe" gogdownloader://beneath_a_steel_sky/installer_win_en
replacing with the proper link of course.
sgoshe: I went through all of it. Still no go.
JMich: If you are using chrome or firefox, you should be able to right click the link and copy the address. Then manually add it to the downloader by running

"c:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\GOG.com Downloader.exe" gogdownloader://beneath_a_steel_sky/installer_win_en
JMich: replacing with the proper link of course.
Thanks, will give it a try. Seems like Chrome+Win8 people with this problem and GOG could provide a real fix.
I'm normal quite good with computer's but I seem to be a bit stuck. I download the Installer, and proceed to download my first game. It completed quite quickly. But that's it. No desktop icon. No "play the game now". My library contains no way to start it (normal?). So basically I installed it, but I can't find it to play. I'm thoroughly confused as I've scoured my computer. An help on the matter?
FullRapture: So basically I installed it, but I can't find it to play.
You didn't install it. You downloaded the installer. Assuming you didn't change the default download folder, your game should be in "Documents\GOG.com Downloads\game_name". Run the setup_game_name_2.x.y.z.exe to install it, and have fun playing :)
How does exactly "limit download speed between [hour] and [hour]" works?
Do i have t check also "Download speed limit (kB/s)" checkbox to limit speed in selected hours or it is not neccesary?