It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
how come games i remove from the list of downloads reappear when i open the downloader again.

Im running win 7 64bits accesing gog.com thru chrome

everytime i run the downloader games that i have removed from the list show up and i cannt any new files.
Post edited October 23, 2013 by dewayne3278
dewayne3278: how come games i remove from the list of downloads reappear when i open the downloader again.

Im running win 7 64bits accesing gog.com thru chrome

everytime i run the downloader games that i have removed from the list show up and i cannt any new files.
I've checked this and for me, it works fine. Could you please write step-by-step procedure to reproduce this issue?
not sure to explain this one. before proceed might add. i only had this computer bout two weeks and my sister did alot downloading for me. she tried using the downloader to download wc1-4 and the bonus content but she did not tell the downloader to run admin. i did that today and was able to download privateer just fine. is already on the list. wc1-4 were downloade manually and installed. everytime i open the downloader i tell it to pause everything and i remove the games from my list. but if i close the launcher and reopen it they are back trying to download. and when i click on the bonus content to download for privateer it itll think for a second and wont appear on my list. i tried uninstalling the launcher and deleting every folder i could find accept the with all my wc installed. reinstalled it and still showed up
Post edited October 23, 2013 by dewayne3278
How do you play the games? Did I just waste 10 dollars? =/
davyissuper: How do you play the games? Did I just waste 10 dollars? =/
Download (either in the web browser, or by downloading and installing GOGdownloader which is the preferred and superior method), then install (GOGdownloader automatically installs games by default when they're downloaded), then play.

https://secure.gog.com/account/games
Post edited October 23, 2013 by mharris
davyissuper: How do you play the games? Did I just waste 10 dollars? =/
mharris: Download (either in the web browser, or by downloading and installing GOGdownloader which is the preferred and superior method), then install (GOGdownloader automatically installs games by default when they're downloaded), then play.

https://secure.gog.com/account/games
Thanks. It works now.
davyissuper: Thanks. It works now.
No prob, enjoy your games! :)
dewayne3278: snip...
Could you remove file "setting.js" from the %localappdata%\GOG.com folder, please? Keep in mind, it will clear your current download list (you'll have to add the games again).
davyissuper: Thanks. It works now.
mharris: No prob, enjoy your games! :)
thank you very much sir that did it
now i have the opposite i cannt add anything to the downloader. i got it set to run as admin
dewayne3278: now i have the opposite i cannt add anything to the downloader. i got it set to run as admin
Try right clicking on it on the systray and exiting it, then trying to download again. Occasionally the downloader has a glitch or two of some sort like that which closing it and restarting it usually works around fairly well. They update it from time to time and fix a lot of those problems too though. I haven't had a problem in quite some time now so it's usually pretty reliable.

If you have persistent problems though which you can't easily resolve like that contact GOG support as they are fantastic. They always seem to resolve issues right away or in the case of the downloader they often have a workaround or fix it in the next release, and they're very courteous. Sometimes they even throw in a free game or two. :)
Is there an alternate mirror to get the downloader from? Firefox keeps "downloading" the .exe (it makes a file that's 0kb and says it's done) and Chrome says that the page/file is unavailable.
Sarioya: Is there an alternate mirror to get the downloader from? Firefox keeps "downloading" the .exe (it makes a file that's 0kb and says it's done) and Chrome says that the page/file is unavailable.
i had this issue as well. but figure it was due to my main problem. istill have the same issue and firefox doesnt work either
Post edited October 24, 2013 by dewayne3278
Sarioya: Is there an alternate mirror to get the downloader from? Firefox keeps "downloading" the .exe (it makes a file that's 0kb and says it's done) and Chrome says that the page/file is unavailable.
I just went to the http://www.gog.com/downloader page in Firefox 24 and downloaded it no problem. It says it is 3.35MB. Do you have cookies or javascript blocked or use extensions like NoScript or other script or cookie blockers? If so you probably need to allow those things through for everything to work properly on the GOG.com website. Not sure if that's the problem or not but it is probably a common problem anyhow, hope it helps.
mharris: I just went to the http://www.gog.com/downloader page in Firefox 24 and downloaded it no problem. It says it is 3.35MB. Do you have cookies or javascript blocked or use extensions like NoScript or other script or cookie blockers? If so you probably need to allow those things through for everything to work properly on the GOG.com website. Not sure if that's the problem or not but it is probably a common problem anyhow, hope it helps.
I have NoScript set to allow everything GOG, and the download button give you a direct link anyway, so that shouldn't be an issue. It also wouldn't explain why Chrome is unable to find the download.