It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Still having issues with this. I know the website and downloader may not be accurate but Might and Magic 8 is not a 3 GB game.
yeah ^^ ; ok :
- stop the download
- push the clear button
- close totaly the downloader (via the systray)
- delete the file(s) in its download directory
- redownload the game via the game page.

normaly it cut totaly the current download, (i've got some issue aswell)

- if u still have issue & to be sure the file is correct on the server (should be)

- don't use the downloader for getting the game , use the browser ,
- after that check the digital signiature , if it's ok , the file is good

the might & magic 8 's file size on the wabsite is correct;

i add the hash value (if u need to) ; 5ebc4cf007ee54327e877e6a297a4e6a *setup_mm8_2.0.0.13.exe

if u still have issue , i have no more idea.
Post edited April 18, 2013 by DyNaer
Thank you for trying to help, but I've done all of that already. I can definitely download games from the website just fine as direct downloads, it's the downloader that just doesn't seem to be working for whatever reason =/
Congrolios: Thank you for trying to help, but I've done all of that already. I can definitely download games from the website just fine as direct downloads, it's the downloader that just doesn't seem to be working for whatever reason =/
Could you post a contents of your log file, please? (Or upload to any paste-bin like service)
Post edited April 18, 2013 by Szulak
Here you go:

[url=http://pastebin()com/JMwPZWMS]http://pastebin()com/JMwPZWMS[/url]

Edit: Had to remove the period between pastebin and com since it kept saying I couldn't post a link at this time.
Post edited April 18, 2013 by Congrolios
So, any ideas?
Congrolios: So, any ideas?
At the beginning of next week, we will release the new version of GOG Downloader, where such issues shouldn't exist.
ok i just downloaded dosbox for secret weapons of the Luftwaffe, but i cant get it to recognize my thrustmaster J/S. How do i get the game to recognize it?
Hello,

Today I tried the GOG Downloader for the first time. It doesn't seem to be working. One of the games I am trying to download, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, downloaded 1.85 GB of 1.86 GB and won't download any more. It has been stuck there for about an hour as I write this.

I tried to attach the only log file I could find but Gog said that it was the wrong file format.

Can anyone help?

downloader v3.4.8.0

Google Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m

WinXP

English

TIA,
kk
koolking1: ...
You can upload your log file to pastebin like service, and post here a link. At the beginning of next week, we will release the new version of the GOG Downloader, where such issues shouldn't exist.
Here is my pastebin of the log as requested.

http://pastebin.com/x5ftWssc
okiesadsack: ok i just downloaded dosbox for secret weapons of the Luftwaffe, but i cant get it to recognize my thrustmaster J/S. How do i get the game to recognize it?
Hey there,

Seems this problem is not related to the GOG Downloader in any way. Also it seems this game isn't in our catalog. I'm no DosBox expert so maybe someone else can help you out.
Post edited April 22, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Okay, I'm getting seriously annoyed by this... I'm trying to use GOG Downloader on my MacBook Pro (OS X Mountain Lion), but it won't let me log in! It keeps saying "Wrong e-mail and / or password" despite that I can use the exact same e-mail-password combo to log into GOG.com. Yes, I've checked, double-checked and triple-checked - it IS the correct email and password, at least for GOG.com - does the Downloader want some kind of alternate login credentials...?

And sorry for the ranting, it's just that I've had login issues with the Downloader before (on Windows), back when it said my email was wrong because I typed "Lhademmor@" instead of "lhademmor@". This isn't the case this time around, though. I've tried both.

Christ, I know DRM-free is worth the hassle, but... it's still a lot of hassle :-(
Lhademmor: And sorry for the ranting, it's just that I've had login issues with the Downloader before (on Windows), back when it said my email was wrong because I typed "Lhademmor@" instead of "lhademmor@". This isn't the case this time around, though. I've tried both.
Usually, sensitive data (like login and password) is encrypted and it's encrypted version saved in database. Take a look on this example (it shows md5 checksum of words "Lhademmor@" and "lhademmor@"):

Lhademmor@ 40c8723e782760dee2e972b89a1a0a7a
lhademmor@ a67374848336c1660f2fad04def1693f

As you can see, just one difference ("L" and "l") changes the whole checksum - thus, you couldn't login.
Lhademmor: Okay, I'm getting seriously annoyed by this... I'm trying to use GOG Downloader on my MacBook Pro (OS X Mountain Lion), but it won't let me log in! It keeps saying "Wrong e-mail and / or password" despite that I can use the exact same e-mail-password combo to log into GOG.com. Yes, I've checked, double-checked and triple-checked - it IS the correct email and password, at least for GOG.com - does the Downloader want some kind of alternate login credentials...?

And sorry for the ranting, it's just that I've had login issues with the Downloader before (on Windows), back when it said my email was wrong because I typed "Lhademmor@" instead of "lhademmor@". This isn't the case this time around, though. I've tried both.

Christ, I know DRM-free is worth the hassle, but... it's still a lot of hassle :-(
Hey there,

Have you tried changing your password? Since when does the problem occur?