It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
russellskanne: When the hell this goddamn gog bear will be replaced by something sane!? I'm losing my shit...
Introducing the all NEW GOG BEAR!
high rated
GOGFUCkINGDAMMIT!

You inconceivably incompetent fools!

Why the fuck is my profile PUBLIC (as in: every dumbfuck ledditor on the fucking planet who was linked to my goddamn profile can check out how many games I bought/leeched off of others, how many acheevmints I got and how much precious time I wasted on playing stupid kid's games)? Why do I have to disable my profile entirely if I don't want off-site visitors to check it out? That wasn't the case a while ago, clicking on the profile while not being logged in returned some kind of error message. I have no problem with other gog-users checking this stuff out, but why the fuck is there even a distinction between "all visitors" and "gog users" when every Tom Dick and Harry can just walk right in and make themselves right at home?

Switched my profile off entirely now. And I liked that feature. But displaying private information to every asshole on the net (without them even having to be members of the site) is infuriating beyond words.

Fix your shit, gog!
fronzelneekburm: Why the fuck is my profile PUBLIC (as in: every dumbfuck ledditor on the fucking planet who was linked to my goddamn profile can check out how many games I bought/leeched off of others, how many acheevmints I got and how much precious time I wasted on playing stupid kid's games)? Why do I have to disable my profile entirely if I don't want off-site visitors to check it out?
Oh wow. They've added a fourth privacy option. It's now a choice between "only me", "GOG.com friends", "GOG.com users" and "all visitors". And so from what you're saying, it sounds like where people had the previous most public option selected, that's now automatically interpreted as "all visitors"? Clearly, the wish Set all privacy-related options to most secure by default has not yet gotten enough votes for them to take it serious. (We already knew they don't take the GDPR seriously.)

In GOG's 'defense', some users here have expressed the actual desire for their profile to be visible to non-GOG users, so good for them to making this option available. But yeah, forcing that on people by default?? Youch...
high rated
gogtrial34987: It's now a choice between "only me", "GOG.com friends", "GOG.com users" and "all visitors". And so from what you're saying, it sounds like where people had the previous most public option selected, that's now automatically interpreted as "all visitors"?
No, worse than that. If you do anything but disable your profile altogether, your basic profile page (not your games collection, your feed or your friend list, if you have disabled that) is shown to "all visitors" - no matter which option you select. I even tinkered with the various options after finding out the hard way that my profile (which was at the time set to "gog users only", so by no means the most public option either!) was viewable for everyone out there. And your base profile is shown to EVERYONE, no matter what. If you don't want EVERYONE on the internet to know about your # of games/achievements/hours played, you HAVE to deactivate your profile. You won't even be able to see the profile yourself, neither will your friends on gog.

You might wonder just how did I find out that my profile was publically viewable? Well, someone had the bright idea to link to my profile in a post made on Reddit. And said post is now on the front page of r/Games.

Whooops...
Post edited May 30, 2018 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: You might wonder just how did I find out that my profile was publically viewable? Well, someone had the bright idea to link to my profile in a post made on Reddit. And said post is now on the front page of r/Games.
Interesting. One of my moms got banned from reddit for linking to her son's account on Steam. The other people's personal information clause of their AUP.
high rated
fronzelneekburm: You might wonder just how did I find out that my profile was publically viewable? Well, someone had the bright idea to link to my profile in a post made on Reddit. And said post is now on the front page of r/Games.
drmike: Interesting. One of my moms got banned from reddit for linking to her son's account on Steam. The other people's personal information clause of their AUP.
Meh, I don't really mind that. (Actually, I mind. But not enough for me to want that person to get into any kind of trouble - even something as silly as getting banned on leddit.) That person didn't have any ill-intent. They were discussing my "second class citizens"-gogmix and anyone who follows the link to that mix only has to hover the mouse cursor over my avatar and click "view profile" and they'd end up in the same place. So, no biggie.

What I DO mind, is that viewing said profile would display anything but an error message to anyone who isn't currently logged in as a member of this site. If I select "gog users only", it damn well better be gog users only. Neither should I be forced to deactivate my profile altogether for the sake of not showing my Galaxy stats to the rest of the world.
Post edited May 30, 2018 by fronzelneekburm
You guys are trying so hard to become Steam. It's so pathetic. You also deleted my forum post so I'm posting it again.
high rated
GOG just updated the system so that if you remove a friend connection, the associated activities also disappear from the activity feed (meaning that there's no lingering indication in the database that leaks that this friend connection previously existed). \o/

Timeline (paraphrasing):
24 april: I reference the GDPR and request to support that my public profile information be removed from view, and for information gathered specifically for this functionality to be deleted, specifically naming activities of other users with which I had a "friend" connection, but no longer do.
30 april: First response from support, stating that it's now possible to disable the profile functionality (interestingly I never got the "we have nothing to say about this subject" message which everyone else seemed to be getting during the intervening week).
30 april: I respond with thanks, and reiteration that I'd like information about previous relationships to also be removed.
18 may: Response from support that they can't currently comply, but that no one can see this information.
23 may: I respond that this misses the point, and that they are storing personal information in their database (about former friend connections) which they have no purpose for. I point out the GDPR principles which this violates.
5 june: Response from support that this information has now been deleted for me, and that this is automatic behaviour going forward when removing friends.
gogtrial34987: GOG just updated the system so that if you remove a friend connection, the associated activities also disappear from the activity feed (meaning that there's no lingering indication in the database that leaks that this friend connection previously existed). \o/

Timeline (paraphrasing):
24 april: I reference the GDPR and request to support that my public profile information be removed from view, and for information gathered specifically for this functionality to be deleted, specifically naming activities of other users with which I had a "friend" connection, but no longer do.
30 april: First response from support, stating that it's now possible to disable the profile functionality (interestingly I never got the "we have nothing to say about this subject" message which everyone else seemed to be getting during the intervening week).
30 april: I respond with thanks, and reiteration that I'd like information about previous relationships to also be removed.
18 may: Response from support that they can't currently comply, but that no one can see this information.
23 may: I respond that this misses the point, and that they are storing personal information in their database (about former friend connections) which they have no purpose for. I point out the GDPR principles which this violates.
5 june: Response from support that this information has now been deleted for me, and that this is automatic behaviour going forward when removing friends.
That's real nice. I'm glad. :)
A minor thing, but it seems stupid that GOG allows one to post gifs to the profile - but converts them into .jpgs.

Given that at least Opus Magnum exports animated gifs of machines it seems silly not to support them.
broken_eel: Profiles should not have been made public for everyone without consent or fair warning. GOG should not make this decision for me.
gogtrial34987: Just in case you hadn't seen it yet: wishlist: Set all privacy-related options to most secure by default

broken_eel: Also, what happened to the notifications for replies? I got nothing in the bell like I used to, just a purple dot in community tab that took me to a page showing that I have a reply in here.
gogtrial34987: And: wishlist: Restore notifications for forum replies to their original place in the bell
A very beltaed thanks for the links, voted both.
are recently played games not showing up on profiles anymore, it never updates for me, it keeps showing I've played nothing recently, is this a known bug?
Thank you so much for this GOG.
You now have the best user profile page of any launcher on PC. I know steam has most of the games but their user profile page is an absolute mess.
It is quite literally designed perfectly. I LOVE the combination stat of all hours played in GOG and number of achievements across all games earned.
I also LOVE that I can get a birds-eye view of all my games and see how long I have spent in each and % of achievements earned and then order them by play time.
I don't post on forums much but, I have to say something when someone FINALLY does this correctly on PC. It seems so basic but obviously, it's not. I'm just glad GOG gets it!
This is what creates loyalty and will keep players coming back to your platform.
And, before anyone say 'we'll I hate player profiles I just want to play the game without that crap' That's ok you can disable it if you want but more importantly just ignore it if you don't like it because others like myself love it.
Anyway, thank you GOG your user profiles are the best!
high rated
SirGrimDix: And, before anyone say 'we'll I hate player profiles I just want to play the game without that crap' That's ok you can disable it if you want but more importantly just ignore it if you don't like it because others like myself love it.
While I like your enthusiasm for GOG, I hope you can also appreciate the privacy concerns that (initially) mandatory, have to opt-out, public-by-default profiles bring. The profiles are awesome for those who want them, but that user consent is the key imo!
SirGrimDix: And, before anyone say 'we'll I hate player profiles I just want to play the game without that crap' That's ok you can disable it if you want but more importantly just ignore it if you don't like it because others like myself love it.
rjbuffchix: While I like your enthusiasm for GOG, I hope you can also appreciate the privacy concerns that (initially) mandatory, have to opt-out, public-by-default profiles bring. The profiles are awesome for those who want them, but that user consent is the key imo!
Yeah, I can appreciate that and can completely understand why people may find this very important.
I am just happy they made a beautiful user profile page and wanted to show my appreciation that they spent the time to do this. However, by no means, does this mean that privacy shouldn't be a priority.
I was just ignoring that as it didn't affect me and to my knowledge thought this had been resolved.
Thanks for the reply :)