It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
I don't see the point. Granted, I am not a steam hater, and treat both platforms as equal.
Ah, fucking shit.

You can only use Steam keys in the client?

Buggar all ding dang buffalo butt fucking hell.
yogsloth: because I won't deal with their shitty client.

Bizarre.

[EDIT] lol. How do you redeem a key on Steam? I can't find anything.
You have to deal with their client to redeem keys.
yogsloth: Ah, fucking shit.

Buggar all ding dang buffalo butt fucking hell.
Yep, this is cause you can only download games on Steam through the client. There is no other option like on gog.
This is why I like the store option on gog where you get actual installers.
Braid and Bit.Trip Runner were finally added to my account. Thank you GOG!
I just wanted to report, that it worked for me without even noticing. I was only getting the "OOPS, TRY AGAIN LATER" error after a long loop of waiting while the system was checking my Steam profile, and just out of curiosity I checked my GOG Library and the 8 Steam eligible games I had were already there with the "New" tag... I got no confirmation that it worked before, just errors (:P)
Post edited June 02, 2016 by Azrael360
yogsloth: Ah, fucking shit.

I installed the client, entered the codes and deleted it again when the games were added to my GOG account. For now I can forget again that I have a Steam account now.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by PaterAlf
yogsloth: You can only use Steam keys in the client?
PaterAlf: I nstalled the client, entered the codes and deleted it again when the games were added to my GOG account. For now I can forget again that I have a Steam account now.
I'll probably try this later from my home computer.

Is installing the client going to install a bunch of malware/adware-pushing crap onto my PC?
Someone knows if turning off the computer will cancel the connecting of the accounts?
yogsloth: Is installing the client going to install a bunch of malware/adware-pushing crap onto my PC?
Don't think so. At least I didn't realize anything.
I think I made a mistake with the feature. Well, in the afternoon, the website was buggy because of the number of person who were redeeming thier keys. I waited a bit and I saw that two of my steam games were available to redeem with Connect. I selected both but nothing happened next. The two games doesn't appear in my library.

Do I have to wait ? Have I made a mistake ?

Thanks for answering !
Most likely I will never use this, but nice move GOG.
mrkgnao: I'm still not sure that Alaric.us did either...
Lemon_Curry: Yeah, it was definitely ambiguous but the seriousness of his response to Shamy25 led me to believe he wasn't being ironic.
Oh. I missed that one. You're probably right.
A pity, the ironic reading is better.
sebarnolds: Ok, it seems it worked for the following games (though they are not yet in my library):
- Bit.Trip.Runner
- Braid
- VVVVVV
Apparently managed for those three (had 10 others but already owned them on gog) but they're not in my library either... don't know what's the exact process so I dunno if it'll work out in the end...
Still cannot connect with Steam. Absolutely no freakin' chance. It's just not working.