It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
browndj3: I'm guessing it's more a "keep your eyes peeled" thing, from the looks of the FAQ and other info they have. Lots of deals need to be made with publishers.
True, deals need to be made with pubs/devs, but I'd think that GOG didn't roll this out with having secured only the first batch of games. JMO, of course.

And the reason I asked for clarification is because the FAQ isn't exactly all that clear about this, so perhaps a blue-text one can chime in.
a MOD or somebody may want to see about stickying the answer to my question, as that will be the prevalent question of GOG Connect I'll wager....
Can't really say I like or dislike this feature as I'm not a fan of Steam to begin with. As long as I can remain "client free" and install my games and ONLY my games, I'm ok with it.

However, if anyone is looking to abandon Steam, this is the perfect chance to do it. Also, maybe if the switch shows enough interest, more and more developers will open their eyes and see that GOG has grown and has a large following behind it. Then maybe we will see some of those "Steam only" games come to GOG.
browndj3: As it was said, that's up to the developers and publishers. One can only hope that people don't blame GOG for games not on the list, especially when they've gone out of their way to give us such a wonderful gift.
well at least there is trine so trine 2 have to be close.
but what I really would like to see is Pillars of Eternity because I would like to buy the 2 dlc here on gog
gogamess: This is incredible, a big move to bring steam users to the GOG platform.
Thank you GOG team!. :)

I got this error:
YOUR ACCOUNTS ARE BEING CONNECTED
Due to exceedingly high demand this may take up to several days, please check back later. Thank you for your patience.

:(
It's not an error - this information means that you are queued and have to wait until your request is processed :)
Destro: It's not an error - this information means that you are queued and have to wait until your request is processed :)
Must we keep the connect page open or it's not necessary?
Post edited June 01, 2016 by Grargar
I tried again just now and it worked for me. Added these to my GOG account.

BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Braid
Breach & Clear
Breach & Clear: Deadline
Saints Row 2
Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring
To The Moon
Trine: Enchanted Edition
Two Worlds
Xenonauts

I never actually had any message or info pop up telling me I was successful. I kept getting the same messages as people here, got to the games added section, tried to add them and refreshed that numerous times, seemed to be unsuccessful, refreshed the entire page and started all over again. Then I checked my account and saw that the games had actually been added.
Post edited June 01, 2016 by seaspanky
This is just awesome.

I've been done with Steam ever since they tried to push payed mods together with Bethesda.

They are the epitome of a consumer UNFRIENDLY company that relies on monopolization of the market and if it wasn't for the EU strong arming them a little they'd probably be even worse.

I'd be happy if i don't have to go there at all to play my games.
high rated
Destro: It's not an error - this information means that you are queued and have to wait until your request is processed :)
Grargar: Must we keep the connect page open or it's not necessary?
not necessary at all
Destro: not necessary at all
Thanks. :)
can someone make video tutorial? i dont know how to add games via selected thumbnails... when i click at some it put me into store not import or what ever... and then... when i try it again its not working a saying i have to return after few days but my 5 days quota is already running...
Post edited June 01, 2016 by DukeNukemCZ
Smart, ballsy move GOG.
The-Business: GOG's program to redeem CD codes didn't get wide traction, so I have doubts that many developers will grant GOG the permission to let customers their games from Steam here.
Lemon_Curry: Yeah, so do I. This will probably end up like a typical GOG initiative: underdeveloped (and/or understaffed) and, eventually, abandoned.
Sadly so. For instance, we haven't seen any new movies in ages. Especially when you exclude the documentaries.masking as "movies".
Thank you so much! :)
The only games I have on Steam are Valves own. Next challenge for GOG is to get Half-life, Portal, etc here :).
Post edited June 01, 2016 by Mnemon