It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
ariefhs: Oops. I may have forgotten to include the link.
What I mean "the page" is actually here.
It isn't this forum page or anywhere else. Sorry.
GOG accounts libraries are not tied to ANY webpage. There is no magical webpage you can link that make repositores exist, and removes games from accounts when not online anymore.
So if it's not supported anymore.... why are the pages for it still there?

I trust you can see how this confuses people.
rambo919: So if it's not supported anymore.... why are the pages for it still there?

It's not that confusing really, since there are no games listed on that page. Even when they were running GOG connect, it only ever worked for games listed on that page and only while they were listed. GOG connect had long periods of hiatus between batches of games anyway.
You can seek out pretty much anything, pretty much anywhere, but just because it happen to exist, doesn't make it current or valid... It's not like it emblazoned on the front page vying for everyone's attention, or anything...
rambo919: So if it's not supported anymore.... why are the pages for it still there?

my name is supyreor catte: It's not that confusing really, since there are no games listed on that page. Even when they were running GOG connect, it only ever worked for games listed on that page and only while they were listed. GOG connect had long periods of hiatus between batches of games anyway.
This logic makes no sense,

"we don't sell games because no games are listed for sale, ignore the empty game shop pages, we don't see why we should remove them, we like the aesthetic of them existing"

What happened was an implicit promise that gog connect is a new feature that would run now and then.... and then it just stopped running..... and now it's being ignored..... like a neglected puppy.

If gog has effectively abandoned gog connect it would at least be more honest to say so and clean up their site.
rambo919: ...
I absolutely agree that "GOG Connect" pages are very confusing. It was the case even when this service was periodically active (before events a lot of people asked here what's going on and why there're no games available for them). I'll try to contact GOG team on Polish forum and let them know they should do as you suggest - hide this page, at least by removing direct links from a page footer.
rambo919: This logic makes no sense,

"we don't sell games because no games are listed for sale, ignore the empty game shop pages, we don't see why we should remove them, we like the aesthetic of them existing"

What happened was an implicit promise that gog connect is a new feature that would run now and then.... and then it just stopped running..... and now it's being ignored..... like a neglected puppy.

If gog has effectively abandoned gog connect it would at least be more honest to say so and clean up their site.
I see no problem with them keeping the door open to possibly use again in the future. Sure the page still exists, but it's not as if they're actively signposting the way there. Keeping the link in the footer isn't exactly actively sending people there. To use your analogy, the shelf you're talking about is in the back room.
Post edited November 13, 2021 by ettac orrazib si eman ym
would be nice to get support on games I don't own on GOG. such as Icarus or the Toplitz new titles as Farmer's Dynesty 2 and Vampire Dyne, maybe somc of the classics that are great but ignored like "Murder in the Abby" (Director's Cut) Knights of the Old republic II(original version non fan patched knock off)
Me, seeing a thread from 2016.
neosapian:
Connect is dead, no longer available. Even the page at the bottom was deleted.
Open poll: If you had the option to bring back one of those, which one would you choose?

A- Fair Price Program
B- GOG Connect
C- GOG Downloader
Lone_Scout: Open poll: If you had the option to bring back one of those, which one would you choose?

A- Fair Price Program
B- GOG Connect
C- GOG Downloader
Easily A, since it's the only one I ever, though rarely, got anything out of.
Lone_Scout: Open poll: If you had the option to bring back one of those, which one would you choose?

A- Fair Price Program
B- GOG Connect
C- GOG Downloader
D- GoGmixes. It was nice to have user and creator made blurbs on various games along with the recommendation of the community in a centralized way.

Plus, it was ahead of the curve of Steams Curator feature. Dumb they took it away.
Post edited December 20, 2023 by Darvond
high rated
E - A good download speed again.

Dumbest thing GOG have ever done, sell you games then give you a lousy download speed, that used to be great.
gogmixes : )