It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

10 more to get 1300 sales...
Is this a good Shmup?
Stooner: Is this a good Shmup?
I've only heard good things.
SirPrimalform: I've only heard good things.
It looks like, but it's a Bullet Hell kind, or more of a Gradius/R-Type kind?
(guess I'll watch some video ;p)
It is a good "Shmup". It's a mix between Defender and Gradius, with modern graphics and good music. Also great action and sfx, and supports gamepads.
Post edited November 20, 2012 by Azrael360
Stooner: It looks like, but it's a Bullet Hell kind, or more of a Gradius/R-Type kind?
(guess I'll watch some video ;p)
The impression I get from the videos is that it's not forced scrolling like most shmups, you can face different directions and progress through the levels yourself (instead of the camera moving you along).
Azrael360: It is a good "Shmup". It's a mix between Defender and Gradius, with modern graphics and good music. Also great action and sfx, and supports gamepads.
Thanks, I also got this feeling after watching the Desura video!
(wasn't remembering Defender, but now I got it... ;p)

SirPrimalform: The impression I get from the videos is that it's not forced scrolling like most shmups, you can face different directions and progress through the levels yourself (instead of the camera moving you along).
I think it's the Defender comparison that Azrael360 said... ;p

Looks nice but I can't buy now, maybe next time!..
Stooner: I think it's the Defender comparison that Azrael360 said... ;p
I never played Defender. =(

3 more to go!
Post edited November 20, 2012 by SirPrimalform
SirPrimalform: I never played Defender. =(
:(
I played just a little, long, long time ago...
But you should!

1,301 already... :P
The new game is Aztaka :)

Also, from the blog: "Please note that the minimum beat the average is set to $1.01. In the first few hours, a sale average price can be lower than this and will not get you bonus content."

I would wish they've included that in the last game post. I failed to pay an extra $0.01 to get the bonus soundtrack... and missed it, even if the average price for that one was $0.95 at the moment when I paid $1.00... :P

EDIT:
I bought Aztaka with the bonus content. The soundtrack is nice and relaxing (in MP3/CBR/256 kbps), but the Art Book (in PDF, 68 pages) is only in French... :P
Post edited November 21, 2012 by Azrael360
The devs said in january they were making updates, changing the beginning of the game so it would be less boring (I thought the demo was pretty boring, and it's the beginning, so that would be welcome), implementing auto-pickup of energy and so on.

They said this would all come along with the mac version, which is apparently being released in this IGS. So, I'm wondering, did they make these changes, or, considering it's been a while since they've said anything, did they just make the mac port and are done with it?
Post edited November 21, 2012 by Drakhyrr
Drakhyrr: So, I'm wondering, did they make these changes, or, considering it's been a while since they've said anything, did they just make the mac port and are done with it?
I've never played this game before, so I don't know about that. For now, I'm downloading the standalone installer, which by the way, it says "v1.53", if that helps...
Drakhyrr: So, I'm wondering, did they make these changes, or, considering it's been a while since they've said anything, did they just make the mac port and are done with it?
Azrael360: I've never played this game before, so I don't know about that. For now, I'm downloading the standalone installer, which by the way, it says "v1.53", if that helps...
I've got Aztaka from the "Indie Games Summer Six Pack", which was around June 2011, and the version from that bundle is 1.52, so at least something had changed over the year.
Aztaka is totally worth it. Just saying. The art alone is gorgeous.
johnki: Aztaka is totally worth it. Just saying. The art alone is gorgeous.
second this notion