It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I know that when you pay via paypal, in the paypal item description window it'll tell you if you're getting a BTA purchase. I'm not sure if that helps because I've never had that sort of error yet, but it's something to check for if you're buying anything from IGS.
SirPrimalform: The 5 minute window is a good idea, but there needs to be some warning if the average has risen.
It's very much not a good idea imho, I doubt that it's even legal (with or without notification, though that probably depends on the country they're in).

If they want a 5 minute window, they need to disable the buy button after 5 minutes.

They can't bait their customers with one offer, and then switch part of it while he's in the payment process.That's immoral and legally questionable, even if they are just being naive (which is the most likely scenario imho).

However, I have to say that with their contradictory definition of DRM-free, and now these bait-and-switch tactics, my appreciation of their service begins to dissolve. Plus, they didn't have so many good offers so far anyway.
Post edited November 17, 2012 by Psyringe
Psyringe: If they want a 5 minute window, they need to disable the buy button after 5 minutes.
That's exactly what I said when I had to write to their support because of missing extras. I meant the 5 minute window is in itself a good idea (rather than just having the average update straight away).

I agree that the current setup is terrible, that's why I suggested disabling the buy button when the timer runs out. This would force the buyer to refresh the page, updating the average (hopefully obviously).
Psyringe: However, I have to say that with their contradictory definition of DRM-free, and now these bait-and-switch tactics, my appreciation of their service begins to dissolve. Plus, they didn't have so many good offers so far anyway.
They've fixed the DRM-free thing sort of... they've taken the big 'All our games are DRM-free!' sign down and they now label the games individually.
Post edited November 17, 2012 by SirPrimalform
I was going to ask the devs for a Desura key as I got it in the Greenlight bundle, but I felt like I'd have been too much of a cheap ass for doing so. I liked the game so I don't have a problem spending another dollar on it again.
New game hint: How about a game of Hangman for the next game _ _ _ _ _ _
SCPM: New game hint: How about a game of Hangman for the next game _ _ _ _ _ _
sooo... a game with a 6 letter word.... probably some connections with words. there was this hangman-platform hybrid game, its name eludes me right now (it is in the Off the beaten track thread) but I think it was a free game.

edit:

found it - http://langman.vonlehecreative.com/, and it is online.
Post edited November 20, 2012 by amok
They've added 2 more hints: There is no E but there is an A. Going by their covers, it could be or [url=http://www.desura.com/games/vizati]Vizati.
Edit: Or Aztaka
Edit 2: Or if they're going by partial title, Avadon
Post edited November 20, 2012 by SCPM
and ignore... damed ninjas
Post edited November 20, 2012 by amok
Looks like it's going to be Aztaka:
http://imgur.com/aB8EN
SCPM: Looks like it's going to be Aztaka:
http://imgur.com/aB8EN
And it is actually quite a decent game. A little bit of a slow starter, but not bad at all. Recommended to everyone who do not have it yet.
Oh look - 166 more sales and Studio Evil add a new player ship to the game.
Barefoot_Monkey: Oh look - 166 more sales and Studio Evil add a new player ship to the game.
That would certainly be cool... bumping in case it helps sales. :P
wrong thread
Post edited November 20, 2012 by Psyringe
Only 16 more sales needed before they add an extra ship! They'd be cruel to not do if if they didn't quite make it to 1300 now.
I forgot to buy this before, glad the topic got bumped before it ended.

13 left right now to get the ship, should be able to hit that in the next 2 hours 15 min.