It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Niggles: Looks interesting. But BTA is a bit high due to the top two guys paying $10 AGAIN.....
It's probably the parents of whoever runs IGS.
Im all for paying whatever, but every single time right at the start, there are two if not three people constantly paying 10 bucks on each game
Post edited March 12, 2014 by Niggles
Niggles: Im all for paying whatever, but every single time right at the start, there are two if not three people constantly paying 10 bucks on each game
It is just under 2 dollars for 2 highly interesting sounding games. So whatever, I bought it and also again as a gift for a friend.
As a fan of RPG maker games I can't pass this deal.. BTA here I come!
Not a big fan of RPG maker games, but I wanna try another one. Question is, this or the one on Groupees?
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_ill_pay_what_you_want_data_hacker_corruption_giveaway
For anyone wanting a shot.
Stooner: Not a big fan of RPG maker games, but I wanna try another one. Question is, this or the one on Groupees?
If you get this one, you should BTA because otherwise you'll get the second game in the series but not the first one.
Stooner: Not a big fan of RPG maker games, but I wanna try another one. Question is, this or the one on Groupees?
kalirion: If you get this one, you should BTA because otherwise you'll get the second game in the series but not the first one.
Oh.. didn't notice that, thank you!
I think I'll try the demo from Groupees before deciding anything... btw, there's something that would help me decide.. in both games, there's no random encounters, right?
Does anyone know if Data Hacker Corruption & Data Hacker Initiation are the complete Data Hacker series?

Edit:
Just read this on the offical site, so it would appear the answer is that it is indeed the complete series.
SpellSword: Data Hacker: Corruption

"This game concluded the 2D Data Hacker RPG games."
It also appears they are remaking the series in 3D? Nifty! ^_^
Post edited March 12, 2014 by SpellSword
kalirion: If you get this one, you should BTA because otherwise you'll get the second game in the series but not the first one.
Stooner: Oh.. didn't notice that, thank you!
I think I'll try the demo from Groupees before deciding anything... btw, there's something that would help me decide.. in both games, there's no random encounters, right?
No the one on Groupees spotlight right now is Eternal Eden, a puzzle-adventure game done with RPG maker afaik. But on the official site of Data Hacker's, you can get a free guide for the first, and demos for both.

Here : http://www.newrealitygames.co.uk/#!retrorpgs/cief

Now I'm waiting and asking on Desura to the officials if we get keys there, the first is available for long.
koima57: Eternal Eden, a puzzle-adventure game done with RPG maker afaik.
It's still a JRPG with JRPG battles, though the encounters are non-random. You can see enemies in the level, and they don't respawn after being killed. That and the puzzles might make it similar to Lufia 2 in some ways :)

Not sure about Data Hacker.
koima57: Eternal Eden, a puzzle-adventure game done with RPG maker afaik.
kalirion: It's still a JRPG with JRPG battles, though the encounters are non-random. You can see enemies in the level, and they don't respawn after being killed. That and the puzzles might make it similar to Lufia 2 in some ways :)

Thanks, I will look closer to that spotlight indeed, the few Youtube videos turned me way off, I hate puzzles and just found that at first typing.. While I love RPG games and maker engine.. Conflicted! :P
kalirion: It's still a JRPG with JRPG battles, though the encounters are non-random. You can see enemies in the level, and they don't respawn after being killed. That and the puzzles might make it similar to Lufia 2 in some ways :)

koima57: Thanks, I will look closer to that spotlight indeed, the few Youtube videos turned me way off, I hate puzzles and just found that at first typing.. While I love RPG games and maker engine.. Conflicted! :P
Geez, this game is not about puzzles, it's typical RPG Maker game and I quite like it. ;)
RPG-maker games can be really good. It just requires a talented person making the game. As with every other tool with a low barrier of entry, expect a lot of garbage for every actual good thing coming out of it.

I love Lufia... ;p

AFnord: RPG-maker games can be really good. It just requires a talented person making the game. As with every other tool with a low barrier of entry, expect a lot of garbage for every actual good thing coming out of it.
Yeah, I believe in that too... but I also think the tool is very limited, and the games turns out to be all the same (with exceptions, of course) with the same mechanics. Unfortunately, I'm not able to have a "SNES-feeling" while playing those games...

But I guess I'll give this Eternal thing a go... :)