It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I skipped the last few IGS deals, but got this one.

Three complete games with Desura keys was worth it to BTA.
SpyLeaks is pretty great. Interesting mix of action, puzzle and stealth.
Tried the D&D demo for a bit - pretty fun and amusing, so its a buy for me.
After what I wrote here:
Azrael360:
I sent an e-mail to IndieGameStand, and 3 hours ago I received a reply:

"Thanks for letting us know - we uploaded an uncorrupted version 1.45 and contacted the developer about the new file they uploaded last night."

By the way, the current version of the game is v1.5.0.3 (on Desura).
Azrael360: After what I wrote here:
Azrael360:
Azrael360: I sent an e-mail to IndieGameStand, and 3 hours ago I received a reply:

"Thanks for letting us know - we uploaded an uncorrupted version 1.45 and contacted the developer about the new file they uploaded last night."

By the way, the current version of the game is v1.5.0.3 (on Desura).
Is this game good? Should I buy it or not?
This.... they called a classic JRPG?

I imagine some tongue in cheek was involved.... I really hope so ...
It has random battles?
Is there actual noteworthy gameplay, or does it try to ride purely on parody?
triock: Is this game good? Should I buy it or not?
I haven't played it yet, and right now I have to go out to downtown (:P). I'll be back in about 2 or 3 hours. As soon as I can I'll play it and leave some feedback here, but I upvoted for it on Greenlight some time ago because it looked good, funny & cute... (:P)
Stooner: It has random battles?
Yes. Too bad it didn't do away from that particular convention.
triock: Is this game good? Should I buy it or not?
I played it for a little over of 25-30 minutes, so my first impression could be not accurate, but, yes it is good. Actually it is much better than I expected.

I don't really care if a game was made with RPG Maker, or if it was ported to XNA, or made using XNA. If this type of games are well polished, with good gameplay, characters and story, that's all I need, and this game has all that, plus some really nice graphics with nice details and effects (I was expecting much less). The story is kind of funny, with some "Ha Ha!" moments. The gameplay system is exactly like Final Fantasy IV, V and VI, with random battles and fights using turns. And because it was developed using XNA, it completly supports an Xbox 360 controller. Also, you can save anywhere using different slots. Music and sound are nice, but nothing impressive.

For an indie game, it is really good. Paying up to $3 is worthy and it won't be a loss. The real price of this game is $4.99 on Desura and it's still worthy, but only if you like this type of games (retro JRPG). Personally, I'm very satisfied with the game. It has a lot of elements, items, quests... so yeah, it seems really OK. ^_^
Azrael360: snip
Okay, thanks for this mate, I will buy it then. :D And +rep for you. ;)
triock: Okay, thanks for this mate, I will buy it then. :D And +rep for you. ;)
No problem, and thanks for the +rep ^_^
By the way, if you don't want to fight in these random battles, you can use an "escape" command...
triock: Okay, thanks for this mate, I will buy it then. :D And +rep for you. ;)
Azrael360: No problem, and thanks for the +rep ^_^
By the way, if you don't want to fight in these random battles, you can use an "escape" command...
Good to know, thanks. :D
Cool thing about the battle system - Speed attribute plays a large part, not just for initiative but when the NEXT time the character can attack. Different special attacks also set a character "back" different amounts. A faster character can actually get more turns over the course of a battle, and there's a "turn ruler" type thing that lets you know the order in which characters and monsters will get their turns. This helps you prioritise which monsters to target first so that if possible you can kill them before they take their turns.

Also, unlike most JRPGs, you actually get to decide which attributes to increase on level-up. If you want to keep raising your mage's Strength, its up to you!
Post edited March 09, 2013 by kalirion