It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ville.monkkonen: Hi everybody! The brand new Driftmoon launch trailer is now out!

Here's a direct youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GrBSUK6XI8g

Ps. The never-expiring Driftmoon discount code is still available through our demo up until the end of February.
kalirion: Oh wow, when did Driftmoon switch from the pure top-down perspective? I'm liking this look more...

What are the minimum / recommended system requirements?
My wife (who is largely a non-gamer) plays this almost daily on her Acer netbook from 2007, and it works like a charm. Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but from what I've seen Driftmoon would run on pretty much anything.
ville.monkkonen: Thanks for replying to kalirion, JaqFrost! :)

And in reply to kalirion's question, we've tried to keep the computer requirements for Driftmoon as low as possible. If your machine runs a Windows XP smoothly, there's a good chance it'll run Driftmoon just fine. But you can easily find out by giving the demo a spin. ;)
kalirion: Yes, just played the groupees demo last night, it ran fine at 1360x768, though framerate sometimes dropped into 20s in the outside areas. Seems the groupees demo hasn't been updated with the isometric view yet though.

Ending the demo at the beginning of a boss fight seems a bit cruel though ;)
if you get the demo from the website, then you will get the newest version with the isometric view. But I understand that the groupees version is a little longer.
kalirion: Yes, just played the groupees demo last night, it ran fine at 1360x768, though framerate sometimes dropped into 20s in the outside areas.
That was my experience, too. The demo didn't always run as smoothly as I would like on my old desktop PC with onboard graphic card (that is, not always the best framerate), but it worked well enough to play through it and make me pre-order it.
Hmm, with the addition of the isometric perspective (is it optional or required, btw?), is there by chance a way to rotate the view? You know, to see who is shooting you from the south :)
kalirion: Hmm, with the addition of the isometric perspective (is it optional or required, btw?), is there by chance a way to rotate the view? You know, to see who is shooting you from the south :)
Short answers - Optional and No (at least I could not see a way to do so)
Hi again!

Glad to hear you've been able to play Driftmoon with relatively old hardware!

If you find certain spots in the game in which the framerate is much slower on your computer, we'd gladly hear about it, if you want to drop us a line. (The best way to send feedback is to press the letter F while playing.) It may be possible for us to fix the framerate in some spots, as long as we know about them first. :) (Even our oldest computer runs Driftmoon so fast, that we don't really get to see a real framerate drop ourselves...

We'll also be updating the Groupees beta build to include all our new goodies (but I'm afraid we have to leave that for later, after all this release rush calms down a bit).

It'll always be possible to tilt the camera angle back up using Page Up (and down with Page Down). Noticing who is shooting you is usually not a problem, because you can always zoom out pretty far. Rotating the view is something we aren't thinking of allowing, because we want to make sure you can find all the things that you're supposed to find (wouldn't want a table get in the way of you noticing an artifact that you simply have to have to continue the adventure). :)
Launch trailer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GrBSUK6XI8g#!

Article!
http://www.indiegamemag.com/adventure-rpg-driftmoon-gets-a-launch-trailer/
Just started on the latest beta. I was wondering about the looting mechanics. What kind of items can be picked up from a distance, and what do you have to walk up close to to pick up?
lowyhong: Just started on the latest beta. I was wondering about the looting mechanics. What kind of items can be picked up from a distance, and what do you have to walk up close to to pick up?
If it's something that you have to "use", like a berry bush, from which you pick berries, you have to get closer to it. If it's just a single object you can pick up (=most things), we haven't wanted to force you to take those empty steps all the way to the thing. :)
Cool thanks!
Nvm
Post edited February 26, 2013 by lowyhong
lowyhong: snip
If you increase the difficulty setting, it should become more challenging. Playing on normal is supposed to be combat-light from what Anne has said elsewhere... Desura, I think. I love the sunshiny setting! Perfect antidote to a shitty day. =D
Post edited February 26, 2013 by JaqFrost
By 'simpler', though, I was referring to character creation and building ;)
Post edited February 24, 2013 by lowyhong
Is there any kind of Newgame+ or similar for replay value?
kalirion: Is there any kind of Newgame+ or similar for replay value?
First of all, there's naturally the different difficulty levels. Some things in the game will also be different in a new game, regardless of the difficulty level, like the location of some of the objects/ingredients that you can find, as well as the chitchat of some of the NPCs.

But what's more important for replay value, is the powerful editor and the one-click mod sharing system. We're very happy that Driftmoon already comes with a number of mods, even though the game is only just about to be released. :)