It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I might buy this day one at GOG. I could go for a good WRPG that's not Medieval/Sci-fi.
ville.monkkonen: Hi everyone! We're very excited about Driftmoon joining the excellent games selection here at GOG.com. Less than two weeks to go now... :)

dirtyharry50: Are you doing a OS X version too by any chance? I hope so! ;-)
ville.monkkonen: We'd really like to give our players versions for Mac and Linux, maybe even some other platforms! If Driftmoon does well, we're definitely planning on porting, so it's really only a question of resources.

So far it's looking pretty good, so even thought we can't promise it with certainty yet, I'd say that there's a good chance that we'll be able to port Driftmoon for all of you. :)
Thank you. That is very nice to hear. The trailer on your site looks really good, well the game looks really good is what I mean. :D
Ric1987: I might buy this day one at GOG. I could go for a good WRPG that's not Medieval/Sci-fi.
Sounds good! :)

dirtyharry50: Thank you. That is very nice to hear. The trailer on your site looks really good, well the game looks really good is what I mean. :D
That particular trailer is more than a year old, so the game actually looks much, much better graphics-wise. Wait till you see our new trailer! (We haven't actually seen it yet ourselves, but we're certainly hoping it'll turn out nice. ;)
Juego terminado. What a refreshing game. I see that Reaver894 has his name in the credits :)
I know it's been asked before, but just to double-confirm: @Ville how different is the current beta build now from the final version? I'm tempted to start playing immediately, but if there's going to be more content in the release build, I might as well wait for it.
Post edited February 18, 2013 by lowyhong
lowyhong: I know it's been asked before, but just to double-confirm: @Ville how different is the current beta build now from the final version? I'm tempted to start playing immediately, but if there's going to be more content in the release build, I might as well wait for it.
Rest assured, any possible changes will be extremely minimal. :)

We're planning on releasing one more update before the release on the 26th of February. During this coming week, we're also hoping to get some testing help from our enthusiastic players, since we'd really love to get the whole game as bug-free as possible for release. So if anyone's interested, you're very welcome to join in! If you notice anything strange, press "F" while playing, and write us a little feedback message.
Can someone explain to me why this game is appealing?. RPG and a top down view (doesnt appeal to me as a few other games ive tried with the same view type didn't work for me either...)
nijuu: Can someone explain to me why this game is appealing?. RPG and a top down view (doesnt appeal to me as a few other games ive tried with the same view type didn't work for me either...)
It is easy enough, there is a free demo. Try it and see for yourself.

If it is not your thing - then it is not your thing.

Edit - demo is here: http://www.instantkingdom.com/driftmoon/
Post edited February 20, 2013 by amok
nijuu: Can someone explain to me why this game is appealing?. RPG and a top down view (doesnt appeal to me as a few other games ive tried with the same view type didn't work for me either...)
amok: It is easy enough, there is a free demo. Try it and see for yourself.

If it is not your thing - then it is not your thing.

Edit - demo is here: http://www.instantkingdom.com/driftmoon/
Thanks. Will try it out :)
Hi everybody! The brand new Driftmoon launch trailer is now out!

Here's a direct youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GrBSUK6XI8g

Ps. The never-expiring Driftmoon discount code is still available through our demo up until the end of February.
ville.monkkonen: Hi everybody! The brand new Driftmoon launch trailer is now out!

Here's a direct youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GrBSUK6XI8g

Ps. The never-expiring Driftmoon discount code is still available through our demo up until the end of February.
Oh wow, when did Driftmoon switch from the pure top-down perspective? I'm liking this look more...

What are the minimum / recommended system requirements?
Post edited February 20, 2013 by kalirion
kalirion: Oh wow, when did Driftmoon switch from the pure top-down perspective? I'm liking this look more...

It works on an old rickety netbook with the usual specs, so I assume it'll function just fine on whatever you normally use for gaming.

The tilted perspective showed up a couple of updates ago and I'm really liking it too. =)
kalirion: Oh wow, when did Driftmoon switch from the pure top-down perspective? I'm liking this look more...

JaqFrost: It works on an old rickety netbook with the usual specs, so I assume it'll function just fine on whatever you normally use for gaming.

The tilted perspective showed up a couple of updates ago and I'm really liking it too. =)
Thanks!
JaqFrost: It works on an old rickety netbook with the usual specs, so I assume it'll function just fine on whatever you normally use for gaming.

kalirion: Thanks!
Thanks for replying to kalirion, JaqFrost! :)

And in reply to kalirion's question, we've tried to keep the computer requirements for Driftmoon as low as possible. If your machine runs a Windows XP smoothly, there's a good chance it'll run Driftmoon just fine. But you can easily find out by giving the demo a spin. ;)
Post edited February 21, 2013 by ville.monkkonen
kalirion: Thanks!
ville.monkkonen: Thanks for replying to kalirion, JaqFrost! :)

And in reply to kalirion's question, we've tried to keep the computer requirements for Driftmoon as low as possible. If your machine runs a Windows XP smoothly, there's a good chance it'll run Driftmoon just fine. But you can easily find out by giving the demo a spin. ;)
Yes, just played the groupees demo last night, it ran fine at 1360x768, though framerate sometimes dropped into 20s in the outside areas. Seems the groupees demo hasn't been updated with the isometric view yet though.

Ending the demo at the beginning of a boss fight seems a bit cruel though ;)
Post edited February 21, 2013 by kalirion