It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Huff: I'm surprised that there are so few voted for this on the wishlist. I've been keeping any eye on this and Antharion for a while.

Looking forward to the final release
there has been hints dropped that it may get a GOg release...
Aw yeah 20-28 Feb! :D
http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?rwsiteid=1&newsbit=21356
Ooo, awesome! I really hope it comes to GOG too.
JaqFrost: Ooo, awesome! I really hope it comes to GOG too.
I'll eat my hat if it doesn't.

*scurries off to find an edible hat*
Update on the Official site

The biggest secret of Driftmoon!

The biggest secret of Driftmoon is that it's actually 3D! I bet you thought that it was purely a top-down game, right? Maybe you thought that it would be impossible to turn the camera, even a tiny fraction? Actually that was completely true a week ago, when we suddenly started wondering how the game would look from a more angled viewpoint, and in a mad coding frenzy got to work.

http://www.instantkingdom.com/
Is there a release date yet for this do you know?
F1ach: Is there a release date yet for this do you know?
According to IndieRPGs the release date for Driftmoon is between the 20th and 28th of February
Ah, thats cool, thanks for the heads up! :)
Huff: Update on the Official site

The biggest secret of Driftmoon is that it's actually 3D! I bet you thought that it was purely a top-down game, right? Maybe you thought that it would be impossible to turn the camera, even a tiny fraction? Actually that was completely true a week ago, when we suddenly started wondering how the game would look from a more angled viewpoint, and in a mad coding frenzy got to work.

Awesome. Love the screenshot of the tilted view... even though that apparently isn't the biggest secret. =D Looking forward to the official release!

That... that's beautiful...

I mean I don't mind top-down, but this looks a lot better to me. Thanks for the link!

So Ville decided to do 3D models for character/npc/monsters after all at some point? I'm pretty sure driftmoon world has been 3D from start and top down camera was due to charater, npc etc. models actually being flat sprites.
Post edited January 28, 2013 by Petrell
Ah, Driftmoon... love that game. This gets me excited; can't wait for the next update.
fortune_p_dawg: Ah, Driftmoon... love that game. This gets me excited; can't wait for the next update.
No need to wait any longer: The new Driftmoon beta, with the tilted viewing angle, and other graphical enhancements, has just been released!

The long, free demo is available for everyone to download through our site, and for our preorderers can play the adventure from start to finish!

Our never-expiring discount code will be available through the demo up until the end of this month. So if you don't have it yet, be sure to pick it up soon!

Ps. We should also have some other good news to share with you soon. But more about that later... :)
fortune_p_dawg: Ah, Driftmoon... love that game. This gets me excited; can't wait for the next update.
ville.monkkonen: No need to wait any longer: The new Driftmoon beta, with the tilted viewing angle, and other graphical enhancements, has just been released!

The long, free demo is available for everyone to download through our site, and for our preorderers can play the adventure from start to finish!

Our never-expiring discount code will be available through the demo up until the end of this month. So if you don't have it yet, be sure to pick it up soon!

Ps. We should also have some other good news to share with you soon. But more about that later... :)
Cheers - downloading new version now

(though I am one of those who prefer the straight top-down angle. reminded me of a couple of Amiga games)
Got a question for you Ville: what are the chances those who preorder will get a GOG code, supposing Driftmoon makes it here?