It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

phaolo: How reliable are these awards?
What about Owlboy, Enter the Gungeon, Darkest Dungeon, Superhot, etc?
Virginia in almost every category isn't a good sign..
They award games of developers who entered their games into the contest – with a 75$ entry fee. Which is what finances the award, I guess. It's not necessarily a crooked way of stomping such award ceremonies out of the ground (e.g. the Spectrum awards, which present sci-fi and fantasy art, work the same way), but of course if the developers don't enter and payola, their work won't be considered. :|
Literally what. I don't recognize a single game, so I'm willing to bet it's all artsy crap no one cares about.

EDIT: Oh, except for Stardew Valley.
Post edited March 01, 2017 by Crosmando
I'm seriously astonished that Night in the Woods only got a honorable mention in visual art. But it probably came out too late to get something more.
Thank god Warren Beatty didn't hand out any of these.
This year's nominees really didn't grab me. It's either stuff I'm familiar with but not crazy about (Stardew Valley is great, but not "give this game an award!" level great), or stuff I'm just not interested in.

I guess not every year can be like the time when it presented me with both The Stanley Parable and Gorogoa.
Impaler26: That's strange. The free bonus game isn't even available on Steam, just as DRM-Free download at Humble. So why would you need to link your Steam account then??
PaterAlf: No idea. I've sent a mail to support. Guess we will have to wait what they have to say (if they answer at all, their support isn't the best).
It worked for me just now, using paypal. So maybe they even read support tickets.
Thanks.
Post edited March 01, 2017 by rgnrk
DaCostaBR: [...] Gorogoa.
Still waiting for it to be released....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/557600/
DaCostaBR: [...] Gorogoa.
amok: Still waiting for it to be released....

Old Man's Journey also had an honorable mention and it's not out yet...
amok: Still waiting for it to be released....

The demo itself was good enough that I'm sincerely glad to have played it.

It seems like Spring 2017 might finally be the date.
WINNERS!

Seumas McNally Grand Prize
Quadrilateral Cowboy (Blendo Games)

Excellence in Narrative
Ladykiller in a Bind (Love Conquers All Games)

Excellence in Audio
GoNNER (Art in Heart)

Excellence in Design
Quadrilateral Cowboy (Blendo Games)

Excellence in Visual Art
Hyper Light Drifter (Heart Machine)

Nuovo Award
Oiκοςpiel, Book I (David Kanaga)

Best Student Game
Un Pas Fragile (Géraud de Courrèges, Alisée Preud'homme, Gregory Parisi, Gaspard Morel)

Audience Award
Hyper Light Drifter (Heart Machine)

alt.ctrl.GDC Award
Fear Sphere (New Arcade)

I am pleased to see Quadrilateral Cowboy getting two of them
amok: I am pleased to see Quadrilateral Cowboy getting two of them
So what's good about it? The blurbs on the website are ass, and the game itself is presented as a retro-pretentious Uplink.
I think its great that the IGF is celebrating and rewarding friendship in the indie scene. Gods bless 'em.
Getting back to the Humble sale, anyone interested in Un Pas Fragile and nothing else in that sale, know that you can actually buy it for 0.99€ (or $0.99 I guess) even though there's no buying button in its game card.

All you have to do is add the game to your wishlist, and there you'll be able to add it to you cart.
muntdefems: Getting back to the Humble sale, anyone interested in Un Pas Fragile and nothing else in that sale, know that you can actually buy it for 0.99€ (or $0.99 I guess) even though there's no buying button in its game card.

All you have to do is add the game to your wishlist, and there you'll be able to add it to you cart.
Had I only known this earlier... Now I've bought Wheels of Aurelia to get it.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/wheels-of-aurelia

But that's okay, looks kind of interesting, anyway. Thanks for the pro-tip, though.