It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An open-world, tactical turn-based RPG in a low-fantasy setting from David Kaleta is now available In Development on GOG.COM. Urtuk: The Desolation will let you guide your band of adventurers through the ancient ruins, recruit new followers, and do your best to survive in harsh and unforgiving realm.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
Post edited March 02, 2020 by JudasIscariot
Nice one!
Somehow, it seems lately that every project I follow on itch.io ends up appearing here. Wishlisted and will probably buy soon.
Seems to have a lot of similarities with Fell Seal The Arbiter's Mark. And that's a good thing:)
Very promising! Hopefully not a generic addition to the genre (RPG/TB tactics)
what is low-fantasy?
Orkhepaj: what is low-fantasy?
Usually a setting where most fantasy elements are rare. Dwarves, elves, mythical creatures like dragons, magic, undead etc might exist in such a setting but you wouldn't expect to encounter them with any regularity. Depends on the setting of course as some fantasy elements might be more common than others. I don't know anything about this game's setting to tell you one way or another about its world.
tremere110: Usually a setting where most fantasy elements are rare. Dwarves, elves, mythical creatures like dragons, magic, undead etc might exist in such a setting but you wouldn't expect to encounter them with any regularity. Depends on the setting of course as some fantasy elements might be more common than others. I don't know anything about this game's setting to tell you one way or another about its world.
Hmm , looking at the game pictures there are plenty of monsters, it doesn't seems this fit this low-fantasy definition.
Low fantasy like Game of Thrones first seasons?
tremere110: Usually a setting where most fantasy elements are rare. Dwarves, elves, mythical creatures like dragons, magic, undead etc might exist in such a setting but you wouldn't expect to encounter them with any regularity. Depends on the setting of course as some fantasy elements might be more common than others. I don't know anything about this game's setting to tell you one way or another about its world.
Orkhepaj: Hmm , looking at the game pictures there are plenty of monsters, it doesn't seems this fit this low-fantasy definition.
Reading the game description:

The game world is a place of toil, suffering and darkness. There are no elves, dwarfs, dragons or other classical fantasy creatures. There are some light magical elements, but no overwhelmingly powerful sorcerers either.
I'm guessing monsters might be the only common fantasy element in the game. Like I said, some elements may be more common than others. As long as most fantasy elements are rare it can still be considered low fantasy.
Post edited March 02, 2020 by tremere110
Orkhepaj: Hmm , looking at the game pictures there are plenty of monsters, it doesn't seems this fit this low-fantasy definition.
tremere110: Reading the game description:

The game world is a place of toil, suffering and darkness. There are no elves, dwarfs, dragons or other classical fantasy creatures. There are some light magical elements, but no overwhelmingly powerful sorcerers either.
tremere110: I'm guessing monsters might be the only common fantasy element in the game. Like I said, some elements may be more common than others. As long as most fantasy elements are rare it can still be considered low fantasy.
So if it is not classic fantasy with tolkeins races magic then it is low fantasy i get it :P
I always read that as "you can't cast fireball into your enemy's face". So, another term for low magic. Both are close enough to be used interchangeably by people who DO like to throw fireballs around (like me, though there are exceptions).
How lucky. Just this weekend i saw a longplay of this game. The battle maps seemed very similar, but otherwise looks like my kind of game.
High fantasy is elves and magic.
Low fantasy is fantasy, but somewhat less fantastical.
Yay, looks great! Wishlisted!
nightcraw1er.488: High fantasy is elves and magic.
Low fantasy is fantasy, but somewhat less fantastical.
Like a marriage between dwarf and elf.
Looks interesting, will be definitely on a look out for this one :)