It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Block by block, build quaint island towns with curvy streets, small hamlets, soaring cathedrals, canal networks, or sky cities on stilts. Townscaper is now available as a game in development on GOG.COM!

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
This is just a virtual bucket of Lego blocks with a cute art style. I admit it is pretty, but the total lack of gameplay kills it for me.
Zoidberg: Like a Blender export or something? :D

Nice, I wanted to play with this! :)
TZODnmr2k5: Better yet, import into Unreal 5!
How the heck is it better to do something more narrow?!
joppo: This is just a virtual bucket of Lego blocks with a cute art style. I admit it is pretty, but the total lack of gameplay kills it for me.
It's said in the description that it is more of a toy than a game.
Post edited July 02, 2021 by Zoidberg
joppo: This is just a virtual bucket of Lego blocks with a cute art style. I admit it is pretty, but the total lack of gameplay kills it for me.
Zoidberg: It's said in the description that it is more of a toy than a game.
Yes, I know. I'm not claiming that they tried to deceive anyone, I'm just stating that it wouldn't work for me and the reason is the absence of gameplay.
Maybe in other moment of my life I might change my mind (e.g., to play with my kids if I ever become a father and ease them into builder games), but right now I see little entertainment value for myself.
I'm not sure this one is for me, although I would love to see more games with a focus on just building (this is why I love the Roller Coaster Tycoon games, technically there is more than just building but it is mostly building). The thing is, building a town on a lake or ocean just doesn't make sense (even Tenochtitlan started on an island, although it ate the lake over time). I've found that the terrain is important to me in builders and I'd love to see more builders that focus on interacting with interesting terrain (also, more natural builders would be nice not just urban builders). I've been wondering why Timberborn hasn't started early access yet since the demo a while ago seemed quite solid.
I accidentally stumble on a video of someone playing the beta and I think it's one of the most gorgeous game ever made. It's just so very satisfying as we build the city and I was skeptical it will be in GOG but I was wrong and I'm very happy. I just wish that they have more building variants and maybe something that's not started on the water. Like on jungle or swamp.

Obviously wishlisted, will wait until it's full release.
TZODnmr2k5: You know what would REALLY make this game special, is if we could walk around our newly created towns, though it would be a challenge to develop! Either way, I'm snagging it when it fully releases!
Holy shit that's actually an amazing idea! Also it's going to be a good source for pprpg DMs
Post edited July 03, 2021 by RedRagan
Zoidberg: How the heck is it better to do something more narrow?!
Well from a constructive perspective Blender is hands down the best, yet from a game engine point of view, just imagine the possibilities!

RedRagan: Holy shit that's actually an amazing idea! Also it's going to be a good source for pprpg DMs
Yeah, I would love for this to be a reality, but the good news is that there is already a mod for this game, so who knows?
TZODnmr2k5:
It sounds unlikely for a mod or the same game, but maybe as a later game "Streets of Sim City" and "SimCopter" style. I'm a bit surprised we don't have those (wishlist wishlist) since Sim City 2000 is one of the best selling games here. I'm surprised no one has done that kind of thing again (that I know of).
TZODnmr2k5:
joveian: It sounds unlikely for a mod or the same game, but maybe as a later game "Streets of Sim City" and "SimCopter" style. I'm a bit surprised we don't have those (wishlist wishlist) since Sim City 2000 is one of the best selling games here. I'm surprised no one has done that kind of thing again (that I know of).
Really, it's a crying shame that I'm not a game dev, as I would do this very thing!
Bought it just so I can visualize the layout of my pen-and-paper RPG towns and things better. Where things are relative to each other, whether you can see from one place to another, things like that.

I mean, of course I would have to get back into running pen-and-paper RPG's in general, but that's hardly these people's problem.