It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play a first-person, turn-based, cyberpunk RPG where you customize your character skills and dive into the Chimera complex to find the elusive Dr. Cerberus. StarCrawlers Chimera is now available as the game in development on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will last until 23rd November 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
GOG.com: StarCrawlers Chimera is now available as the game in development on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will last until 23rd November 2021, 2 PM UTC.
It has zero discount now.
I can see 10% (11% regional pricing) discount.
Well I did enjoy the first game so this is very tempting..... may wait until it's out of development stage.
Is this one going to have the same critical scaling problem that made the first one unplayable?
yogsloth: Is this one going to have the same critical scaling problem that made the first one unplayable?
What scaling problem?
Will there be a Linux version again? Then again, I felt the original was bog-slow and buggy (e.g. often just silently hanging during the already insanely long pre-menu game startup when save files were incompatible after one of the too-frequent updates) and not all that great overall, so maybe it doesn't matter.
Hmm looks like the removed the aspect I liked (battle system) and kept the aspects I didn't like (procedural generation), so I guess I'll pass on this one.
GOG.com: StarCrawlers Chimera is now available as the game in development on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will last until 23rd November 2021, 2 PM UTC.
It's countdown clock is wrong.
https://www.gog.com/promo/20211116_gid_starcrawlers

(GOG set 10% off for StarCrawlers but not Chimera initially. They fixed it after I reported the bug in #2.)
Will definitely be snagging this once it's out of InDev! GoG is definitely on a roll with the bang-up releases!
This should make Starcrawlers advance through my to-play list. Looks really fun.
Cant remember what it was that put me off buying the (after i was initially excited by the news) original...
yogsloth: Is this one going to have the same critical scaling problem that made the first one unplayable?
Maxvorstadt: What scaling problem?
When I played it, I was having a ton of fun, and then suddenly the missions were getting dramatically harder than my characters ability to level up... until even the "easy" missions were totally impossible. I went online and read a few other complaints about the same thing, figured it was just hopelessly broken balance, uninstalled and never looked back.

Which was a shame, because I had really been enjoying it.
I didn't have that problem at all. Finished the game without excessive difficulty, though the final combat was challenging. The balance was fine.
Launch Detected

"StarCrawlers Chimera is launching May 13th 2024 on GoG!"