It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fox on the run.

FoxTail is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Journeys needn't be epic in order to be magical or meaningful. Take Leah, the lovely fox of our story: she's smart, resourceful, upbeat, and she's on a very important quest. Just like in those good ol' adventures of yore, filled with whimsical characters, clever challenges with multiple solutions, and that effortless charm that never fades away.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the FAQ to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
Vythonaut: What a beautiful game (both artwork & animations); even though i don't make it a habit buying InDev games, the screenshots alone made me feel like a child again, which is weird; I'll support this right now. :)
Firefox31780: I spent a wonderfully cold and rainy night playing this, and it did make me feel like a child again. That was probably due more to the fact that at times I was totally lost as to what to do/where to go next lol

I agree though. The artwork was beautiful as was the music, and the animations (especially for Leah) were very fluid. I am so looking forward to seeing this game grow.
Indeed, getting lost is definitely a child thing. :) I've been too busy trying to exterminate the Vek (Into the Breach -- excellent game) so far, but i'll download the Linux version of Foxtail right away and try it myself. :)
It looks cute, but I'd prefer to wait for the full release. I don't want another, "waiting for another chapter 4 than never happens". (Which has actually happened before.)
Post edited March 04, 2018 by Darvond
deleted
Darvond: It looks cute, but I'd prefer to wait for the full release. I don't want another, "waiting for another chapter 4 than never happens". (Which has actually happened before.)
You do you, of course, but I've looked at their social network page and I'm pretty positive they're gonna finish it unless the universe comes crashing down.

---
I played through Chapter 1. It's really, really well-made.
- No corners cut on animation, no AGS-style pixel mangling with perspective -- every frame looks awesome, characters move like they actually inhabit the environment.
- Incredible lighting effects -- foxtails, in-universe, are those glowy shrooms in the title card, so a lot of stuff shines and glows (in a very tasteful and dignified way - not HOG-style gradient vomit).
- Lots of accessibility options, customizable cursor (there's a help page on just the cursor options), fast walking, variable text speed (including manual clickthrough).
- The story mentions mines (excavation, not weapon) and planes (vehicle, not tool), so if we get dungeon-crawling AND flight, all the boxes will be checked.

(And Leah is fluffy.)
Fairfox: what will cost be after release?

i mean you said liek a year 'n' a half (i think ?) so tahts ageees, but imma guessin' you has a vague idea of price.

liek $10? imma still buy in a week or two anyhoohar. i blew mah $$$ on hotels 'n' food 'n' trips ( ...'n' a piece of wood) late lee so i has to wait because C.C.s maXXXXXed out :/
We don't really know yet. It's really hard to tell something apart that the price will definately be higher.
Starmaker: You do you, of course, but I've looked at their social network page and I'm pretty positive they're gonna finish it unless the universe comes crashing down.
Challenge accepted!)

And thank you)
Post edited March 05, 2018 by Gingertips
high rated
By the way, regarding that CPU usage.
Our programmer did solve this issue. The load in the game has decreased (to 10-15%) and when minimizing (switching) a window – to 0% – it does not load the CPU at all.
This patch will be in the next update of the game (comming soon), so hope everyone who had this issue could enjoy the game at last.
deleted
10-15% usage? thats good news, looking forward to its release date,
will make a screenschot and upload it here, thanks.

Reviews of any game are used as a tiny guideline, while many gamers seem to go by the professional reviews online, i buy games because i like it, i own many games that had a very bad review.

important to me:

1. game does not barbQ my pc
2. game is not bug infested making a game unplayable (crashes, errors, unable to continue through the game)
3. it's a game i like, i love point and click preferably old style ones but vectors sometimes will do aswell, no 3d/fp and no motions/zooming/rotating and lightning effects lighting up my room ( Lords of Xulima had some but they added a way to fix it by editing a config file)

Listprice is also important i have a listprice in mind i am able and willing to pay it all depends on the game (type)

Casual (HOG) usually max. 9.99 listprice
point and click max.14.99 (has to be pretty good game to spend > 14.99)
Max price for a game: 24.99 (incl VAT)
Post edited March 05, 2018 by gamesfreak64
MarkoH01: So far I really like the game - the artwork is so nice and the atmosphere sothing and I like the options I have to customize how much help the game is offering me (active mouse pointer ect.). Even the German translation seems to be pretty good (this is a point where I am sceptical in each indie game). However I found a little bug right at the beginning - even before the game is starting.

When you first start the game you have to chose your language (which is then saved and you won't see that window again). Here it says "Deutch" instead of "Deutsch". Since you will only see this window once it's really a minor issue. However it would be nice for you to fix it.
Gingertips: Thank you, we've fixed that "Deutsch" mistake, It'll be correct with the next update.
There was an update today and in changelog it was mentioned "corrected English and German translations." Unfortunately the reported bug was not fixed.
Gingertips: Thank you, we've fixed that "Deutsch" mistake, It'll be correct with the next update.
MarkoH01: There was an update today and in changelog it was mentioned "corrected English and German translations." Unfortunately the reported bug was not fixed.
that update is pretty old, not from today (see screenshot attached). We haven't had any updates since then and after your message. It's just that user mentioned the wrong date. The update you're waiting for is still on the way.
Attachments:
Post edited March 06, 2018 by Gingertips
MarkoH01: There was an update today and in changelog it was mentioned "corrected English and German translations." Unfortunately the reported bug was not fixed.
Gingertips: that update is pretty old, not from today (see screenshot attached). We haven't had any updates since than and after your message. It's just that user mentioned the wrong date. The update you're waiting for is still on the way.
Oh - all right. Thank you for clearing that up - then it was just a misunderstanding. Thank you again :)
@Gingertips
What about bug reports? I'm not sure I'll reproduce this quickly, but at least once I was able to provoke some script error on screen. [SPOILER]I think I did it when I threw the coin to the pond and clicked again during animation, which was skipped in a strange way.[/SPOILER]

P.S.
Very lovely game. I'm probably not the first one to compare it to Inherit the Earth (pixel game and a fox is present), but this game feels more like home with the green train and the typical Ukrainian house painting with flowers, the rugs on the floor. Absolutely lovely.
rarog4000: @Gingertips
What about bug reports? I'm not sure I'll reproduce this quickly, but at least once I was able to provoke some script error on screen. [SPOILER]I think I did it when I threw the coin to the pond and clicked again during animation, which was skipped in a strange way.[/SPOILER]

P.S.
Very lovely game. I'm probably not the first one to compare it to Inherit the Earth (pixel game and a fox is present), but this game feels more like home with the green train and the typical Ukrainian house painting with flowers, the rugs on the floor. Absolutely lovely.
You can always send us bugreports here.
Thank you!
rarog4000: @Gingertips

P.S.
Gingertips: You can always send us bugreports here.
Thank you!
Ah, thx, for some reson GOG didn't autoadd the subforum to my game forum lists. Thx for pointing me to it! :)
I am starting to get a bit suspicious here. Most of the intersted people have foxes as avatar ... hmmm ;)