It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dive into a fast-paced retro FPS that combines 90s classic shooter elements with modern skill-based FPS controls. Become a fearless warrior who entered Hell seeking revenge! Dread Templar is now available as the game in development on GOG.COM along with a a 10% discount that will last until 21st August 2021, 6 AM UTC!

Also, if you like first-person shooters with a vintage charm, visit the Realms Deep 2021 Festival streamed between 13th and 15th August 2021 on 3D Realms’ Twitch channel.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
This looks good but I'm little worried about all these games in development from 3D Realms.
If Quake and Painkiller had a child...
I had absolutely no idea this was a thing. Now I want it!
I am pleased with what I see. The words of the Bard come to mind:
If wounding, then it was to show my skill,
That more for praise than purpose meant to kill.

Oh, I also want to see what happens if I just write GamezRanker.
One look at this game made me want to play Undying again for some reason.

Not wishlist material yet, but yeah, could prove to be interesting and get in there in the future.
your store page says Windows 7 and cloud saves so which is it?
ussnorway: your store page says Windows 7 and cloud saves so which is it?
Both, why would one exclude the other? :D

edit: Found out the Galaxy client requires Win8 and up.
Then again, if you install the game from the exe installer it supports Win7 and if you install it from Galaxy supports cloud saves.
So, yeah supports both as stated...
Post edited August 14, 2021 by DodoGeo
well for a start you need Galaxy to use cloud saves and that doesn't run on W7 unless you hack it to block the auto updates and keep the old builds

what I want to know is does this game in fact have any testing done to show it does really run on Windows 7 or is it just copy \ pasted from some other store page

personally I don't really care about cloud saves
ussnorway: well for a start you need Galaxy to use cloud saves and that doesn't run on W7 unless you hack it to block the auto updates and keep the old builds

what I want to know is does this game in fact have any testing done to show it does really run on Windows 7 or is it just copy \ pasted from some other store page

personally I don't really care about cloud saves
You can always try out out and refund it if it doesn't.
Never had any problems refunding and it's their mistake if the shop info is a lazy copy/paste.
Post edited August 14, 2021 by DodoGeo
Ah.
Another one.
What a pleasant surprise. Haven´t expected another retro shooter to come here so soon. To the wishlist it goes!
low rated
So it's another Painkiller clone, only with much worse graphics than Painkiller.

I don't understand why games with that formula have any appeal.

Why not just play Painkiller instead?
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So it's another Painkiller clone, only with much worse graphics than Painkiller.

It has some Quake 1 vibes as well. You could also ask an RPG fan, why does he play Pillars of Eternity when there's Baldur's Gate available. :)
Post edited August 14, 2021 by Sarafan
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So it's another Painkiller clone, only with much worse graphics than Painkiller.

Why play Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous when Baldur's Gate had that kind of gameplay already?
Why playing anything but the very first videogame, the others are still videogames as well, right?

It's not a very sound reasoning.

EDIT: damn, I didn't see I have been ninja'd by half an hour.
Anyway! Pathfinder>>Pillars.
Post edited August 14, 2021 by Enebias