It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

opticq: Yup, it would be much more difficult to offer users the choice to swap between these 2 viewing modes and that would be a nightmare to code.

And I agree with what you say about Steam. While I don't like putting my eggs all in Steam's basket in case we lose access to games, they single-handedly picked up where Microsoft left off. They basically produced competitors like Origin, uPlay, GOG, Humble, Desura, etc.
HypersomniacLive: I was being sarcastic in both cases. Are we still in agreement?
Well. Nevermind then. My sarcasm detector is clearly malfunctioning.
Are Lords of the Realm 1 and 2 so good pals that they are inseparable?

Also, as was mentioned, 2 Cossacks have Art of War on cover. One of them is supposed to be European wars. I am not sure why they were separated anyway as 2 of them are just expansions.
Vitek: Are Lords of the Realm 1 and 2 so good pals that they are inseparable?

Also, as was mentioned, 2 Cossacks have Art of War on cover. One of them is supposed to be European wars. I am not sure why they were separated anyway as 2 of them are just expansions.
There are a lot of games that are still bundled on gog for now. Zeus+Poseidon, Pharaoh+Cleopatra, Earth 2140 Trilogy, Earth 2150 trilogy, Spellforce Platinum Edition, Blackguards Special Edition, etc. When gog unbundles all of bundles I guess everybodys library will double in size.
Post edited March 19, 2015 by Matruchus
opticq: Well. Nevermind then. My sarcasm detector is clearly malfunctioning.
It's ok, not always easy to pick it up in written text, especially if there hasn't been much interaction before.
paladin181: Which items have been unbundled so far? I don't have any on my shelf but I do have a few bundles.
I only ask because I've seen a few of the games that are unbundled talked about here and I have some on my shelf, but none of mine have unbundled. Are they going User by User?
Aside the games in this post, I also had Alien Breed+Tower Assault unbundled. I guess they do go user by user, as some have reported being able to download the bundled installers, while others couldn't.
skeletonbow: I haven't downloaded any of the new unbundled things yet (no space). I'm wondering why it is bigger now though? Duplicated bonus items or something? If so, I think I may have to move my download drive to a Linux box and use hardlinks to eliminate duplicate file space wastage. It's doable in Windows also, but the "hardlink" command exists in Linux at least, and not so much in Windows. :)

Plan on re-downloading my entire library which was 510GB or so pre-unbundling. Not getting rid of my old copies though just to be safe so I'm going to be downloading this stuff for months it seems. :) Not going to start though either until all of the churning is done. Should be fun... :)
Matruchus: The new Heroes Chronicles has supposedly the base game delivered eight times now together with the new scenarios. That's basically the problem. You get the Heroes engine eight times plus the small size the scenarios are.
Ok, that does sound kind of dumb then. How did the game originally ship when it first came out way back when, piecemeal? It sounds like it should be a game + a bunch of DLC perhaps?
skeletonbow: Ok, that does sound kind of dumb then. How did the game originally ship when it first came out way back when, piecemeal? It sounds like it should be a game + a bunch of DLC perhaps?
IIRC it was Bethesda, who coined "DLC" term. And IIRC, Chronicles were supplied as "expansion packs" (or, less likely, add-ons), at least I remember them marketed this way. Even bought some.
Finally refreshed my account, only went up by 5 games thanks to Tomb Raider and Blackwell.
Matruchus: There are a lot of games that are still bundled on gog for now. Zeus+Poseidon, Pharaoh+Cleopatra, Earth 2140 Trilogy, Earth 2150 trilogy, Spellforce Platinum Edition, Blackguards Special Edition, etc. When gog unbundles all of bundles I guess everybodys library will double in size.
Please, for the love of all that is Holy, don't give them any more ideas!

Unbundling expansions for classical games is already the second craziest thing we've seen on GOG recently (right after "Grey is an excellent colour guys, really!"), so the more games they keep together, the better.
Matruchus: The new Heroes Chronicles has supposedly the base game delivered eight times now together with the new scenarios. That's basically the problem. You get the Heroes engine eight times plus the small size the scenarios are.
skeletonbow: Ok, that does sound kind of dumb then. How did the game originally ship when it first came out way back when, piecemeal? It sounds like it should be a game + a bunch of DLC perhaps?
The game was sold separately before and each game (basically dlc with scenario) was sold on a separate dvd. Gog had an updated version that included all of the scenarios together which was a lot better then what is now sold to us. I think they should change the game description now to warn that gog is selling separate games now and not the collection anymore.
Matruchus: There are a lot of games that are still bundled on gog for now. Zeus+Poseidon, Pharaoh+Cleopatra, Earth 2140 Trilogy, Earth 2150 trilogy, Spellforce Platinum Edition, Blackguards Special Edition, etc. When gog unbundles all of bundles I guess everybodys library will double in size.
de_Monteynard: Please, for the love of all that is Holy, don't give them any more ideas!

Unbundling expansions for classical games is already the second craziest thing we've seen on GOG recently (right after "Grey is an excellent colour guys, really!"), so the more games they keep together, the better.
Im not giving them any ideas really. I expect that will happen. Im just now downloading my whole bundled library to save what I can.
Post edited March 19, 2015 by Matruchus
I really hope some of them will never get unbundled. A lot of them have expansions that can be run through main game so I find it stupid to unbundle them. Most of all Earth 2140. It's no trilogy, it only has 2 mission packs taht can be run through main game. I really don't want Mission pack as individual entries in my library. It is nice it inflate my numbers (it's not) but it should be done only where it matters. I get it for things like Might and Magic 6-pack but not for expansion packs.

Speaking of M&M, GOG. I searched for "might" in catalogue yesterday and for some reasons it fetches things with might in name but also Pid and all 4 versions of Shelter 2.
Ran into an issue where the GOG downloader would download the exe files for HOMM5 and then stop; completely ignoring the BIN files for both the main game and the stand alone expansion. I had to download both of those files manually instead. Hopefully they will get around to fixing this soon.
Vitek: Speaking of M&M, GOG. I searched for "might" in catalogue yesterday and for some reasons it fetches things with might in name but also Pid and all 4 versions of Shelter 2.
Those 3 games are developed by Might and Delight.
DoctorGOGgles: Those 3 games are developed by Might and Delight.
Ah, OK.
I had no idea and also thought it only searches name of game not developer and publisher as well.
HypersomniacLive: Thanks for the confirmation. Only thing left now is to see which of tomorrow's releases has your sig on it.
Ah, well, probably none this time. But stay tuned regardless. :)