It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
SolDaeDra: Did your changes stick? I cannot see to get any manual changes in my library to save. At some point, download links stop appearing and images for game covers disappear. When I leave the page and make my way back, it is back to the same disorganized mess that I had when this unbundling fiasco started. I wasted hours trying to get the shelves back to order I recognize only for it to fail.
I would advice to wait until GOG's done messing with our libraries and accounts, as I suspect that there are a few things going on behind the scenes.
high rated
Dear GOG,

Under the assumption that the unbundling is irreversible, I have attempted to collect in one place all the bugs and deficiencies identified by your (more or less) loyal customers (and MaGog) in this and others threads. I am aware that the unbundling is still in progress. Hopefully this list will help you fix some issues in time for your Tuesday deadline.

Missing or mislabelled files
============================
- The "Wizardry 6+7" Mac OS X tab previously had English and German options. Now both "Wizardry 6" and "Wizardry 7" only have English.
- The "Ultima 3" Mac OS X installer link actually points to the "Ultima 1" Mac OS X installer (ultima_1_2.0.0.32.dmg).
- The "Two World 2" Spanish installer is missing (yes, I am sure it was there before).
- The "Robinson's Requiem" Windows tab previously had English and French and German and Spanish options. Now it only has English.
- The "Ishar 1" Windows tab previously had English and French and German options. Now it only has English.
- The "Cultures 1+2" German installers are missing (yes, I am sure they were there before).
- Several games now have bonuses obscurely labelled as "product_bonus_xxx" either instead of the previously named bonuses (Zork Anthology, Tomb Raider 1+2+3, Incoming + Incoming Forces, Duke Nukem 1+2), or alongside them (Cognition, Dracula 4+5). Additionally, the Cognition product_bonus links are all broken. While you're at it, you might want to also fix the regular (not unbundled) games that also suffer from this (a list has previously been sent to you by Grargar; ssokolow can help you write an SQL query to find the games affected (see http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post6606)).
- For several games, the Linux installer and the tarball archive are confusingly (and inconsistently) labelled as "Linux installer (part 1 of 2)" and "Linux installer (part 2 of 2)" in some order. The games in question are: Silent Service 1+2, Pinball Gold Pack, DROD 1+2+3, BloodNet.
- Several games have their Mac OS X installer left (as yet?) ununbundled, rather confusingly residing in the sub-games without any indication that this is actually an installer for all the sub-games rather than just one. The games affected are: Ultima 7, Geneforge Saga, Avernum. (Thank you, Loenas, for testing Geneforge Saga).

Mislabelled sub-games
=====================
- Quite a few games are named in a way that has them, rather non-intuitively, landing far away from one another when sorting by title. The affected games are: Avernum (under A and B), Blackwell Bundle (under B and T), Zork Anthology (under B, P, Z), The Incredible Machine (under R, T), Battle Isle (under B, H, I), Battle Chess (under B, C). Perhaps you could prepend the bundle name so that this does not happen (e.g. Avernum: Blades of Avernum) While you're at it, you might also want to fix regular games that suffer from the same issue (e.g. Black Mirror (under B, T), Sid Meier's games (under C, S)).
- Even when they are closely located, sub-games have an annoying tendency to be improperly sorted within a series when ordered by title. The affected series are: Ultima, Tomb Raider, Wing Commander, Police Quest, Might and Magic, Heroes of Might and Magic, DROD. While you're at it, you might also want to fix regular series that suffer from the same issue (e.g. Gabriel Knight).
- Several sub-games are labelled in such a way that it is no longer possible to know which bundle they belong to or in what order the sub-games should be played. The affected games are: Wing Commander 5, Realms of Arkania 1+2, Lands of Lore 1+2, Blackwell Bundle. You might want to add some numbers (e.g. Lands of Lore 1, Episode 1, etc.) to these to help your users.
- Unbundled Ultima, Might and Magic, and Wing Commander sub-games are missing their trademark/registered labels.
- While I understand why you couldn't use "Alien Breed: Tower Assault" as a sub-game title (the data-title field would clash with the bundle's), deciding to append a visible " (Game)" to it is not a great (or professional-looking) solution by any means.
- You might want to add some consistency to your use of demarcating punctuation (e.g. the use of dash vs. colon in the Dracula series).
- Not much work has been done yet by the community on examining the directory names of downloaded games, but apparently there too improvements could be made (see http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post6582 for an example).

Missing or malfunctioning links
===============================
- The game card links are missing for unbundled games.
- The game forum links are for the most part just pointing to the general forum (notable exception, Cognition, so it is possible to have it done right).

Box Covers
==========
- There seems to be quite a bit of consensus that "the new box art is very nice", however...
- Many sub-games have the same box art with different titling, which is seen as a correctable deficiency. Affected games are: Cognition, Duke Nukem 1+2, Incoming + Incoming Forces, Leisure Suit Larry VGA Remakes, MegaRace, Police Quest, Police Quest SWAT, Quest for Glory, Starflight, The Incredible Machine.
- The box cover for Cognition episode 3 carries the text "episode 4".
- All the Cossacks sub-games carry the subtitle "Art of War".
- The text on the box covers of the 'Commandos Ammo Pack' games is tiny and red, making it rather illegible (if I may rephrase the charming original post).
- The digit 2 seems to be missing from the box cover of Tropico 2.

Size Matters
============
- Some game installers now take a lot more space to backup than when there was a single installer. The two most obvious examples are Heroes Chronicles (+ 2.8 GB) and Disciples 2 (+ 480 MB). Since many of us backup all our files, this raises a problem. Perhaps you could reconsider the unbundling in these cases and return to the single installer and single box.
- The matter is much worse for bonuses, which are duplicated across all sub-games and which are therefore downloaded and (unless some clean up is carried out by each and every user) backed up. I expect it would be time consuming to split the bonuses by sub-game (as you did for example in X-Wing and TIE Fighter, so it is possible), so perhaps instead you could (for now) just have all the bonuses listed in one sub-game (preferably the oldest chronologically), rather than in all.
- The size of the Dracula 1 installer is listed as 10.8 GB in the library, which is quite incorrect.
- The size field on the game pages is no longer correct for many bundles. As far as I know, you have updated one (Heroes Chronicles, 657 MB to 3.5 GB) and deleted one (Incoming + Incoming Forces, was 357 MB). What do you plan to do with the rest? While you're at it, note that several previously unbundled games also lack the size field (e.g. Mortal Kombat 1+2+3, TIE Fighter, X-Wing, Supreme League of Patriots, Ys I+II).

Inconsistencies
===============
- It is not at all clear why some games were unbundled and some games not. Could you please tell us what was the driving decision behind adding a game to the list or not adding it.
- The handling of EGA/VGA editions of the same game is inconsistent (see Leisure Suit Larry vs. Quest for Glory and Police Quest). Perhaps you could come up with a consistent solution, for example bundle them into one box and label it (EGA+VGA).
- Perhaps you would like to consider making the order of languages in the drop-down menu of all the games and sub-games the same (it is not).

General
=======
- Many people have suggested to make the bundling/unbundling optional (you know, like Galaxy).
- The overall feeling is that there could have been a bit more quality control before releasing this upon the populace (I am being very charitable in my phrasing).
- The overall feeling is that there could have been more communication with the community in view of the many complaints. That said, I believe we all appreciate the early warning.

Ta,
mrkgnao

P.S. If people would like to add to this list, please post in this thread.
Ciris:
Ciris, please pass this to whomever.
Post edited March 23, 2015 by mrkgnao
This is still a stupid-ass decision.

I don't want to buy more multi-game packs anymore.
Post edited March 23, 2015 by Foxhack
Why couldn't the games have been unbundled for galaxy since it uses different installers than the downloadable installers on the site? Then everyone wins. Galaxy gets its individual downloads and we get to keep our bundles together.
paladin181: Why couldn't the games have been unbundled for galaxy since it uses different installers than the downloadable installers on the site? Then everyone wins. Galaxy gets its individual downloads and we get to keep our bundles together.
I guess a simple IF / ELSE statement was too difficult to code.
paladin181: Why couldn't the games have been unbundled for galaxy since it uses different installers than the downloadable installers on the site?
Does it? Could you elaborate?
high rated
mrkgnao: Does it? Could you elaborate?
When downloading games through the Galaxy client it does not access the same files publicly available through the GoG Downloader or the GoG web interface. It was posted somewhere in the Galaxy Alpha thread by a blue, but I can't recall exactly where. Someone was asking why their game was updating in Galaxy but when he downloaded the installer it was the same version, and they were told that the files are from different sources.
mrkgnao: Does it? Could you elaborate?
paladin181: When downloading games through the Galaxy client it does not access the same files publicly available through the GoG Downloader or the GoG web interface. It was posted somewhere in the Galaxy Alpha thread by a blue, but I can't recall exactly where. Someone was asking why their game was updating in Galaxy but when he downloaded the installer it was the same version, and they were told that the files are from different sources.
Holy mackerel!
I can't believe it's not automated and simultaneous.
I can already see it. Games being updated in Galaxy and not on the website (or vice versa).
Has the Galaxy API been published somewhere?
paladin181: Why couldn't the games have been unbundled for galaxy since it uses different installers than the downloadable installers on the site? Then everyone wins. Galaxy gets its individual downloads and we get to keep our bundles together.
Maybe they wanted the library's listing in Galaxy would matches extaclty the listing in a user's library (browser) to avaid confusion ...it's just a speculation.

Personnaly i would simply a library entry reflects the gamecard title and eventually sub-entiries for different(s) game(s) in a bundle for my sanity.
Post edited March 23, 2015 by DyNaer
ssokolow: Again, that depends on what you mean by that.
HeDanny: I'd like to click on a game's download (or extras), and point it to a directory just like you do with any download. At a later time, I would like to click on that game again, and as long as I point it to the same directory I downloaded it to previously, instead of downloading I would like it to check if the files have changed FIRST, and only download if they have.

What would be PERFECT would be an app that remembered what I used it to download, and where I downloaded it to. So in a month when I open the app, it would still show the previous download. I could then click on that same download and it would repeat the exact same action, but instead of downloading it again it would first check to see if the file to be downloaded matches the previous download, and only download again if there is a change.

Hope that makes sense now. I don't know how to put it any clearer, sorry.

I can't use linux, so that is not an option for me.
Yes, that answers the question I had. Unfortunately, while I don't know every application ever posted online, I suspect no such one exists.

If you could use lgogdownloader, it would probably be fairly trivial to build a UI like the one you want on top of it, but I have no idea how much work it would be to patch lgogdownloader to run on Windows and I've never heard of a Windows downloader that's either scriptable or includes the functionality you want.

The complicated part is actually doing the downloading and verification. With GOG Downloader support enabled on the website, it uses a custom URL scheme, sort of similar to the magnet: links torrents use, so any program can register itself with the browser to handle those. As such, a solution which wraps something similar to lgogdownloader would need to:

0. User clicks a link with GOG Downloader support enabled
1. Script receives a URL like gogdownloader://the_11th_hour/installer_win_en and parses it (basic application boilerplate plus 2-3 lines of code to parse the URL)
2. Script queries its persistent data store to see if it's saved a path for that ID (1-3 lines of code)
3. If not, script displays a directory selection dialog (target = EasyDialogs.AskFolder() with Python and EasyDialogs for Windows)
4. If #3 was done, save the id->path pairing into the data store (1-2 lines of code)
5. Script run the downloader with settings that will cause it to retrieve the requested file and place it in the desired folder
mrkgnao: Holy mackerel!
I can already see it. Games being updated in Galaxy and not on the website (or vice versa).
I don't think it has, simply because ALPHA and all.
I am sure the day will come when they say "Sorry, we won't update the games on the website anymore. Please use Galaxy".
high rated
ChrisSZ: I am sure the day will come when they say "Sorry, we won't update the games on the website anymore. Please use Galaxy".
GOG never says things like that.

It says "Good news. From today all your games will be automatically patched on the fly without you ever again needing to manually download them through the browser".

P.S. I hadn't noticed until now that we have both a ChrisSD and a ChrisSZ. Are you related?
mrkgnao: GOG never says things like that.

It says "Good news. From today all your games will be automatically patched on the fly without you ever again needing to manually download them through the browser".

P.S. I hadn't noticed until now that we have both a ChrisSD and a ChrisSZ. Are you related?
"It's not a bug, it's a FEATURE!!!"
Merranvo: What is my point?
I don't think even you know, from that load of pompous twaddle you dished up.

I'm not going to bother with any kind of step-by-step. I gather it's eased some kind of abdominal congestion you were experiencing, so good luck to you. From your tone, I'm sure it's a chronic challenge you face. But I was entertained to observe how all the grievous faults you accused me of appear in your own welter of sophistry. Some kind of mirror writing, I guess.

Thanks for playing.

Thanks, too, for your second post to me. It speaks a great deal about someone's personality and level of self-regard, when they phrase their opinion as "explaining" something.