It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

And the apparent work around for the crash I and many others are getting? Disable your GPU! May work on laptops, won't work on my desktop. I wouldn't be so annoyed if R* at least posted daily updates. But almost 2 days after release and not a peep.

Kudos to Valve though for at least allowing people to get in-store credit refunds until it's fixed. Something I'm likely to do if R* can't be bothered to say anything by the weekend.
bansama: And the apparent work around for the crash I and many others are getting? Disable your GPU! May work on laptops, won't work on my desktop. I wouldn't be so annoyed if R* at least posted daily updates. But almost 2 days after release and not a peep.

Kudos to Valve though for at least allowing people to get in-store credit refunds until it's fixed. Something I'm likely to do if R* can't be bothered to say anything by the weekend.
Is that a problem with the launcher or the game itself?
Still I did get a bit of a laugh from the streams who stupidly streamed the installation process - and subsequently had their activation keys stolen. I mean, who on Earth live streams entering their activation code!?
cw8: Is that a problem with the launcher or the game itself?
Absolutely certain it's the launcher. I tried using my Steam key to activate on R*. Got the non-steam downloader as a result and that gets as far as the launcher used to download the actual game files before giving the same crash.
Post edited April 15, 2015 by bansama
Elmofongo: Rockstar says its gonna be the best port of all time they said :P
cw8: In all seriousness though, I think it's the best port they done. Absolutely smooth gameplay. Loving it.
They just need to get rid of the horrible launcher.
Oh, they also need to fully support modding.
So tell is the Rockstar Social Club thing required only for the GTA Online portion or for both single and multi?

I am saying can the single player be played even in Steam Offline Mode?
bansama: Absolutely certain it's the launcher. I tried using my Steam key to activate on R*. Got the non-steam downloader as a result and that gets as far as the launcher used to download the actual game files before giving the same crash.
Well, that sucks. Hope Rockstar is able to fix the damn launcher ASAP. Coz the game's pretty good. Don't see the point of denying people of their game because of your stupid launcher.
Elmofongo: So tell is the Rockstar Social Club thing required only for the GTA Online portion or for both single and multi?

The launcher pops up regardless whether your online or not connected to the internet just like steam. If it doesn't detect internet connection, you have the option to play offline mode which loads to the story singleplayer straight away. You, of course, don't see GTA Online and other stuff.
Post edited April 15, 2015 by cw8
bansama: Absolutely certain it's the launcher. I tried using my Steam key to activate on R*. Got the non-steam downloader as a result and that gets as far as the launcher used to download the actual game files before giving the same crash.
cw8: Well, that sucks. Hope Rockstar is able to fix the damn launcher ASAP. Coz the game's pretty good. Don't see the point of denying people of their game because of your stupid launcher.
Elmofongo: So tell is the Rockstar Social Club thing required only for the GTA Online portion or for both single and multi?

cw8: The launcher pops up regardless whether your online or not connected to the internet just like steam. If it doesn't detect internet connection, you have the option to play offline mode which loads to the story singleplayer straight away. You, of course, don't see GTA Online and other stuff.
Exactly like the console version. Offline it takes you straight to the single player portion. The only thing that matters in GTA imo.
So erm, printscrn doesn't work in GTAV. Mine's retail so no F12 to take screenshots unlike the steam version. You can't add non-steam game either since the launcher crashes and refuses to launch the game. So I used Fraps to start taking glorious screenshots, this for starters:

http://oi62.tinypic.com/4t3tdw.jpg
cw8: So erm, printscrn doesn't work in GTAV. Mine's retail so no F12 to take screenshots unlike the steam version. You can't add non-steam game either since the launcher crashes and refuses to launch the game. So I used Fraps to start taking glorious screenshots, this for starters:

http://oi62.tinypic.com/4t3tdw.jpg
"Man thats a dude Chop"
As much as I dislike how loaded down with DRM it is, it's been a great experience so far. Neither Steam nor RSC have given me any problems, and with some tinkering, I'm running most everything on high-very high, 1080p, and 2x MSAA with a nearly constant 60fps (core i7 and R9 290). It drops a tad in vinewood but I think that's more of an optimization problem with the game or the drivers. Even dropping the settings considerably doesn't seem to help that.

Really satisfied with it thus far considering the state of the GTA IV port at launch.
MrFortyFive: As much as I dislike how loaded down with DRM it is, it's been a great experience so far. Neither Steam nor RSC have given me any problems, and with some tinkering, I'm running most everything on high-very high, 1080p, and 2x MSAA with a nearly constant 60fps (core i7 and R9 290). It drops a tad in vinewood but I think that's more of an optimization problem with the game or the drivers. Even dropping the settings considerably doesn't seem to help that.

Really satisfied with it thus far considering the state of the GTA IV port at launch.
So how is the game itself. You liking the game world of Los Santos (Los Angeles) and the countryside.

The whole place is roughly the size of real world manhatten island New York.
I got GTAV yesterday for PS4, first thing I had to do was d/l a 5 gig patch, seriously, it was released 8 months ago on PS3, surely they would have it sorted by now :(
cw8: On very high settings on my 2GB VRAM GTX760. 60 FPS consistent. No lag and pretty glorious.

FOV slider desperately needed for FP view and cockpit view driving..
Nice - I have a 760 OC so I guess I should give GTA 5 a shot if it runs that well. Watch Dogs didn't run that well with some lag here and there so it's nice to hear GTA is better optimized.
I think its safe to say that its proper crack will come out next week (or so, approximately). Best medicine for ridiculous DRM.
cw8: On very high settings on my 2GB VRAM GTX760. 60 FPS consistent. No lag and pretty glorious.

FOV slider desperately needed for FP view and cockpit view driving..
jepsen1977: Nice - I have a 760 OC so I guess I should give GTA 5 a shot if it runs that well. Watch Dogs didn't run that well with some lag here and there so it's nice to hear GTA is better optimized.
Tested with Nvidia Geforce Experience and Fraps. Both give about 57-60 FPS. Lowest was about 55 and that was in downtown. I had to turn off some stuff like FXAA (or MSAA, can't rmb which makes games blurry) and stuff like shadows to normal to turn my textures and water effects to very high. Ultra settings are of course not selectable by me.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: I think its safe to say that its proper crack will come out next week (or so, approximately). Best medicine for ridiculous DRM.
Too bad there's no medicine for stupidity though.