It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I never played any of these games growing up but I'd totally still play Spy Fox in Dry Cereal if it was on GOG. There's no way a secret agent fox trying to save the world's milk supply from an evil goat could possibly be boring!

Humongous's games do look like good harmless fun, and they seem to have a pretty major following too, so it would be neat to see them here.
tfishell: I want to think the best especially since Tommo has brought so much, but for now I'm going to be 90% pessimistic and guess that it's Steam releases of the original games, perhaps with Night Dive being involved somehow (since they've retweeted some of the Humongous countdown too).

Obviously I won't be buying any unless Humongous/Tommo releases DRM-free versions somewhere - GOG, Humble Store, Big Fish Games, etc.
Big Fish Games are not DRM-free, they have a mandatory client for download and installation, just like Steam. The games can be played without the client (though the .exe file for this is a hidden file), but I'm not sure if they still work if you move the directory.
tfishell: I want to think the best especially since Tommo has brought so much, but for now I'm going to be 90% pessimistic and guess that it's Steam releases of the original games, perhaps with Night Dive being involved somehow (since they've retweeted some of the Humongous countdown too).

Obviously I won't be buying any unless Humongous/Tommo releases DRM-free versions somewhere - GOG, Humble Store, Big Fish Games, etc.
HypersomniacLive: Big Fish Games are not DRM-free, they have a mandatory client for download and installation, just like Steam. The games can be played without the client (though the .exe file for this is a hidden file), but I'm not sure if they still work if you move the directory.
Well s#!t.

I mean, technically many of Steam's games are DRM-free, but I want openly DRM-free, aka installers.
HypersomniacLive: Big Fish Games are not DRM-free, they have a mandatory client for download and installation, just like Steam. The games can be played without the client (though the .exe file for this is a hidden file), but I'm not sure if they still work if you move the directory.
tfishell: Well s#!t.

I mean, technically many of Steam's games are DRM-free, but I want openly DRM-free, aka installers.
It's sad and frustrating, but there are very few places one can get DRM-free standalone installers.
tfishell: Well s#!t.

HypersomniacLive: It's sad and frustrating, but there are very few places one can get DRM-free standalone installers.
I guess so. Still, I won't be purchasing the games unless I can get non-Steam versions.
tfishell: I guess so. Still, I won't be purchasing the games unless I can get non-Steam versions.
I'm with you, I don't even have a Steam account nor plan to get one. And the only reason I know about BFG is because of a couple of friends that have a few games they got there for free.

Let's hope for the best. Maybe you could "poke" at them a bit on their social media channels?
tfishell: I guess so. Still, I won't be purchasing the games unless I can get non-Steam versions.
HypersomniacLive: I'm with you, I don't even have a Steam account nor plan to get one. And the only reason I know about BFG is because of a couple of friends that have a few games they got there for free.

Let's hope for the best. Maybe you could "poke" at them a bit on their social media channels?
At least for Humongous, I've posted for months now my hope to see the games come to GOG. Today I posted that I certainly support them but will not be buying PC release unless I can get them as DRM-free installers.
Humongous games are on Steam thanks to Tommo and Night Dive. I hope they bring all these titles to GOG too:

http://humongous.com/2014/04/humongous-entertainment-gets-the-steam-treatment/

28 Classic Titles debut today on Steam including ‘Lost’ titles and Character Bundles.

LOS ANGELES, CA- (April 17, 2014)— Night Dive Studios, a classic games developer that specializes in the restoration and optimization of retro classic gaming titles, and Tommo Inc., a global game and entertainment company, have announced today that 28 all-time great Humongous Entertainment Adventure, Activity and Arcade titles are now available on Steam .

“An entire generation of 90s and Millennial kids grew up on Putt-Putt®, Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam and SPY Fox games. Night Dive is thrilled to be able to deliver these transcendent games to a new generation of fans” said Stephen Kick, CEO of Night Dive Studios “The Humongous Library is filled with hours of incredible animation, great dialog, beautiful soundtracks and fun for the whole family. Humongous set a standard in interactive and educational gaming for kids that has never been matched.”

“Tommo is truly passionate about the Humongous universe of games and characters, we are dedicated to bringing back the ultimate Edutainment experience to digital platforms everywhere and we’re thrilled to have these titles on Steam and to be working with a dedicated partner in Night Dive,” said Jonathan Wan, CEO of Tommo, Inc.

Night Dive is releasing standalone games and Collector’s bundles for each major Humongous Character including some previously ‘lost’ games that have never appeared in an authorized digital version before.

Steam Release Schedule:

4/17

Putt-Putt® Joins the Parade

Freddi Fish and The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds

Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It’s Dark Outside

Spy Fox in: Dry Cereal

Putt-Putt® and Pep’s Balloon-o-Rama

Freddi Fish and Luther’s Maze Madness

5/1

Putt-Putt® Goes to the Moon

Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse

Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren’t so Frightening

Spy Fox 2: Some Assembly Required

Putt-Putt® and Pep’s Dog on a Stick

Freddi Fish and Luther’s Water Worries

5/15

Putt-Putt® Travels through Time

Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell

Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat from Your Head to Your Feet

Spy Fox 3: Operation Ozone

Putt-Putt® and Fatty Bear’s Activity Pack

5/29

Putt-Putt® Enters the Race

Putt-Putt® Joins the Circus

Freddi Fish 4: The Case of the Hogfish Rustlers of Briny Gulch

Pajama Sam 4: Life Is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff!

Spy Fox in: Cheese Chase

6/6

Putt-Putt®: Pep’s Birthday Surprise

Freddi Fish 5: The Case of the Creature of Coral Cove

Pajama Sam’s Sock Works

Spy Fox in: Hold the Mustard

Pajama Sam’s Lost & Found
Accatone: ........
I'm optimistic all of them will soon appear on GOG. Both Tommo and Night Dive already have games here.
Accatone: ........
GabiMoro: I'm optimistic all of them will soon appear on GOG. Both Tommo and Night Dive already have games here.
I wonder if GOG considered them to 'kiddie' and turned them down though...
GabiMoro: I'm optimistic all of them will soon appear on GOG. Both Tommo and Night Dive already have games here.
Fever_Discordia: I wonder if GOG considered them to 'kiddie' and turned them down though...
They wouldn't make such a mistake.
GOG should bring these games here even if this was for only one person: tfishell :)
Fever_Discordia: I wonder if GOG considered them to 'kiddie' and turned them down though...
GabiMoro: They wouldn't make such a mistake.
GOG should bring these games here even if this was for only one person: tfishell :)
Yeah, he IS pretty deserving after helping bring some titles here which was awesome, BTW - they own him one!
GabiMoro: They wouldn't make such a mistake.
Fever_Discordia: Yeah, he IS pretty deserving after helping bring some titles here which was awesome, BTW - they own him one!
Thanks. :)

Turnipslayerr and I talked a little about it (on a surface level; obviously NDAs and such have to be kept), and I will say from what I read the "kiddie" feel is NOT the reason the games are not here yet. So props for that.

However, what has (or should I say hasn't) happened thus far is obviously extremely disappointing to me, close to a worse-case scenario for me after all we tried to do to bring the games here.

(Obviously I will not be buying the Steam versions.) My hope is that they show up as installers on some DRM-free service eventually.

For now I'm taking a break-ish from GOG and actively supporting/interacting with a few other companies. Maybe time heals all wounds.
Fever_Discordia: Yeah, he IS pretty deserving after helping bring some titles here which was awesome, BTW - they own him one!
tfishell: Thanks. :)

Turnipslayerr and I talked a little about it (on a surface level; obviously NDAs and such have to be kept), and I will say from what I read the "kiddie" feel is NOT the reason the games are not here yet. So props for that.

However, what has (or should I say hasn't) happened thus far is obviously extremely disappointing to me, close to a worse-case scenario for me after all we tried to do to bring the games here.

(Obviously I will not be buying the Steam versions.) My hope is that they show up as installers on some DRM-free service eventually.

For now I'm taking a break-ish from GOG and actively supporting/interacting with a few other companies. Maybe time heals all wounds.
So, sounds like you're still blaming GOG then? Or are you just saying you feel dis-heartened?
Fever_Discordia: So, sounds like you're still blaming GOG then? Or are you just saying you feel dis-heartened?
It's mostly disheartening.

Obviously because I don't work for GOG I don't know the full story. In this state of "not knowing", I do feel some animosity towards GOG (plus I have various memories built up here of a thus-futile effort in trying to bring the H games), but obviously without all the facts I have to be careful who I "blame". Maybe Nimbus Games was still involved and said "no" to DRM-free, or maybe Tommo or Night Dive wanted to charge more than GOG thought was respectable.

For now, maybe the time being, I'll just be less active on the forums, probably not post GOG stuff to r/games, and hold off on the game research. GOG's still a great service, I just have a harder time supporting them on a personal level.