It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Very good value. I'm contemplating to get the 12 USD tier or not. ugh.

I bought the 6 USD tier for now.
ET3D: Thanks for the recommendation, and I agree, it's fantastic value. Not just because of the dev tools (many of which have lately been going for peanuts) but the source code. I feel it's a big step up from just a DRM-free release.
Ah yes, true, especially with Humble around. They've been pulling many good strings. I've learned alot from RPG maker softwares.
Post edited September 18, 2015 by zeroxxx
*** In addition to the current GameMaker Weekly bundle ***

OK, this bundle is clearly a no-brainer for anyone with an interest in making games (even if like me you already own GM and most of the games), the source codes provided are invaluable so buy this bundle because you won't see this kind of offer again (although it would be cool if it starts a trend ^o^)

Anyway, for those who don't have experience with GameMaker or with making games in general : sure there's a lot of learning resources on the net (forums, videos, articles) but the learning curve can be slow as all the knowledge is fragmented. In this way, the net is still lagging behind good old paper books written with full learning purposes with complete projects detailed and explained and with learner's progression in mind.

So in the case of GameMaker, there are 3 very good books that you should buy (preferably on paper rather than electronic version as it's much easier to have the book next to your keyboard for reading and working at the same time):

* "The Game Maker's Apprentice" by Jacob Habgood
* "The Game Maker's Companion" by Jacob Habgood

Those two are a bit old and were made with an older version of GM but as GM didn't change too much, most of the projects are still relevant and you just have to do some minor tweaks in worst cases (just skip the "sleep" function for example). In terms of learning material, this duo is the best I've read with a good learning curve. You'll even get to remake the classic "Zool" from the Amiga era (assets provided).

* "Gamemaker Game Programming with Gml" by Matthew DeLucas

When you're familiar with the drag 'n' drop interface and logic of gamemaker and want to dig further (and thus be able to properly understand the sources codes provided with the weekly bundle) you might want to check this book which is all bout GML, the very own programming language of GameMaker which somehow is close to Python language. There are only 2 games projects but they cover a lot of aspects that you'll need to properly understand to work efficiently in GML.

Here are the Amazon UK links, also available on Amazon US of course:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Game-Makers-Apprentice-Development/dp/1590596153/ref=pd_cp_14_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1FMW0FGXRGAXW96C6BX0

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Makers-Companion-Technology-Action/dp/1430228261/ref=pd_cp_14_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1FMW0FGXRGAXW96C6BX0

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gamemaker-Game-Programming-Matthew-Delucas/dp/1783559446/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442558742&sr=8-1&keywords=gamemaker+gml
<span class="bold">Humble Weekly Bundle: Fantastic Arcade</span>

PWYW
Hellmouth
ALEA
HOKY
Risky Bison (Only for Windows)
CRAP! No One Loves Me
Wheels of Aurelia

$8
FEZ
Hotline Miami
LUFTRAUSERS
No Brakes Valet (Only for Windows)
MirrorMoon EP
FRACT OSC (Not for Linux)

All games are DRM-Free and they support WIndows/Mac/Linux (except for the three games noted above). In addition, all games from the $8 tier give a Steam key, except for No Brakes Valet, which instead gives an Android version.
Post edited September 24, 2015 by Grargar
Grargar: <span class="bold">Humble Weekly Bundle: Fantastic Arcade</span>

PWYW
Hellmouth
ALEA
HOKY
Risky Bison (Only for Windows)
CRAP! No One Loves Me
Wheels of Aurelia

$8
FEZ
Hotline Miami
LUFTRAUSERS
No Brakes Valet (Only for Windows)
MirrorMoon EP
FRACT OSC (Not for Linux)

All games are DRM-Free and they support WIndows/Mac/Linux (except for the three games noted above). In addition, all games from the $8 tier give a Steam key, except for No Brakes Valet, which instead gives an Android version.
Ok, i want to comment some of 8$ tier games.

FEZ = GOOOD (really, i like it very much)
Hotline Miami = DUNNO (not my cap of tea, but peoples like it)
LUFTRAUSERS = DUNNO (same as above)
MirrorMoon EP = POINTLESS, dont try it, its mostly waste of time, game without any reason. and its boring as hell.
FRACT OSC = POINTLESS? pretty much same as above, but look nicer and have nice music features.
So, generally, forget about High tier, you can get good stuff here cheaper.
For those wondering how much devs can get approximatively earn from a Humble Weekly (not as big as the "Humble Indie Bundle"), the creator of Death Ray Manta (aka DRM) tweeted about it:

about 5K British pounds for a gross global revenue of 1 million $

https://twitter.com/retroremakes/status/648798111603802112

(of course you have to take into account there were a lot of games and that Yoyogames took a share too)
No bundle this week.
Grargar: No bundle this week.
Humble Monthly though.
Post edited October 01, 2015 by JMich
JMich: Humble Monthly though.
Huh...
Ah Lootcrate without the loot.
Grargar: Huh...
Yeah, basically pay $12/month for games that haven't been bundled before (in theory), at the first Friday of each month. If you haven't subscribed by the time the bundle goes live, you miss said games, other than the instant unlocked ones.
Current is Legend of Grimrock 2, which does sound decent for $12.
JMich: Yeah, basically pay $12/month for games that haven't been bundled before (in theory), at the first Friday of each month. If you haven't subscribed by the time the bundle goes live, you miss said games, other than the instant unlocked ones.
Maybe if I hadn't preordered Legend of Grimrock 2 here. :P
OK, I've started a new thread so we can move the "monthly" discussions there:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/humble_monthly_bundle
Grargar: Huh...
JMich: Yeah, basically pay $12/month for games that haven't been bundled before (in theory), at the first Friday of each month. If you haven't subscribed by the time the bundle goes live, you miss said games, other than the instant unlocked ones.
Yeah, but the monthly bundle is more or less Steam only. At least Steam is the only delivery method they guarantee.
This has to be bad joke. Humble comes up with the weirdest crap sometimes. :D
WOW. That new Subscribe initiative feels so...unhamble. Its kinda strange that their last Weekly bundle as SO full of DRM-free crossplatform (and even steam-less) games, just like in old old times? Like a final departure of old principles...

Anyway, for drm-free linux user this Monthly thing is big no no.