It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stand-up comedy bundle: Great idea.

Contents of this stand-up comedy bundle: Not interesting.
yyahoo: I thought you were going to say "That's....... not funny"
I meant that the concept is interesting, not the bundle itself. I personally agree with everyone else here and am not going to buy it.
BillyMaysFan59: I meant that the concept is interesting, not the bundle itself. I personally agree with everyone else here and am not going to buy it.
There was a Comedy Bundle ages ago. Audio and some videos. Better known performers, too.
madth3: There was a Comedy Bundle ages ago. Audio and some videos. Better known performers, too.
This one?
http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/59600853947/need-a-laugh-look-no-further-than-the-humble
Yep.
I like the idea of Humble Bundle exploring different content areas beyond just video games. I've really enjoyed the book bundles and the android mobile material; stand-up comedy doesn't strike me but "you can't win them all."
Frankly speaking, this weeks bundle is a joke.
huN73R: Frankly speaking, this weeks bundle is a joke.
Indeed but unfortunately it's a bad joke. Not even remotely funny.
undeadcow: I like the idea of Humble Bundle exploring different content areas beyond just video games. I've really enjoyed the book bundles and the android mobile material; stand-up comedy doesn't strike me but "you can't win them all."
Thats not the first time they explore *this* area. There was one Comedy bundle before, with pretty debatable results. There was other non-game bundles too, now usual performer - books bundle, and several less resultative Music bundles (in this area Groupees and Game Music Bundle show much better taste of music).
I like idea of new areas too, but so far Humble havent made new revolution.
Wow, 26 GB for an HD video. That's gotta be Blu-ray quality bit-rate. I'm part impressed and part disappointed because Hicks' shows were shot in SD so there's no point in sacrificing that much space for an upscale.
Don't care for the weekly bundle but the humble store has midweek adventure madness and there are some fine Daedalic adventures in it - even DRM-free. Question remains which one of them has multi-language?
Post edited April 01, 2015 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Don't care for the weekly bundle but the humble store has midweek adventure madness and there are some fine Daedalic adventures in it - even DRM-free. Question remains which one of them has multi-language?
Taken a look. Well, not bad promo, really, but most of dmr-free stuff was on Humble and other bundle too already. yet, most games is top notch.
budejovice: Hicks was a Texan and has been dead for decades. While legendary in my Texas circles in the 90s, in case you don't know about him, here's the choice bit from wikipedia:

"His material, encompassing a wide range of social issues including religion, politics, and philosophy, was controversial, and often steeped in dark comedy. He criticized consumerism, superficiality, mediocrity, and banality within the media and popular culture, which he characterized as oppressive tools of the ruling class that keep people 'stupid and apathetic'."
HypersomniacLive: Sounds right up my alley.

*goes to check him out on YouTube*
You've been gone for five days. You must have found out you really like Bill HIcks, huh?
MarkoH01: Don't care for the weekly bundle but the humble store has midweek adventure madness and there are some fine Daedalic adventures in it - even DRM-free. Question remains which one of them has multi-language?
Redfern: Taken a look. Well, not bad promo, really, but most of dmr-free stuff was on Humble and other bundle too already. yet, most games is top notch.
There are some games I'd like to add my DRM-Free collection: especially Deponia: The complete Journey (because of the commentaries - I already have the single ones on Steam and the first one on GOG, too), Chains Of Satinav (have this one only on Steam but don't know if German language is included here), the two Puzzle Agents (not real adventures but I've bought the Telltale Games and liked em ... unfortunately Telltale is DRM) and maybe 1954 and Randall's Monday (again not sure if the DRM-Free versions support German language). I've already written to humble that they should really include which language the DRM-Free versions are supporting. What do I do if I buy a game and after claiming and downloading find out that it does not support my desired language?
MarkoH01: There are some games I'd like to add my DRM-Free collection: especially Deponia: The complete Journey (because of the commentaries - I already have the single ones on Steam and the first one on GOG, too), Chains Of Satinav (have this one only on Steam but don't know if German language is included here), the two Puzzle Agents (not real adventures but I've bought the Telltale Games and liked em ... unfortunately Telltale is DRM) and maybe 1954 and Randall's Monday (again not sure if the DRM-Free versions support German language). I've already written to humble that they should really include which language the DRM-Free versions are supporting. What do I do if I buy a game and after claiming and downloading find out that it does not support my desired language?
AFAIK the only Daedalic adventures missing the german language here are the Dark Eye ones. Possible that it's the same with the Humble DRM-free versions...
Post edited April 02, 2015 by ElTerprise