It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

kalirion: How can you tell? The regular edition isn't even for sale on Steam anymore, right?
TheMonkofDestiny: The graphic being used is the graphic for the regular edition and not this for the recent replacement.

Whether it's on sale on Steam still, I don't think so but I could be mistaken about that. The older versions are still up (or were, when I last looked) at other storefronts though.
Ah, ok. We'll, I'll get it in the monthly, and play it when i get around to it, and not worry about the missing DLC unless I see the "upgrade" for a very low price prior to playing.

The demo ran like crap on my rig so I might not get to it until I get me a new computer whenever that happens. Though I guess I could always play it "cinematically".
zlaywal: The first month of Humble Choice is supposedly leaked

https://www.reddit.com/r/humblebundles/comments/e13odc/did_humble_already_leak_the_games_list_for_humble/

•Shadow of the Tomb Raider
•Blasphemous
•Void Bastards
•Phantom Doctrine
•Dead In Vinland
•Horizon Chase Turbo
•Dark Future: Blood Red States
•Desert Child
•Aegis Defenders
•X-Morph: Defense

The price raise gave me a mixed feeling about them.
WOW, i will definitely continue with my classic sub for this. Hope the rest of 2020 is just as good. Just WOW :)
Post edited November 25, 2019 by Heretic777
I just realized that Aegis Defenders and Void Bastards are Humble Bundle published games, so they really struggled to get the first Choice Bundle stacked up. I wonder, how the weaker bundles of the future will end up looking.

Dead In Vinland will probably be only the base game, and you'd still be left getting the DLC separately, which costs around the same as the base game.

X-Morph: Defense will probably be only the base game, and you'd still be left getting the DLC separately, which costs around the same as the base game.

Phantom Doctrine is only missing the soundtrack DLC.

Desert Child is only missing the soundtrack DLC. I don't even know what this is, but it's definitively not something I'd be interested in.

Horizon Chase Turbo looks like an arcade racing game, which holds no interest for me. Has DLC, but it isn't prohibitively priced, should you be looking for the complete edition.

Blasphemous will probably be only the base game, and the DLC is entirely extras related.

Dark Future: Blood Red States is only missing the soundtrack DLC. The game was mistakenly discounted at 75% off in a recent STEAM sale, instead of the regular 25%, so I can see how some people might already own it.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider, people are speculating it will be the Definitive Edition. My money are on it being the base game, but I guess we'll see.

Aegis Defenders is only missing the soundtrack DLC.

Void Bastards has DLC, but it isn't prohibitively priced, should you be looking for the complete edition.

In conclusion, let's just say that my initial hype has been somewhat deflated.
MadalinStroe: Shadow of the Tomb Raider, people are speculating it will be the Definitive Edition. My money are on it being the base game, but I guess we'll see.
It would follow the pattern Humble usually goes with when this happens. I suspect it may have something to do with the timing of when they worked out the agreement to include the game in the bundle (or... package or whatever you want to call this thing now) and that was probably prior to the shift of the game into the definitive edition.

It'd be nice to be wrong about that, however. It could also end up like HITMAN 2016 did, where they had "most" of the content, but not all of it.

It may also work out that any keys for the base game will just automatically shift over into the definitive regardless of where they're bought from, which makes my previous comment about the premium/deluxe and Croft editions still being sold on some storefronts seem like purchases to avoid (especially the latter since I think the last price I saw it at was about $50USD).

Of course, it's a complete screw-over again from Square. The first Tomb Raider of the reboot series used to have a deluxe edition for sale but they canned the ability to buy it on the likes of Steam once they crammed all the DLC into a pack with the base game. Some might argue that the deluxe content (a downloadable map, some soundtrack files but not the entire soundtrack and something else - it's been a minute since I last thought about this so it's a bit foggy on the recollection) was useless but for them to just wave a hand and cause it to vanish outside of people who bought that edition prior is full-on ridiculous.

(Edit after the fact - Realized that last bit may be confusing, in as much that at least with Shadow's definitive edition they aren't just scrapping content from the various editions like they did with 2013. At least they don't seem to be as I don't own any edition of Shadow to compare personally.)
Post edited November 26, 2019 by TheMonkofDestiny
MadalinStroe: I just realized that Aegis Defenders and Void Bastards are Humble Bundle published games, so they really struggled to get the first Choice Bundle stacked up. I wonder, how the weaker bundles of the future will end up looking.

Dead In Vinland will probably be only the base game, and you'd still be left getting the DLC separately, which costs around the same as the base game.

X-Morph: Defense will probably be only the base game, and you'd still be left getting the DLC separately, which costs around the same as the base game.

Desert Child is only missing the soundtrack DLC. I don't even know what this is, but it's definitively not something I'd be interested in.

Horizon Chase Turbo looks like an arcade racing game, which holds no interest for me. Has DLC, but it isn't prohibitively priced, should you be looking for the complete edition.

Blasphemous will probably be only the base game, and the DLC is entirely extras related.

Dark Future: Blood Red States is only missing the soundtrack DLC. The game was mistakenly discounted at 75% off in a recent STEAM sale, instead of the regular 25%, so I can see how some people might already own it.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider, people are speculating it will be the Definitive Edition. My money are on it being the base game, but I guess we'll see.

Void Bastards has DLC, but it isn't prohibitively priced, should you be looking for the complete edition.

Im just gonna say this: most bundle games, be it monthly or regular game bundles, dont have dlcs included to begin wit so im not sure what you are on about. Also most of the games listed are mostly missing soundtrack dcls and whatsnot anyway so thats not a big thing.

And there are ways to find the dlcs significantly cheaper than steam store prices if you know where to look.

The way I see it is i (but your mileage may vary), as long as the main game content feels complete, i dont really mind dlc-s. Not every companies is trying to nickle and dime their players with cutting out content just to resell it to you for extra.
Post edited November 26, 2019 by Zetikla
Zetikla: *snip*
It would cost $50 to upgrade Shadow of the Tomb Raider to the Definitive edition. If it turns out not to be the Definitive Edition, the version they give us will be worthless to everyone who wants the Definitive Edition, except to trade to people who have no interest in any of the DLC. A $10 discount on a $60 game is not something I'd be happy about being in the Humble Choice.

EDIT: I just noticed that all three of the DLC which would upgrade to the Definitive Edition require you to already own the Definitive Edition, so apparently there is no upgrade path, which would make the base game completely worthless to anyone who wants any of the DLC.
Post edited November 26, 2019 by finkleroy
finkleroy: It would cost $50 to upgrade Shadow of the Tomb Raider to the Definitive edition. If it turns out not to be the Definitive Edition, the version they give us will be worthless to everyone who wants the Definitive Edition, except to trade to people who have no interest in any of the DLC. A $10 discount on a $60 game is not something I'd be happy about being in the Humble Choice.

EDIT: I just noticed that all three of the DLC which would upgrade to the Definitive Edition require you to already own the Definitive Edition, so apparently there is no upgrade path, which would make the base game completely worthless to anyone who wants any of the DLC.
Yeah well if its the case then you should complain to SE about it as they are the ones deciding which edition gets in.

Secondly last time I checked this bundle has more games than just Tomb Raider in it. Now if that game is your main focus out of it then it may indeed not be the hest deal every but if you consider that forvthe asking price you get 9 additional games with it..

Lets try to be reasonable with our expectations, thats what im saying.
Post edited November 26, 2019 by Zetikla
Watch EGS give out the SotTR Definitive Edition Bundle on last Thursday of December :)
finkleroy: It would cost $50 to upgrade Shadow of the Tomb Raider to the Definitive edition. If it turns out not to be the Definitive Edition, the version they give us will be worthless to everyone who wants the Definitive Edition, except to trade to people who have no interest in any of the DLC. A $10 discount on a $60 game is not something I'd be happy about being in the Humble Choice.

Seems like a mistake of some sort for the bundle. Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition includes Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition *boggle*

If you hover over it it does say Shadow of the Tomb Raider, no definitive, but then in tiny letters again, includes...
Post edited November 26, 2019 by Pheace
MadalinStroe: I just realized that Aegis Defenders and Void Bastards are Humble Bundle published games, so they really struggled to get the first Choice Bundle stacked up. I wonder, how the weaker bundles of the future will end up looking.

Zetikla: Im just gonna say this: most bundle games, be it monthly or regular game bundles, dont have dlcs included to begin wit so im not sure what you are on about. Also most of the games listed are mostly missing soundtrack dcls and whatsnot anyway so thats not a big thing.

And there are ways to find the dlcs significantly cheaper than steam store prices if you know where to look.

The way I see it is i (but your mileage may vary), as long as the main game content feels complete, i dont really mind dlc-s. Not every companies is trying to nickle and dime their players with cutting out content just to resell it to you for extra.
I'm not on about anything, but your comment sounds a bit dismissive. I just composed an informative list about what's missing from the leaked Humble Choice bundle.

If anything my opinion is at the bottom of my post, where I said that I was hyped about the leak initially. But, once I had the time to look around at the missing DLC, my high impression was tempered down. I realized I'd have to purchase several pieces of DLC before I enjoy the games. I always feel like I'm missing out on content, if I play a game with missing DLC. Which is why I always praise GOG when they release a game in a complete edition.

When it comes to soundtrack DLCs, unless they offer FLACs, they are an automatic skip for me.
Post edited November 26, 2019 by MadalinStroe
Zetikla: For those curious, some anonymous source on 4chan leaked the possible remaining unlocks for the rest of Humble Monthly Decembe bundle:

" The rest of December Monthly can be:

Rabi-Ribi

ISLANDERS

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2

Hand of Fate 2

The Occupation

The Stillness of the Wind"

Source: https://yuki.la/v/483674793#p483677042
Too bad this ended up not being it. I was excited for the Megaman collection. At least I got Chasm from my wishlist.
Shadow of TR doesn't automatically upgrade to new edition, sadly.
Void Bastard are replaced with Aegis Defenders.
BeatriceElysia: Shadow of TR doesn't automatically upgrade to new edition, sadly.
In typical Humble fashion.
Zetikla: For those curious, some anonymous source on 4chan leaked the possible remaining unlocks for the rest of Humble Monthly Decembe bundle:

" The rest of December Monthly can be:

Rabi-Ribi

ISLANDERS

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2

Hand of Fate 2

The Occupation

The Stillness of the Wind"

Source: https://yuki.la/v/483674793#p483677042
Falci: Too bad this ended up not being it. I was excited for the Megaman collection. At least I got Chasm from my wishlist.
The fake leak would have been quite nice with Mega Man, Hand of Fate 2 and The Occupation for my tastes.

Have to admit that the actual unlocks (Chasm, Fluffy Horde,Regular Human Basketball, Sword Legacy: Omen) were quite bad for me.

Considering that i was not interested in My Time at Portia from the early Unlocks this months bundle might have been one of the worst i ever had ^^ (usually i can use or appreciate at least 3-4 games out of a bundle) - This month it kinda only was only Yakuza and Soul Calibur and both of them rather of the "don't mind if i have them" kind and not games i really badly wanted.

Humble Choice turned out good and the games were as in the posted leak here + Ancestors Legacy
BeatriceElysia: Shadow of TR doesn't automatically upgrade to new edition, sadly.
That's pretty low, seeing that the regular version isn't even on Steam anymore. It feels like Humble offering scraps and leftovers. I'm not that impressed with the first selection of Choice, and neither with the unlocks for December. At least the early unlocks were great, but I might actually pause the subscription if Shadow of the TR, the only game I'm really after, is just a downgrade to what I'd get on Steam.

Falci: Too bad this ended up not being it. I was excited for the Megaman collection. At least I got Chasm from my wishlist.
TT_TT_TT_TT: The fake leak would have been quite nice with Mega Man, Hand of Fate 2 and The Occupation for my tastes.
Admittedly a bit too good to be true. But the actual unlocks (apart from Chasm) are quite the opposite, really cheap.
Post edited December 06, 2019 by Leroux