It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BeatriceElysia: Actually, we still don't know exact rules of Humble Choice.
Will classic and regular Humble Choice be about same games?
Will I get same games for 12$ as people who do Humble Choice?

How will Humble Classic actually work? With mystery or without mystery?
I mean, we kinda do know how it will work based on things they've already wrote.

You get 10 games, compared to the 9 on the premium plan. They're all revealed up front, regardless of the plan. There's no "here's a trickle of games, wait until next month begins to see the rest!" nonsense anymore.

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036284854-Humble-Choice-FAQ
https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036658733-Humble-Choice-Classic-Plan-FAQ
Pheace: Not sure what you mean. If I'm not mistaken if you're currently a subscriber, you'll automatically become a Humble Choice subscriber for the same price as you are paying now for the Humble Monthly.

If you subscribe later, after Humble choice arrives, you'll have to pay the Humble choice price, which is much more expensive. The 'legacy' discounted price for Humble choice will stop if you ever stop your subscription.
BeatriceElysia: Actually, we still don't know exact rules of Humble Choice.
Will classic and regular Humble Choice be about same games?
Will I get same games for 12$ as people who do Humble Choice?

How will Humble Classic actually work? With mystery or without mystery?
Shown up front and as long as you sub now and stay subbed, you get the whole thing for $12. Choice replaces the classic though I imagine you meant number of games, no idea. Even if it's same then quality is still a thing. Personally it just sounds like a price increase. If I ever fell out of the sub I doubt I'd consider it again, unless they were *really* good games.
Pheace: Shown up front and as long as you sub now and stay subbed, you get the whole thing for $12. Choice replaces the classic though I imagine you meant number of games, no idea. Even if it's same then quality is still a thing. Personally it just sounds like a price increase. If I ever fell out of the sub I doubt I'd consider it again, unless they were *really* good games.
At the current price, it has been and I suspect will continue to be a steal.
Okay, so it basically boils down to Humble trying to stop people from cancelling their subscriptions all the time instead of just pausing and to lock them into permanent subscription. Now the next question is, how does pausing work? Do you actively have to confirm Pause for each month or it will default to Buy, or do you only need to toggle on Pause once and then toggle it off whenever you're interested again? (I bet it's the former?)

EDIT:
Yup, just as I thought, at least for the current Monthly:
"NOTE: Pausing lasts for 1 month at a time. After that month has been skipped, you will be resubscribed and set to receive the next monthly subscription."

No wonder everyone prefered to cancel every time they wanted to pause. Then again, if they wanted you to buy only select bundles that are of interest to you, they would have made it a regular bundle.
Post edited November 09, 2019 by Leroux
My newest bit of the discussion: https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/unMz58l

So, if you want Classic, sub now. I personally am going with the 6-month plan (with pausing), for reasons I lay out here.
I've ignored this up until last month, when two of the three announced games were on my wishlist (Crash and Spyro) and, together with CoDWII, were substantially cheaper than if I bought them alone. In the end, I also got the Shenmue games that were also on my wishlist, so it was totally worth it.

I ended up getting this month as well, for Yakuza Kiwami and Soul Calibur VI.

But I highly doubt that I'll keep forking 50+ BRL every month. Specially to "keep my classic subscription". I'll probably cancel and never look back.
looks like a cash grab to me !! (but that is my 1st impression)

My second opinion - I am not too bothered, and will buy direct from the makers if possible in the future to support them.

My third opinion - perhaps ignore me lol, as if I buy direct all the time, I won't be supporting Gog !!
I'm very happy as a yearly subscriber of Humble monthly and I don't care at all they change their format, since I don't plan to cancel anytime soon. Each month, there are good surprises, so I'm happy.

My only gripe with Humble monthly is when they include region-locked games, like next month's Sould Calibur. Because the 5$ coupon they give in exchange is useless.
Falci: But I highly doubt that I'll keep forking 50+ BRL every month. Specially to "keep my classic subscription". I'll probably cancel and never look back.
You don't need to cancel, you just need to pause on the months you don't want to fork it over. And the "to pause or not to pose" decisions will be easier than ever because the entire bundle will be revealed at once, no mysteries!
Microfish_1: So, if you want Classic, sub now. I personally am going with the 6-month plan (with pausing), for reasons I lay out here.
Thought this was a good point so I changed my plan to 6 months. I can handle 17 cents extra for a bundle if I'm interested in it and if Choice for some reason goes down the drain it's only half the money invested.
kalirion: You don't need to cancel, you just need to pause on the months you don't want to fork it over.
With the caveat that you need to remember to do it actively every month.
Well quite curious for the first "new" bundle. For now it really seems like a move to "force" ppl to commit on their classic bundles and as a price increase for others but maybe the quality of games really will increasek - for now i leave them the benefit of the doubt. Also the quantity of "good picks" (ya i know that is quite subjective) will be interesting. Bc ya what help will be a classic bundle with 10 games or the best premium bundle (if you are already locked out of classic) with 9 games if there is only 3-4 games each month you are remotely interested in
Falci: But I highly doubt that I'll keep forking 50+ BRL every month. Specially to "keep my classic subscription". I'll probably cancel and never look back.
kalirion: You don't need to cancel, you just need to pause on the months you don't want to fork it over. And the "to pause or not to pose" decisions will be easier than ever because the entire bundle will be revealed at once, no mysteries!
You're right, of course. But I'm thinking of certain things specifically.

Pausing is a necessary recurring process.

Backlog is gigantic and keeps growing.

I can't really afford to keep being tempted every month and "Oh, here's 50+ bucks because this or that game is in my wish list"

I think sometimes you just have to sabotage certain "great spending opportunities" actively before you end up spending money you could be using somewhere else better.
kalirion: You don't need to cancel, you just need to pause on the months you don't want to fork it over.
Leroux: With the caveat that you need to remember to do it actively every month.
I religiously check the new monthly every first Friday of the month. It's not something I'm going to forget.
Has it been confirmed that you'll be able to pause Choice? I assumed that they'd be charging people as soon as each month's games were revealed, with no chance to skip if/when there's nothing you want. In fact, I assumed that stopping people like me treating it as an occasional purchase rather than a constant subscription was a major reason for changing it.