It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nvm
Post edited January 19, 2016 by timppu
high rated
tremere110: Unfortunately it seems that it requires you to install the Humble Bundle app to download the games - there is no web download :(
That's what I read too but hyperagathon says there are download links. I did not buy the bundle so I'm just passing the information.
timppu: Yeah, interestingly they don't mention DRM-free anywhere anymore on the page. I think earlier the mobile Android bundles were marketed as being DRM-free.
From the page:
DRM-free for Android. All games in this bundle are available DRM-free exclusively for Android. Some games may have minimum device requirements in order to run properly.
Post edited January 19, 2016 by madth3
tremere110: Unfortunately it seems that it requires you to install the Humble Bundle app to download the games - there is no web download :(
timppu: Yeah, interestingly they don't mention DRM-free anywhere anymore on the page. I think earlier the mobile Android bundles were marketed as being DRM-free.

Is the HB app needed also to install the game, or only for downloading? Ie. can you download .apks with the app, but then install with those apks independently?
The Humble mobile app downloads and installs the APK, but the APK remains in the designated download directory. I bought The Nightmare Cooperative just yesterday, and the APK is sitting pretty in Download/humblebundle.

I actually haven't bought this bundle, so I cannot guarantee they provide you with APKs on the web page, I was speaking from prior experience. I suppose it's possible they do not offer them for this bundle. Contact support, perhaps?
madth3: From the page:

DRM-free for Android. All games in this bundle are available DRM-free exclusively for Android. Some games may have minimum device requirements in order to run properly.
madth3:
Right, now I see it. It was later on the "hidden" part of the text. But wasn't there earlier also the "DRM-free" tag on the top?

So which way is it, you can download the apks also directly from the web page? Any news if the games download part of the game data afterwards, when you run the game the first time?
[EDIT] I can't seem to reply to anybody's post - oh GoG forum software

Trying to download from the web in the library gives me

Download
Please install our android app to download this game.
Clicking the download link sends you to the HBapp download page.
If there is a way to do web downloads I do not see it and would appreciate anyone telling me how.

[EDIT2]

This is on the humble mobile bundle web page (in between top contributers and pay what you want):

In order to download the games in this bundle, you must have a Humble Bundle account and use the Humble Bundle Android App.
Post edited January 19, 2016 by tremere110
My personal fav quote from the webpage:

DRM-free for Android. All games in this bundle are available DRM-free exclusively for Android. Some games may have minimum device requirements in order to run properly. In order to download the games in this bundle, you must have a Humble Bundle account and use the Humble Bundle Android App. For more information, please check the full system requirements here.
DRM-free my ass.
I've requested a refund, if I don't get it, I'll never buy anything there again.
Post edited January 19, 2016 by Klumpen0815
Klumpen0815: DRM-free my ass.
I've requested a refund, if I don't get it, I'll never buy anything there again.
Well... Is the HB app needed merely for downloading the apk installars?

If so, then they could still be DRM-free, as long as you don't have to use the client to either install or play the games. So if the apks can be moved to another device and used there without the client, fine I guess.

It can be cumbersome though if they don't provide the web links. I keep my HB Android game apk installers on my PC hard drive from where I can easily copy and install them to any of my Android devices. Having to download them first to an Android device (and then copy them to e.g. to PC) is cumbersome. The apks already take more than 32 GB, meaning they don't all fit even on the external SD card on my tablet.

Is it a viable option to install some Android emulator on PC, and run the HB app there? Then I guess I could download the apks straigh to my hard drive.

If there is a petition to get the web links back, I'll sign it.
Post edited January 19, 2016 by timppu
timppu: Is it a viable option to install some Android emulator on PC, and run the HB app there? Then I guess I could download the apks straigh to my hard drive.

If there is a petition to get the web links back, I'll sign it.
I'm waiting on Remix OS to have a non-developer version (read: not buggy), or Andy to add back the ability to read the external hard disk.

Either way, downloading from the web to my laptop is exactly what I've been doing on Android; not downloading straight to Android AND with an app. But I guess that if after obtaining them, I can delete the Humble Bundle app and still get to play my games, then the apps in question are truly DRM-free. I just don't know why'd they do such a restriction.

Perhaps they don't want the games played on PC instead? I can still do that.
How is it not DRM-free? You don't have to get their app, you can just download the files to your computer then transfer them to your Android from there.
zeogold: How is it not DRM-free? You don't have to get their app, you can just download the files to your computer then transfer them to your Android from there.
There's no way of downloading the files without it and you have to get their app this time.
Post edited January 20, 2016 by Klumpen0815
zeogold: How is it not DRM-free? You don't have to get their app, you can just download the files to your computer then transfer them to your Android from there.
Klumpen0815: There's no way of downloading the files without it and you have to get their app this time.
Wait, what?! That's the first I've ever heard of such a thing happening. I have some 30+ Android games in my Humble libary, and none of them require the app. You've tried checking both the library and the purchase page?
Klumpen0815: There's no way of downloading the files without it and you have to get their app this time.
zeogold: Wait, what?! That's the first I've ever heard of such a thing happening. I have some 30+ Android games in my Humble libary, and none of them require the app. You've tried checking both the library and the purchase page?
See below.
Attachments:
page.jpg (87 Kb)
library.jpg (46 Kb)
zeogold: Wait, what?! That's the first I've ever heard of such a thing happening. I have some 30+ Android games in my Humble libary, and none of them require the app. You've tried checking both the library and the purchase page?
Klumpen0815: See below.
Holy schamoley. That makes ME upset. You'd think that they'd have the decency to say something about this on the purchase page.
Klumpen0815: See below.
zeogold: Holy schamoley. That makes ME upset. You'd think that they'd have the decency to say something about this on the purchase page.
It took a while, but I've gotten a refund now.
Whoever doesn't want to be forced to use yet another client in the future should stay away from the humble mobile bundles now. Too bad, I got many great .apks from there, well time to tackle the backlog, I guess.