It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: WH40k: Storm of Vengeance, Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf
The Horus Heresy: Drop Assault - Warmaster's Edition
Ummm... what the heck? I bought the bundle, but for "Horus Heresy" and "Space Wolf", HumbleBundle doesn't provide an .apk download, but a redeemed code, apparently to GooglePlay or iOS? Yet, the bundle is stating "DRM-free" in its title?

If they are now starting to sell GooglePlay codes as "DRM-free games", I want my money back. Same as GOG started selling Steam/Origin/UPlay keys as DRM-free games.

Hopefully I am misunderstanding something... maybe I'll still check the HB Android downloader as well, whether it offers those two games for download, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Well, according to these redeeming instructions, you do not receive an .apk installer, but you have to install the games through GooglePlay or AppStore, and then unlock the games with the codes. Shit. I think I need to start boycotting HumbleBundle, those damn idiots. Luckily I haven't tried to download anything yet from this bundle, so I think I try to get my money back, for principle.

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/207142937

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/207164807

EDIT2: The description on the store page states the following, which still gives me an impression you should get a DRM-free version (installer!) for each game, and on top of that a code for Space Wolf.

DRM-free for Android. All games in this bundle are available DRM-free exclusively for Android. Space Wolf in-game keys are for redeeming in mobile store versions of the game.
Post edited August 03, 2015 by timppu
I just opened a ticked to HB support, asking where are the DRM-free .apks for the two games, and if they can't provide them, to give me a full refund back.

I presume I can also do a recall through Paypal or even the credit card company, in case they don't clarify this soon?
yyahoo: That's unfortunate. Historically, Humble has been pretty good at including all IAP content with their releases. I imagine it's getting harder and harder for them to find good mobile games that don't simply exist to bankrupt you with IAPs...
To correct myself, it turns out that you can purchase IAP out of the humble bundle Warhammer Quest .apk; that's not always been the case - at least the Cartoon Network games have no IAP accessible.
So, before i buy this, where do i have to use those codes that timppu mentioned?
Space Wolf and Horus Heresy require a persistent internet connection on Google Play...

...I see a Horus Heresy download file now, not sure if really DRMfree.
timppu: ...Well, according to these redeeming instructions, you do not receive an .apk installer, but you have to install the games through GooglePlay or AppStore, and then unlock the games with the codes. Shit. I think I need to start boycotting HumbleBundle, those damn idiots. Luckily I haven't tried to download anything yet from this bundle, so I think I try to get my money back, for principle.
This is not the first time Humble Bundle has offered unlock codes like this - they also did so with Star Realms, Hero Academy, Scrolls, Solforge, Ticket to Ride, Small Worlds 2 (expansions tied to online activation e-mail), and possibly a few others.
Cyraxpt: So, before i buy this, where do i have to use those codes that timppu mentioned?
These are the code redemption instructions:
https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/207142937 for Space Wolf, includes pictures
https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/207164807 for Horus Heresy: Drop Assault
Post edited August 04, 2015 by undeadcow
undeadcow: These are the code redemption instructions:
https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/207142937 for Space Wolf, includes pictures
https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/207164807 for Horus Heresy: Drop Assault
Oh, it's that google play thing, i'm ok with that. Thanks.
Forget what i said, to hell with this shit, it only shows how oblivious i am with mobile gaming.

Downloaded and installed Storm of Vegeance
Do you want to share with google + circle blablabla? No.
What is your google account? What? I said NO!
Singleplayer, what is this? Locked campaigns? I have to pay? Oh well, guess it was expected, let me try the two available ones...

You have to be connected and download the rest of the assets.

WHAT THE HELL??? What did i download and installed then? And why isn't downloading the rest of the game?
Cyraxpt: Forget what i said, to hell with this shit, it only shows how oblivious i am with mobile gaming.

Downloaded and installed Storm of Vegeance
Do you want to share with google + circle blablabla? No.
What is your google account? What? I said NO!
Singleplayer, what is this? Locked campaigns? I have to pay? Oh well, guess it was expected, let me try the two available ones...

You have to be connected and download the rest of the assets.

WHAT THE HELL??? What did i download and installed then? And why isn't downloading the rest of the game?
oh god, that's a shame. I am newbie with smartphone/tablets games so for me is very useful read about your experience. Thanks for tell us. Well, better wait a few hours for the Humble bundle. BTW The Weekly bundle was awesome
undeadcow: ...I see a Horus Heresy download file now, not sure if really DRMfree.
I see that now, albeit it is an "Update coming soon"-button, whatever that means... Only Space Wolf seems to still miss an .apk installer. I'll check later today what the HB support may have answered to me.

The filesizes are so relatively small that I suspect these are yet another HB Android "DRM-free" installers which download most of the gamedata from some servers after the .apk installation, ie. the installers are not fully self-contained. Wouldn't be the first time, these HB Android games seem to have increasingly become like that.

In a way you could claim they are still DRM-free (not tied to an account, nor trying to control how and where you install and play them), but still it will cause me as a user similar problems as DRM does, if and when those said download servers, wherever they may be, go offline permanently. Then I simply can't install my games anymore, period.

I think I'll just stop buying HB Android games. They've been the only HB bundles I've bought for a long time anyway...
Post edited August 04, 2015 by timppu
timppu: I think I'll just stop buying HB Android games. They've been the only HB bundles I've bought for a long time anyway...
I'd still guess that you won't find any "freer" versions of games anywhere, so if by stopping buying HB bundles you mean you'll stop buying Android games altogether, that's fine, but if it means you'll still buy games just at some locked store, I think it's better to keep with HB.
ET3D: I'd still guess that you won't find any "freer" versions of games anywhere, so if by stopping buying HB bundles you mean you'll stop buying Android games altogether, that's fine, but if it means you'll still buy games just at some locked store, I think it's better to keep with HB.
Yeah I realize that. Android games (HB or elsewhere) will just probably drop to the same category as me buying Steam/Origin/UPlay games, ie. quite rarely and only for very specific cases mostly, like if there is some super deal I just can't pass (the EA Origin Humble Bundle a couple years back as an example, several AAAAAA games for a nickel and a dime).

I will mainly stop routinely buying new HB Android bundles, as I've done so far. I don't see the point of amassing them for later use, as I can't consider them DRM-free anyway (ie. that I can necessarily even install and play them in the future, when I finally decide to try them out).

Most probably it will mean I will mainly just install and play "free-to-pay" games on Android (even if that), like the rest of the world. Hmm, maybe I should check Angry Birds 2, and play it only as long until the in-game purchase nags become too irritating, like I did with e.g. Plants vs Zombies 2... Then move on to the next f2p game, and next, and next... It would have to be some quite special f2p game I'd pay money for through micro-transactions, still haven't encountered one especially on Android.
Post edited August 04, 2015 by timppu
The only addition for the second week's BTA was Chainsaw Warrior.

Edited the relevant post.
<span class="bold">Humble Humongous Mobile Bundle</span>

$1
Putt-Putt® Saves the Zoo
Spy Fox in Dry Cereal
Freddi Fish: Haunted Schoolhouse
Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide

BTA
Putt-Putt® Joins the Circus
Pajama Sam Thunder & Lightning
Freddi Fish & the Stolen Shell
Putt-Putt® Enters the Race

$10.99
Steam keys for all the games in the bundle
75% off one purchase of Humongous titles in the Humble Store

$29.99
Humongous Scent 'n' Socks
Post edited August 24, 2015 by Grargar
<span class="bold">Humble Mobile Bundle 14</span>

$1
Amelia|Kids Story Book
Toy Defense Premium
One More Line Humble Edition

BTA
Double Dragon Trilogy
Autumn Dynasty - RTS
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Jones on Fire
Muertitos a Matching Puzzle
Post edited September 14, 2015 by Grargar
Stranger's Wrath is 1.2 MB, apparently. That's some oddworld compression there...